rocket motorcycle shop in toronto reviews anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

rocket motorcycle shop in toronto reviews anyone?

kawasakimatt

If your looking for a good shop to service your bike this may be it!
Rocket Mortorcycle Toronto. Dont take my word for it just read...

Last edited:
Never heard of it.

I drive past there all the time, its a few min from my house, but I've never been there or reviews on it.

The guy who runs the place (Robbie Meiklejohn - spelling may be off) is a real character but he also knows his stuff. I haven't been there in years, but they were good back in the day.

What Brian said. I didnt know that Robbie was still operating. Ran into him at the bike show a couple years ago hadnt seen him in years,

Rob and Robbie are cool guys and have gone the extra mile more than once for several of my friends. I recommend them without hesitation.

I took my wifes bike there this year for installation on some tires. They were very laid back pleasant guys and the price was reasonable.

While they installed the tires they gave the bike a once over and asked to do some general cleanup/maintenance. They adjusted her clutch and trimmed a grip to prevent the throttle from sticking they also adjusted the idle all free of charge.

The reason I took it there in the first place was because when we first got the bike it seemed to have a flat spot in the midrange and they told me what it was likely and how to fix it. It's customer service like this that will keep me coming back.

Adrian

Old-school shop, old guys, very knowledgeable.
Bit like Rosey Toes (and actually, they go way back and are good friends).
I've been trying to get Robbie to go modern and computerize - but he's not interested.
At one point (seventies/eighties) Rocket was a happening place, The Shop to get high-performance work done, and race-prep (safety wiring etc.)
But time has been hard on Robbie and the shop. He needs some new glasses, and computers...
Great guy though, expert on everything, especially Kawasaki.

Didn't know these guys were still around. Back in the day, they were the 2 stroke gurus! Took my RDs there in the late 70s, early 80s. The fact that they are still around 30 years later is a testament to them and their shop.

Old-school shop, old guys, very knowledgeable.
Bit like Rosey Toes (and actually, they go way back and are good friends).
I've been trying to get Robbie to go modern and computerize - but he's not interested.
At one point (seventies/eighties) Rocket was a happening place, The Shop to get high-performance work done, and race-prep (safety wiring etc.)
But time has been hard on Robbie and the shop. He needs some new glasses, and computers...
Great guy though, expert on everything, especially Kawasaki.

Good point forgot to mention that they only take cash no debit/credit machine. Not a big deal just need to remember to hit up the bank machine before picking up your bike.

Sweet, that's pretty close to home!

Happy to learn about them :)

Didn't know they are still around, I have taken my RDLC there back in the 80s but they used Leitner to weld the crank and blue print the engine... Not sure if they do 2-strokes anymore, the RD needs a tune now :)

Didn't know they are still around, I have taken my RDLC there back in the 80s but they used Leitner to weld the crank and blue print the engine... Not sure if they do 2-strokes anymore, the RD needs a tune now :)

Been too long. Ride soon?

Not sure if they do 2-strokes anymore, the RD needs a tune...
Yes, they sure do.
Ron Lefevre and Mike Crompton (famous race engine builders) have both worked out of Rocket in the past...
Stevie Galbraith (ex-RD racer) hangs around there and has his absolutely mint, restored RD350 street bike - beautiful.
They also love their Yamaha 500cc 2-strokes, and Gammas too.
Hey I wonder how many of today's bikes will still be rolling in 30 years?
(Damn computerized black boxes and electronic everything... bah.)
Robbie loves to race his old bikes in VRRA, and he hates computers.
Unfortunately there will be nothing like Rocket for young riders in 30 years time...
And probably black boxes running the world, heheh.

I can remember back in the late 90s, early 2000s. Meeting Rob and Robbie, as a young Mechanic and Young Rider myself. Spending over an hour on the phone with Robbie discussing the restoration of my 1986 Yamaha RZ 350. A few hours later towing it over there in my dads Van.

Rob, spending years teaching me the tricks of the trade. A decade later, taking that same ethic into my business.

Hands down, two of the best guys I have ever met.

Daniel

Well its true! Anything good u hear about these guys is afact. I brought them a decrepit bike on Wednesday, a motor on Friday and she’srunning again by Tuesday. Monday was a holiday. Hands down the best two guys Ihave met in a long time. They know there ****, and don’t mind showing theaverage Joe (my self) whats wrong with their bike. Both Robbie and Rob took thetime to go over my bike and some of their own motorcycle history. What an awesomepair of fellow riders. There is no other shop for me as long as they arearound!

Back
Top Bottom