Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 144 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

have a look to see if there is room still before showing up if you don't pre-register, if not interested in friday at TMP?

despite Dave's fascination with pre-trackday weather... have a look at the weather

I'll help you get off the fence, it's full :p Tuesday still has some spots last time I checked.

have a look to see if there is room still before showing up if you don't pre-register, if not interested in friday at TMP?

can't make Friday :(

i will get in contact with Pro6 to see whats up with monday

despite Dave's fascination with pre-trackday weather... have a look at the weather

Make no mistake, I watch the forecast, I just avoid taking about it. I'm not really superstitious though.

had a great day at mosport yesturday. Busy day, it was packed. Registration took forever which caused the riders meeting to run late. Didn't get on the track till 9:40 or so which was annoying, that could have been sped up. A couple smoking bikes during the day and was hosed down by an oil spray from one of them. Saw twice the debris flag pointed at me by 2 marshals in a row. Wasn't sure who it was for, but figure better be safe. Bike felt fine, but I pull over onto the grass, but can't find anything. Turns out they were pointing it at the guy behind me, but he stopped over the hill and I couldn't see him. Try to get the attention of the marshal of who it is, he was busy staring into space. A few laps lost, but what can you do. Right before lunch, come around T2 and see some smoke off in the distance. Figure someone was having a camp fire out back, then as you approach T3, you start to realize it's not outback. Someone highsided, ruptured the tank, and now there is a bike on fire on the track. Rider would be ok, but the bike was toast. Other than several 15 min delays to re-inflate the air fence (and having to go back to the pits and put the warmers on), the day went well. Only 6 x 15 min sessions though. We couldn't hear the PA in the pits and nothing on the FM, so it was a bit of a guessing game which was fantastically annoying. An air horn would have been nice. It was a learning day for me, but top of 6th coming over that crest on the backstraight on one wheel puts some hair on your chest. T2 takes a lot of trust in your line, scares you pretty good if you get it wrong, puts a smile on your face if you nail it just right.

Jealous, Randy.. jealous!!!

Anyone going to the GTAM day on Aug. 23?
Waffling between that one and the Racer5 VIP Aug. 30....

TMP this friday, then likely the racer5 VIP but too early yet to tell

Anyone going to the GTAM day on Aug. 23?
Waffling between that one and the Racer5 VIP Aug. 30....

Hoping to do the GTAM day on the 23 or the Grand Bend day the 24th if they are not full on the morning of. I won't pre register as I like to see the weather fist.

I'll be at the bend on the 24th

out this weekend. Maybe TMP next weekend (have to use up one more credit). The racer5 DDT looked interesting, but with the days starting to cool into sept and TMP's next dates mid sept, I need to start winding things down. GTAM usually puts on a good show, enjoy!

anyone going tomorrow from the K-W group?

reverse screaming alien

nothing like a left hand carousel to a straight!

Racer5 DDT day on Saturday for me.

looking at TMP sat or sun

TMP saturday, let me know if anyone else is going

Upper and tail fitted on D675 now...
Next up fitting the lower and she's pretty much ready to go!

Only 1 problem with the upper - the stock windscreen doesn't fit. It'll do for one day at the track though...
Just did some research - need the 06-08 screen...

Last edited:
Anyone need some Hydro-Turf for tank or seat grips?
I'm thinking about placing an order for a sheet or 2, depending on who wants some.
Sheets are 40" x 62", and cost $65 +$30 (3M peel and stick adhesive) + shipping and taxes.
We could get "B" stock, which will have slight surface imperfections like bubble holes etc for $40 per sheet as well.

Roland Riedmann (father of Kenny Riedmann - Canadian Supersport Champion and AMA Racer) uses this stuff on their seats and tanks. I've put some on my Daytona super bike tail, and it seems to be very nice and grippy.

Here's a link to what the stuff is like. Would get the monotone black, diamond pattern.

quite possible, I'll have to give your bike a ride and check it out

good day at TMP, green and yellow were full, they turned people away, red had about 10 riders. Bunch of dropped bikes, and 2 into the hay bales, but otherwise a good day. Hot and sunny, great traction. With the drags going on and a full roster on the road course, the pits were packed. Golf carts, kids bikes, cars, the place was a zoo, surprised no one got hurt.

how was the racer5 day?

Back
Top Bottom