Best Burger Joint? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

One location

In Long Branch

Made in house. There are a few meat choices (beef, bison, turkey...)

Their cooking process includes FIREWOOD so its got that smoke taste without it overtaking the burger, making it less greasy but super flavourful.

Toppings galore...
they also have pulled pork and other sammiches.

Price is decent unlike the works or burger priest. Mouthgasm almost certain.
They're also right next to an empanada place which is a totally different story.

edit) oh and they also have craft/draft beer + patio + delicious mayo dip varieties for the fries

One location

In Long Branch

Made in house. There are a few meat choices (beef, bison, turkey...)

Their cooking process includes FIREWOOD so its got that smoke taste without it overtaking the burger, making it less greasy but super flavourful.

Toppings galore...
they also have pulled pork and other sammiches.

Price is decent unlike the works or burger priest. Mouthgasm almost certain.
They're also right next to an empanada place which is a totally different story.
Thanks ☺

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

No love for 5 guys?

Introduced myself to them in Montreal and then tried them in London.

Noticed some locations in Toronto.

I highly recommend. And just get small fries if ordering a combo. The portion size is outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO nothing special about the burgers and you could buy a burger with a pile of fries anywhere for the price of their combo.

I kinda like Carl's Jr. as far as greasy junk burgers go. It's like a bigger, slightly deadlier version of Burger King.

What? I've been to Carl's Jr on Queen W and as far as I can remember, it tastes the same as it does in the States.

I haven't been here. I went to one in Edmonton in March and it was far from great.

Hardy's (what Carl Jr's is known as in the southeastern US) tends to be rather good. It's unabashedly for the guy who wants a substantial burger and isn't counting calories. They're proud of the fact and use it in advertising. I don't know how the one in Toronto measures up to the burgers that I just have to get every time that I'm in The South, but I hope they're the same.

Stopped at Burger Revolution in Belleville on the way to the cottage last weekend and the service was great, the price very reasonable, and good onion rings. The burger itself was good on a nice bun but I personally prefer the Five Guys burger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tried the Mighty Angus yesterday. Not worth it. They are trying, but need to try harder.
Saw in the news that McDonald's shrunk their burgers.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I haven't been here. I went to one in Edmonton in March and it was far from great.

got to agree, I went to the one on Queen W and it was like everyone is brainwashed...

- Apache Burger on Dundas, Etobicoke....love the onion rings.
- Chuck's Burger Bar on Locke in Hamilton..great burger, if you order the lobster poutine make sure you tell them to heat up the lobster meat as well.
- Lick's Burger, various places in the GTA...
- Super Burger on Hwy 89 was good, haven't been there in ages
- The Works - great burgers, they are opening one up on Upper James in Hamilton so I am looking forward to trying it out.
- The Burger's Priest recently opened a location on Upper James. They have a secret menu which has some interesting choices.
- Sonny's on Queen and Kennedy in Brampton was also a favourite hang out but I haven't been there in ages.

Of course as others have already pointed out there's nothing like a homemade burger on the BBQ. My local Fortinos are more than happy to create mammoth patties for me which I place on the BBQ with the smoked cheddar and all the fixin's delicious!

Cheers...

I'm surprised you're the only one that has mentioned Chuck's.

Every other place listed in this thread is either one step above the Golden Arches (Hero Burger, Five Guys, etc), or used to be great over a decade ago, and is sadly barely mediocre now (looking at you, Woody's and Apache Burger).

Back
Top Bottom