High beam all the time? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

High beam all the time?

When do you use High Beam?

• Total voters
I change mine in the middle of Winter and expel my Summer air and replace it with Winter air. Got a super deal from Florida for the start of the riding season.
No, no, no! Winter air has too much moisture. I use synthetic air T6 in the 18 L pail. But I have trouble keeping it from going stale once its opened.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

No, no, no! Winter air has too much moisture.

My sling psychrometer says otherwise.

No, no, no! Winter air has too much moisture. I use synthetic air T6 in the 18 L pail. But I have trouble keeping it from going stale once its opened.

Good to know, thank you. Where is the best shop to buy it? Oooohhhhh, one question I forgot to ask. If it has too much moisture, can I use that in my fish tank? I need to get rid of it.

Planet. While I see your point... I'm new to reading this thread and was surprised that some people consider a headlight low beam because of what's written on the switch. If it is improperly aimed it could be a high beam light. Someone reading through this thread in the future, still may find this helpful.

Cheers.

its not just the aim, the highbeam bulb although the same outputs a noticabley higher brightness of light...at least on my bike. If I had my highbeams on all the time other than blinding people that bulb would probably burn out twice as fast.

I change mine in the middle of Winter and expel my Summer air and replace it with Winter air. Got a super deal from Florida for the start of the riding season.

That's a good idea since winter air is much dryer and I beleive contains a bit less oxygen.

..Tom

So we're clear on this?
Low beam, if aimed a little high, is NOT high beam!
The two are engineered to project a completely different pattern of light.

So we're clear on this?
Low beam, if aimed a little high, is NOT high beam!
The two are engineered to project a completely different pattern of light.

someone knows wtf he's talking about...

someone knows wtf he's talking about...

I think somebody said, earlier, that high beams are just low beam aimed higher.....know what mean?

More and more cars appear to be adopting this tactic.

Though I understand why people would choose to put on their high beams at night blinding everyone, why the **** would you use your high beams "only during the day?".

Far too many. I'd say that at least 2 commuting days out of five I end up flipping my rear view mirror.
Unfortunately, I bought a new car, and the rear view doesn't flip. Not only that, but it doesn't auto dim, and when I took it into the dealer, they told me to adjust it to be more sensitive, when it was already on the highest setting. Why do some innovations have to be a step backwards?

Though I understand why people would choose to put on their high beams at night blinding everyone, why the **** would you use your high beams "only during the day?".

In the old days most bikes, like my 1969 Norton Commando, had very weak headlights. High beams then didn't seem to be anywhere near As bright a today's low beams. High beams in the daytime was not a bad idea
to help being seen.

I think a lot of the motorcycle training courses starts suffering that riders use highs in the daytime and I believe some still suggest that outdated and unsafe action to this day.

..Tom

In the old days most bikes, like my 1969 Norton Commando, had very weak headlights. High beams then didn't seem to be anywhere near As bright a today's low beams. High beams in the daytime was not a bad idea
to help being seen.

I think a lot of the motorcycle training courses starts suffering that riders use highs in the daytime and I believe some still suggest that outdated and unsafe action to this day.

..Tom

The day I picked up my 2nd bike from Kahuna Powersports, I overheard one of the sales guy telling a noob in his early 20s that just got his first bike, a zx6r, to always ride with his highbeams on to be seen... This was 3 years ago.

I never knew about what you explained about old bikes, though most, if not all, of the high beamers are driving/riding vehicles that were made latest 15 years ago.

Given that stats from the poll, 24% of riders/drivers use their high beams unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom