Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

How about just not deal with stolen bikes and parts and not put yourself in that position - then there is nothing to worry about.

Or are you saying that you DO have something to hide in this particular regard ...

Observation from an outsider looking in ... the stunting community has a bad reputation for dealing with stolen bikes and parts. You can either contribute to that reputation and therefore justify it ... or you can prove to the rest of the world that the bad reputation is wrong, by not dealing with stolen bikes and parts and PROVING that you are not.

See this is what ppl from the outside like yourself dont get about stunting.

When you are a stunter and you are blowing through motors, frames, tripples, swing arms, tires. Sometimes you dont have a choice of where the parts are coming from. We push ourself's and our bikes to the limit everytime we step onto the pegs. When you are a true passionate rider and you break parts all you want is to be riding asap once again so you get what you can get pal. I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.

Just sayin...

Last edited:
also, how do you know what is stolen and what is not stolen sold on these websites? can you run numbers on the parts i have for sale?

I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.

Just sayin...

0% "hot" parts on my track bike. 0% in my spare parts collection. How about you ...

0% "hot" parts on my track bike. 0% in my spare parts collection. How about you ...

I dunno BP....my rearsets and top tripple I bought off kijiji dont have vins on them...do you have some type of speacial nark tool to check them for me? Come tell me

Motorcycle theft is a problem. Ask anyone who has had their bike stolen.

You can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem.

Buying stolen parts creates a market for them and if you are doing that, it means you are part of the problem.

Fully recognize that there is not a VIN for everything.

A bag of receipts showing where EVERYthing was purchased from goes a long way to documenting your own due diligence. And I mean EVERYthing. If that means no cash deals, so be it. If that means passing up a too-good-to-be-true deal because the seller won't issue a proper receipt or accept credit-card payment (trackable ...) then so be it.

Buying stolen property (or deals so too-good-to-be-true that there's practically no chance that it is NOT stolen property) creates a market for stolen parts and that results in stolen bikes. How would you feel if YOUR bike is the next one to be stolen ...

When you are a stunter and you are blowing through motors, frames, tripples, swing arms, tires. Sometimes you dont have a choice of where the parts are coming from. We push ourself's and our bikes to the limit everytime we step onto the pegs. When you are a true passionate rider and you break parts all you want is to be riding asap once again so you get what you can get pal. I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.

Total cop-out. Sounds like an enabler.

Yes, people may get caught out every now and then with stolen parts, but to say "I love to ride, I love to push myself, but I am too cheap to do it the right way..." please, not good enough.

If you "get what you get", you may end up "getting what you got" and this include the deserved harassment for stolen parts.

Total cop-out. Sounds like an enabler.

Yes, people may get caught out every now and then with stolen parts, but to say "I love to ride, I love to push myself, but I am too cheap to do it the right way..." please, not good enough.

If you "get what you get", you may end up "getting what you got" and this include the deserved harassment for stolen parts.

What kinda stunt bike do you have? post a vid or pic.

What kinda stunt bike do you have? post a vid or pic.

Nadda, (well soon to have another motard that I may wheelie). But I have had 6 race bikes in 5 years, none of which had any stolen parts on them.

I don't know about you guys but everything I buy used from kijiji to cl I make sure I get a receipt for. Just last week I purchased some used dinner trays, things were like BRAND new $20 each . too good to be true so I made sure I got a receipt, you know in case the police come knocking on my door and want to know where I got them from lol.

I'm sure wagmar isn't trying to suggest that buying stolen parts are ok, but be realistic not everyone gets receipt for everything they buy used REGARDLESS if it's for a bike or not. I don't hold on to receipts of things I buys brand new, as I'm sure many others dont. Don't think I could find one receipt for anything from my bike to come think about it, and most stuff I buy new.

I'm sure wagmar isn't trying to suggest that buying stolen parts are ok, but be realistic not everyone gets receipt for everything they buy used REGARDLESS if it's for a bike or not. I don't hold on to receipts of things I buys brand new, as I'm sure many others dont. Don't think I could find one receipt for anything from my bike to come think about it, and most stuff I buy new.

He is basically saying that they are OK, if you are passionate and do not want the hassle of downtime cause bikes are expensive.

You can either:

A. Ask a few basic and directed questions and guage the responses to help formulate a decision as to wether things seem on the up and up. MOST times you can tell

B. Take everything at face value and help enable the stolen parts market.

C. Subconsciously know that the "too good to be true deal" is likely due to theft and take pride in the deal you just got yourself and add fire to the stolen parts market.

"A" for me.

I am not arguing with anyone here (just yet), I am just saying that there are many things we can do to minimize the stolen parts market.

