Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 230 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I think they said they need a minimum of 12 or there's no point. Hopefully all 21 who voted are coming....but not too many more. We can always hope for an open track day with not too much traffic!

worst lay out ever! lol

Bring ice packs for your left shoulder.

Perfect day at Grand Bend today, what a great way to finish the season. It was nice meeting you Katatonic, your R6 definitely puts down some power! Is it stock gearing?

I also came to the realization that a quick shifter is pretty much required for track. Being able to quickly upshift on corner exit while body is still leaned over is an awesome thing

Last edited:
Anyone have any videos of the last day of the season?

Some quick pics
77sr48S.jpg

Yz8w4wf.jpg

2sNcPhL.jpg

kTyRsYF.jpg

If you’re off pace on that back straight you should have a hand up and be far left on the track. Twice in my career I’ve almost asspacked someone on the back straight doing what you were doing.

Once because they had a mechanical issue and were off pace. Another was because someone let out ninja 250s into the “fast group ” session. (Not really their fault, they should not have been let out into that session)

Both times I entered the straight right behind someone and stayed in their draft. I had no sight lines on slower traffic ahead.

Both times I moved out of the draft to pass.

Both times there was a bike going 100kph slower than me and had very little time to react.

Take that for what it’s worth.... if you’re not going fast, get off the line.

I wouldn't call this almost meeting tires together, I think you are exaggerating. It's not like we are racing and you are trying to draft off me.
TQWCI1j.png

I looked at the video you posted too and went frame by frame on it... I didn't even turn around. I was off to the side of the track, there was tons of room to safely pass me with no traffic around. I think it is a non-issue.

You're on a hot race track, right on the racing line, slowing down without signalling your intentions. You can never assume there is nobody right behind you or coming up on you with more pace. If you knew you were going to slow on the straight, get an arm or leg out in the corner to signal that you're doing something abnormal, and get OFF the racing line, staying tight on exit to the left side of the race track! If you didn't know you were going to slow down and had just decided to do it, don't do it!

I had a guy roll off going onto a straight, rear ended him so hard his muffler went through my radiator and we smashed helmets as i was flying over him.

I had a guy roll off going onto a straight, rear ended him so hard his muffler went through my radiator and we smashed helmets as i was flying over him.
Probably your fault for not using the whole rest of the track to avoid them...you know, lots of room. I see this as a non issue.

is that not something that is discussed at riders meetings? hand up, leg out BEFORE you roll off.

I think rubbing elbows with people at a track day is reckless & dangerous. Not sure how red defines their passing rules in the context of how close you can get to another rider at GBM but I know TMP requires at least an arms length distance when passing in red. It's not a race, it's a track day. Why are you rubbing elbows with other riders?

Backing off while on the line without signalling is reckless and dangerous.

I think you need to start reading/listening more and writing/talking less.

Take it to pm's kids.I'll unlock this when calm returns maybe

Back
Top Bottom