Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 197 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

If you go rattle can on fairings, get the 2 part clear coat for afterwards. I used 2 cans for an entire set. This stuff is super toxic, make sure you use the proper recommended respirator. I have one if you need to use it.

https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/MAX3680061

I didn't really build the room with ventilation in mind, so maybe I'll pass on that...lol
Besides, it's in the warehouse so I really don't want to make the entire building toxic. And ya, the MSDS sheets on that stuff sounded pretty serious....

I do it in the shed with the doors open. Not great, but its a pretty quick job and I have a fairly good respirator. Yeah, its harsh stuff, but the crappy clear coat is useless with oil, fuel, etc. on it. For all the sanding/prep work, I'd suggest it. Yeah, you'll need to give it a bit to air out though. 2 coats, then get a fan going.

I didn't really build the room with ventilation in mind, so maybe I'll pass on that...lol
Besides, it's in the warehouse so I really don't want to make the entire building toxic. And ya, the MSDS sheets on that stuff sounded pretty serious....

Does anyone have any experience with vinyl wrapping? I've done a few small things here and there but I'm thinking of trying it out on the track fairings. Easier to replace in a crash too...

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with vinyl wrapping? I've done a few small things here and there but I'm thinking of trying it out on the track fairings. Easier to replace in a crash too...
I have made a mess of vinyl wrap before and can help you do the same. Or get tim he is the wrap master

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think you mean he's the 'Rap Master'. He can lay down some pretty sick rhymes!

Katatonic's not quite super-sonic..
Mr. Bippy's not so tippy...
Needs to lean so he doesn't look like a tween!
Pretty soon he's gonna be knee-down
And not looking like a round clown!
He's not gonna pass a KTM-inem,
Unless it's in pit lane,
Reminiscing like Mark Twain

Hehehe...
Sorry.
It was terrible.
Yet, so fun!

Last edited:
slow clap for Tim!

I checked the paint guns today. A couple were broken and I couldn't get the other ones to work. That's not saying they don't work, just that I couldn't get them working. Keep in mind, I've never used one before so I really didn't know what I was doing....

I'll be at the shop late tomorrow working on the R6 fairings. Pizza, beer and bike parts. Gotta kill time in winter somehow, right?.....lol

So far I'm thinking a day at GBM, SMP and CTMP. Any other recommendations? Bogie is just too far for me so I'll have to build up the courage to make that trip maybe in 2019.

So far I'm thinking a day at GBM, SMP and CTMP. Any other recommendations? Bogie is just too far for me so I'll have to build up the courage to make that trip maybe in 2019.
I picked up a 3-pack at GBM and SMP. No plans to do CTMP or Calabogie yet, but depending on dates and who else is going, I could probably be arm-twisted into going....

CTMP big track? Speaking of courage....

CTMP big track? Speaking of courage....

Haha, yup! :D
Courage was the wrong word to use, it's more so the time and money associated with leaving the night before for bogie vs just driving there in the morning. CTMP will definitely be my last scheduled track day, I want to rack up as much experience before hitting it. From what I understand, it is not a good track for one to become separated from their machine...

Hmm, then maybe I'll pick up a 3 day pass for GBM after all...
How much did you pay for SMP?
I think it's $135 including tax and lunch for each day.
Haha, yup! :D
Courage was the wrong word to use, it's more so the time and money associated with leaving the night before for bogie vs just driving there in the morning. CTMP will definitely be my last scheduled track day, I want to rack up as much experience before hitting it. From what I understand, it is not a good track for one to become separated from their machine...
Is there a track that IS good for leaving your bike?....lol

Back
Top Bottom