Best Burger Joint? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

I switched from Apache to Magic Spot. You can get a decent Greek salad with your meal.

I switched from Apache to Magic Spot. You can get a decent Greek salad with your meal.

They just tend to burn their meat and the buns are often not all that fresh :(

Here's a list of the places I've tried lately.

Burger Priest (Coxwell & Queen) - By far the best joint in Toronto. It's like a combination of Shake Shack & In-and-Out burger from the States. Fries are garbage, but seriously, we're going for burgers, not fries! Also, before you go, do a search for the secret menu.

Big Smoke Burger (Yonge & Bloor) - Used to be really good. Not sure what went wrong with it these days, as they've been overseasoning & overcooking the burgers as of late. The fries are alright though.

Gourmet Burger Co (Charles & Yonge) - Went there once. Nice toppings, but you end up paying an arm & leg to load it up. Burger itself was nothing to write home about.

Dangerous Dan's (Broadview & Queen) - The burger looks good because it holds the toppings well. However, but burger itself was dry & bland.

Five Guys (Warden & Eglinton) - Pretty bland burger. Reminded me of a bigger Wendy's burger. Fries were pretty good though, since they cook them in peanut oil. Wouldn't bother going back.

W Burger Bar (Yonge & College) - A lot of variety on the menu here. The bison burger was pretty damn tasty. Also, the alcoholic milkshakes are amazing.

Johnny Burger (Vic Park & Sheppard) - Boring burger, boring fries. Never understood why there're so much hype about this place. In fact, it's made such a small impression on my memory that I barely remember going there.

Apache Burger, hands down, but it isn't as much of a riding destination since CWW closed down, and Parker Brothers moved.

Apache is terrible. They survive on reputation of years long past.

And Parker Brothers is still pretty much the same distance away as their old location... just down a different road.

Those guys haven't been any good in who knows how many years.. Pretty generic.. Hell even Lick's is better.

Royal Meats - Huge size (1lb), decent buns good meat but because they also contain pork, they have to be pretty well done.. Pretty kickass toppings (I love the kajmak-urnebes combo) (*)

Woody's - If you want a classical North American burger that's WELL made, that's the place to go. As their name hints, those burgers are grilled on wood fire and grilled to your specs, so if you want'em blued, they'll do them that way. My favourites: Alpine and Coronary. Boom ain't bad either. Fries aren't all that good and the gravy's meh.

kajmak = slightly fermented cream with salt, so it basically has the fat content of butter
urnebes salad = feta, sour cream, paprika, hot paprika and onions, ground into a paste.. theirs isn't very spicy though so I like to add crushed chillies

Some people get turned off by the pork in the burgers... Half my friends love this place and the other half hate it. My pick is always the grilled pork. Onion rings are terrible there.

If I want an actual burger, Woody's is hard to beat. And I agree about the fries... There was a poutine place down the street and I wanted to like it, but it's just so ghetto. Don't know if it's still there though.

The Big M in pickering has the best Hamburger,Steak on a Bun and Onion Rings I have ever had.
I used to live near Johnnys at Vic park and Sheppard and it was good back in the day but not so much now.
Drive out to Pickering and give The Big M a try ,I know you will be back.
Later
Bob

Yellow Griffin In Bloor west Village...... You can have Bison meat for your burger if youd like.....

And if you really want best of the best .. gotta travel to Chicago to Rock It Burger for KOBE beef burgers..... mmmmm

Golden Sun Grill

639 McCowan, Scarborough, ON, M1J1K2

Order the "Macedonian" burger. 8oz burger stuffed with bacon and cheese. Make's a baconator look like a kids meal.

WOODY'S

These guys are my favourite around this part of the area.

http://www.woodysburgers.com/

Just to reiterate the fact that you have to specify how you want your burger or it'll default to well-done (food regulations). 2 doors down 40th St. there's also a pretty good Empanada place (best non-homemade empanadas I've ever had and I've had'em all over Chile) and Burrito Boyz just down Lakeshore. All in all, a pretty bad neighborhood to be in if you're trying to lose weight :D

For the people who are giving JOHNNY'S so much praise - you really need to eat burgers elsewhere to see the light. Johnny's do not do good burgers.

And this is coming from a person who's been going to Johnny's since I was a kid in the 1980's. I like Johnny's more for the nostalgia and because its friggin cheap & fast. But, keep it real, the burgers are just generic cheapmeat frozen patties with lots of filler (you can tell in the texture of the patty). Thats why I tend to stick with Veal on a kaiser as it hasn't really changed since I was a kid.

If a Johnny's hamburger is the best burger you've ever had, then you don't know what a good burger is and you've never had one in your lifetime!

There's one in front of the MEC on King Street, I forget the name but they use all local and organic ingredients. And they don't botch it in the cooking.

Apache, Royal BBQ, Hero Burger...all good.

Woody's was pretty good. Went there when my bike was being serviced down the street.

Big M on Liverpool Road in Pickering is great! Burgers are very good but the Steak on a Kaiser is fantastic as well as the home made onion rings.

Homemade is the best especially at camp over an open fire or charcoal (blue cheese or cheddar with bbq'd bacon)

Since getting there is half the fun RF McDougall's in Wilmington NY, just outside of Lake Placid. The North Pole Campground office has coupons for this place if you are staying there on your next overnighter.

Back
Top Bottom