Last edited:
Guys I dont know where you are going with this talking about not being able to tracking triple clamps and rear sets....If you read the original article there was 2 bikes, one with a ground off VIN, and the other with a ground off and re-stamped VIN, that was re-stamped with only 14 digits when VIN's have 17. Both had motors which had numbers that were reported stolen...And to top it off the police apparently inspected the bikes because they were in a trailer with faded stickers and also missing a VIN...

So it wasnt about having some small stolen parts, it was about having complete stolen bikes, with sketchy or missing VIN's and motors with stolen numbers.

They had a lawyer beat the charges due to a technicality, good for them that is was good lawyers do, and everyone is entitled to pay big money for good lawyers and use the system to their advantage. At the very least flags were raised, and they should not be doing that same kind of thing again...

Personally I have only bought motors from people I know, the last few Ive bought I buy off a member of this site that has a dealers lic and buys crashed bikes from auctions..So I know the motors and any other parts Ive bought from him are legit...

And if you own a motorcycle you should have an ownership for it, weather it be a clean title or irreparable ... I have personally Emailed Kawasaki Canada my ownership and VIN, and they Emailed me back within a half hour with a full detailed listing of the bike, model, color, manufacturing date, and also the motor number that belongs in that bike....So yes there is ways to check which motor belongs in which bike, in some states like FL I belive its even easier because the DMV records motorcycle enging numbers with the VIN on their system....This is also done in Jamaica when I shipped bikes there...If you buy a used motor you have to declare that to the DMV also...

And if you own a motorcycle you should have an ownership for it, weather it be a clean title or irreparable ...

At the very least (for an track type or race bike) a legit document trail that if questioned can show the history of the machine. Not everyone needs/wants a full on MTO Green Slip.

Original Title?
Import Docs?
Write-off papers?
etc...

JohnnyP you are doing it right. Along the same line of thought, my race bike has an ownership in my name, the VIN is on the frame and matches the paperwork, and the engine number matches the frame. Engine rebuild parts were bought new (from Envy Rides - oops). I bought the (aftermarket) bodywork new, I bought the rear shock used but I know who I bought it from (he probably doesn't even remember LOL). Rearsets and handlebars came from dad's machine shop. Exhaust system came from my welding shop and I bought the muffler new. There's a few bits that were bought from Ontario Cycle Salvage over the years. And on and on. No stolen parts.

If the only way you can afford to keep riding is by using stolen parts then you can't afford to do it. Period.

Dirt bikes generally crash better than street bikes, by the way. I know you folks use fiddies a lot ... pretty hard to really break those, and they're pretty cheap ...

Got to put my 2 cents in and that's the last you will hear from me...
If you guys want to take news clips as face value thats fine, be that ignorant. The cops saw tattooed stunt riders and decided to hassle.. what they didnt know was the team had an independent film maker filming the whole incident. The fact of the matter is cops can charge you with what ever they want, whenever they want..and im sure you cant argue with that. Just like in many cases the public see's guilty as soon as the news article is printed, no matter what the findings...
A friend of mine was sponsored to race by yamaha.. He had all the spares you could ever want for a bike. When his ride with them was over and he got a new bike he sold me some of the spares that he had for ridiculously cheap...and sold what he had left on the internet for the same prices. He didnt have any documentation for the parts he sold to me or the internet customers...i never actually saw anything in writing that showed he actually got these parts from yamaha.. Should i and the internet customers not have bought the parts because the price was "to good to be true" and he didnt give me a receipt? I am in no way advocating stolen property to make it clear. I would have never been able to build the race bike i have now without used parts...does this mean i shouldnt be riding??? BS!
i also dont argue that is easy to get all the information you need on a bike if you own it....the police do not have a way to check motor numbers other than getting the information directly from the manufacturer. If your a regular jo blow and try to get the information from a bike you dont own...HAVE FUN..

Last edited:
Should i and the internet customers not have bought the parts because the price was "to good to be true" and he didnt give me a receipt? I am in no way advocating stolen property to make it clear. I would have never been able to build the race bike i have now without used parts...does this mean i shouldnt be riding??? BS!

This is something that you would have to ask the right questions, and go on your gut feel. But I think most could determine a certain level of truth to a situation like this. I have bought lots of stuff like this, but I feel pretty confident that NONE of it was stolen.

I don't know about you guys but everything I buy used from kijiji to cl I make sure I get a receipt for. Just last week I purchased some used dinner trays, things were like BRAND new $20 each . too good to be true so I made sure I got a receipt, you know in case the police come knocking on my door and want to know where I got them from lol.

Finally someone that gets my drift....dam next time I snap my rearsets and buy off kijiji Im going to have to get proof of purchase or Im just going to get labeled and hasseled by these track boys in the stunt forum.

Thats funny about Walmart auto spell...

Back
Top Bottom