Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 201 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Looks fine... when you're moving at 17 km/h nobody will notice the paint runs... hehehe.

I put my paint on with a roller.... remember, eyes on the prize Dave.

Started re-wrapping the RC8.
A chameleon metallic blue/purple, metallic pearl while and a metallic frosted orange wrap.
Looks kind of neat so far. Had to order more orange, and will see about popping by a local sign shop to collect some end cuts of white.
At least the bike will look good when being slowpoked around the track.

Hey, sorry nothing to really contribute here, but noticed you’re in Guelph as well! I just bought a new 2017 r3 as my first bike, looking for a good local dealer/shop to deal with though. Closest to me is twowheel Motorsports, any experience or suggestions?

A chameleon metallic blue/purple, metallic pearl while and a metallic frosted orange wrap.
Looks kind of neat so far. Had to order more orange, and will see about popping by a local sign shop to collect some end cuts of white.

Good stuff, I'm sure it'll turn out looking great. Where do you buy your wrap? I'm on the hunt for something that looks decent and isn't damn near impossible to install. Do you do a dry or wet install?

Ebay or Amazon. Cheapest options.
Dry install. Use a heat gun on low. Doing larger pieces alone is extremely difficult so I try to keep the pieces no larger than 12x16" or so.

Hey, sorry nothing to really contribute here, but noticed you’re in Guelph as well! I just bought a new 2017 r3 as my first bike, looking for a good local dealer/shop to deal with though. Closest to me is twowheel Motorsports, any experience or suggestions?
Welcome! There's another thread for hooking up for local rides, it's the Official Kitchener-Waterloo Somethingorother thread. There's a few of us in Guelph.
As for a good shop, I've got nothing but good things to say about Performance Cycle in Cambridge. That's where I take mine when it's more than just some maintenance.
Where's the pics!! And why didn't you go with John Deere green?? Hahahaha!!

Tim wouldn't be able to find his bike after the crash ;)

Still say we should use "bean field camo" on your bike. Never ever to be seen again.... hehehe..

Huh. What does that say about my bike? haha... Oh yeah, I only crash in huge mud puddles, that way I can find my bike. :p

I took advantage of the warm(er) weather this weekend and put the R6 back together. Before pics are top, after pics are bottom.
2558f998db54c491b15d5ecae1f89338.jpg
598926b218d2221017272426e274253f.jpg

I took advantage of the warm(er) weather this weekend and put the R6 back together. Before pics are top, after pics are bottom.
2558f998db54c491b15d5ecae1f89338.jpg
598926b218d2221017272426e274253f.jpg
Now if only you put that much efforts into your lap times......

Too soon?

J/k looks good bud!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Now if only you put that much efforts into your lap times......

Too soon?

J/k looks good bud!

I've only done 2 ******* track days!! It's just a matter of time before I leave the John Deere in the dust!!

sounds like the excuses are starting already...

I've only done 2 ****ing track days!! It's just a matter of time before I leave the John Deere in the dust!!

sounds like the excuses are starting already...
The last R6 had bad carbs so it stuttered at low revs when trying to accelerate, the clutch slipped after anything more aggressive than a granny-shift and the suspension was set up for someone 100lbs lighter than me!!
See? I've got all kinds of excuses lined up for last season! This coming season? Well, I don't have any yet....lol!

The last R6 had bad carbs so it stuttered at low revs when trying to accelerate, the clutch slipped after anything more aggressive than a granny-shift and the suspension was set up for someone 100lbs lighter than me!!
See? I've got all kinds of excuses lined up for last season! This coming season? Well, I don't have any yet....lol!
At least you were smart with the new paint job. I count at least 10hp worth of stickers on there.

At least you were smart with the new paint job. I count at least 10hp worth of stickers on there.

There's more on top of the tail section, so I figure I'm good for at least +15hp! Still nowhere near the power of your CBR or BigEvilDoer's lawnmower, but it's a start!

Back
Top Bottom