Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 223 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

so SMP isn't looking good, we'll have to try for another one... like Mosport, Aug.30... not to be specific or anything.

doing mosport on the 30th, so I won't be at SMP on the 28th, probably Sept.7 would be the next one possibly

What's the top speed a 600cc (my R6) bike hit at Mosport? I would love to go but I don't want to have to change gearing or anything this year. Don't know what my top speed is yet, but at GB on the back straight I've got about 2k rpm left in 5th, so I've still got a little there plus 6th. I just don't want to be like Tim and be a pylon....lol

The 600s are only 2 something seconds a lap than the 1000s in csbk. Lots of 600s out there, it's a fun time. It's a completely different experience than any other track.

Heres an riddle, for the pylon comment, can anyone spot the trend?
bfeb760ee7786c01b1dcee4fa5552552.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I can't help noticing how you guys consistently skip over, or forget about Calabogie days. We'll be at Shannonville on Friday, possibly sitting around in the rain, then up at Calabogie for Sunday and Monday. There are still red and green spots open.

Well, Calabogie is a whole other level of investment for a track day.
$270 after taxes entry cost.
$25 first time at Pro6 track
$150ish gas for transport vehicle
No rain date reschedule
2 day commitment minimum.

Believe me, I'd love to go. The logistics and cost just make it extremely tough.
Not having a dedicated set of rims with rain tires makes it even harder.

Really hope SMP works out for you guys.
Such a great track.

I was actually planning to make it out this year, even had a baffle made up for the CBR... now we need to come up with a solution for the R1. She's just a wee bit loud. I don't really want to drive there and find out she fails sound test. This winter we'll come up with a solution.

What's the top speed a 600cc (my R6) bike hit at Mosport? I would love to go but I don't want to have to change gearing or anything this year. Don't know what my top speed is yet, but at GB on the back straight I've got about 2k rpm left in 5th, so I've still got a little there plus 6th. I just don't want to be like Tim and be a pylon....lol
On my six, i run stock front +two rear.

Well we got pretty lucky. Just having lunch and already have 150km on my bike. Slicks all day so far. Track is 98% dry at the moment. Open track with maybe 10 people riding.

I was looking at the radar this morning, you guys lucked out! Enjoy the day and keep it pretty.

Yep, super lucky. 234km total for the day. Pretty good for my first track day of the season.

*High five*, glad it worked out

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

For those interested in coming out to GBM on the 27th, your pass also includes free race admission after 2pm on Sunday along with overnight camping. We will also be having a movie and likely a campfire so bring out the marshmallows! :cool:

I rode Shannonville on Friday and Calabogie on Monday. I had a great time at both tracks!

Super happy you guys had some decent riding and weather! Mosport on the 30th then possibly SMP on the 7th

Weather permitting, I want to go to CTMP on the 30th. Riders Choice is running it so I'm assuming I have to sign up through their website? And I'm torn between Green or Yellow.... Who all is planning on coming?

Back
Top Bottom