Suzuki of Newmarket | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki of Newmarket

Having read this thread I was a little skeptical when I went in there last week to check out their accessories section. Unfortunately every other shop is closed by the time I get off so I have to take advantage of places when i'm around one that is open. I went in looking for some footwear and was pleasantly surprised by their selection. Also I was greeted when I entered and told if I had any questions be sure to just ask. I had the CCR bring out a set of boots from the back then decided to purchase was given a discount without even asking. All in all a good experience in this department and would likely go back.

Nothing wrong with their accessories department. I had a pleasant experience too. Bought my bike there last November so they accessory guy took the time to give me a hand out for winterizing the bike and explaining everything to me.

My first service was $150 at Z1.

You got ripped off.

Wow,

Well I just bought a new Yamaha Raider S from Suzuki of Newmarket who also just opened up the Yamaha of Newmarket across the street. Found that out when signing the bill of Sale at the Suzuki Dealership. The salesman I was dealing with at Yamaha was fantastic and he even warned me that the service department at Suzuki did not have a great reputation, but being a newbie and close to home I tried it out had my first service done at 1000km and thought the price to change oil top up all fluids and check through entire bike to ensure everything is ok after 1000km cost me $289.00 plus tax costs more than to service a car, or is this normal people!! Hopefully they put the oil at the right level after reading the threads i better check......

OMG. Terrible experience with SON. I called inquiring about a V-Strom and I gave my credit card number for a deposit. Then the sales rep calls back saying he is adding $500 admin, I have to pick up the bike 2 months earlier. I say no thanks, he says ok I sold it to someone else anyway. My credit card is now charged $3000 and no one is trying to fix it.

AVOID Suzuki of Newmarket. WHAT a hassle!!!

2006 i bought a new Suzuki SV 1000S, like everybody else nothing but bad things happened to me, lies, cheating.
This time i bought from another Dealer, new bike (Ducati) and the experience was the diffence between chalk and cheese.
SON stories are all true, bunch of thieves.

OMG. Terrible experience with SON. I called inquiring about a V-Strom and I gave my credit card number for a deposit. Then the sales rep calls back saying he is adding $500 admin, I have to pick up the bike 2 months earlier. I say no thanks, he says ok I sold it to someone else anyway. My credit card is now charged $3000 and no one is trying to fix it.

Call your CC company and make sure they get the dealer to reverse the transaction...
Over the phone deposit, no bill of sale, no signed slip, your money is safe, no worries.

I am no fan of SON... but none of that even makes sense?? Did you buy a bike? PrePay?

You ordered, they took deposit, then they called back and said they were adding 500.... you said you wanted out and they won't let you? Did you ever go in?

I've went into their accessories department and had nothing short of a good experience.
I think the problem with SON lies with their service department.

Ditto that. The accessory guys are awesome... always have had a great experience with them.

I didn't go in to SON because I'm from Ottawa and they were selling the V-Stroms at a great price, until they turned around and added the admin fee. Anyway, nothing was signed; there is no agreement. I called and inquired about the price and said OK great. The sales rep asked for my credit card and I gave it for a deposit. The sales rep said he would fax me the bill of sale and credit card slip to sign and fax back. I never received any fax and the deal had fallen through because I didn't agree to the increased price. The next day I get a call from their accounting department telling me I purchased 2 bikes and how I would like to proceed to make payment. I'm like noooo, I purchased NOTHING! Now, 4 days later and MULTIPLE calls and emails passing me from buddy to buddy and still no reversal of the charges. I'm not worried about it at all, but I can't believe what kind of business these guys are running. I already talked to my credit card company and they said I have nothing to worry about. Thank God for Canada's consumer protection laws, otherwise, it would be anarchy. Just be aware of these guys, they are very sneaky; very very sneaky. I'm almost inclined to post the names of the sales reps, but I'm waiting to see if it gets fixed first. I'll give them some more time. Will call again today ;0 what a frustration.

Last edited:
I didn't go in to SON because I'm from Ottawa and they were selling the V-Stroms at a great price, until they turned around and added the admin fee. Anyway, nothing was signed; there is no agreement. I called and inquired about the price and said OK great. The sales rep asked for my credit card and I gave it for a deposit. The sales rep said he would fax me the bill of sale and credit card slip to sign and fax back. I never received any fax and the deal had fallen through because I didn't agree to the increased price. The next day I get a call from their accounting department telling me I purchased 2 bikes and how I would like to proceed to make payment. I'm like noooo, I purchased NOTHING! Now, 4 days later and MULTIPLE calls and emails passing me from buddy to buddy and still no reversal of the charges. I'm not worried about it at all, but I can't believe what kind of business these guys are running. I already talked to my credit card company and they said I have nothing to worry about. Thank God for Canada's consumer protection laws, otherwise, it would be anarchy. Just be aware of these guys, they are very sneaky; very very sneaky. I'm almost inclined to post the names of the sales reps, but I'm waiting to see if it gets fixed first. I'll give them some more time. Will call again today ;0 what a frustration.

That makes more sense. Spread the word, they deserve it.

SON are competeting with Premier Gym to see who can be the biggest thieves.
They both should be shut down.

Bump! I came here to actually write a positive review, but I am now terrified. I just purchased a new bike from them and will be picking it up Friday. I had no problems, and my experience with every one thus far has been great. After reading this thread though I am scared of what will happen when I get the bike. I dropped a fat stack of cash, and hope that the bike will be PDI'd correctly. What should I be looking for? As the first post states "rims backwards", oil level, loose chain, fluid spills....anything else to keep my eye out for? I hope everything turns out ok, because I have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Make sure all the fluids are at the correct levels, chain is adjusted correctly and nothing is loose (i.e. front brake caliper bolts only hand tight)

Mine came out perfectly, but I've know the service guy (Jason) since I was a kid, that may have helped...

Back
Top Bottom