Best Burger Joint? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

Yup,, also L A Franks on the river down town Galt (cambridge) .. and if your want to ride a few twisties.. like cheese factory Rd, or spragues rd... or the vistas on West River rd all leaving Galt... you can pass by http://www.half-waycafe.com/ ... I'd really recommend a Wednesday evening,, nice ride... nice views... stop at half-waycafe for a burger, or good deal on wings..

Went to the half way tonight, the burger was awesome. They had a huge crowd last night & didn't have any of their own fries left :(.

the place on the corner of kipling/n. queen. royal bbq or just the royal? really good burger, place is busy usually but good parking and the food is pretty good, looks to be all homemade

the place on the corner of kipling/n. queen. royal bbq or just the royal? really good burger, place is busy usually but good parking and the food is pretty good, looks to be all homemade

Royal Meats BBQ, it's a Serbian joint... not the 'traditional' hamburger but good in its own right. The guys who own it actually have a deli and meat shop at Cawthra and Bloor, that was their first gig and its where all the stuff comes from.

i wasnt sure if it was srbian or craotion? the budd i went with the first time a few years back told me who the owners were. the little chevpi's?(sp) are good too, they taste the same as the burger, same recipe just diff shape so im told. the buns are great, like to know where to buy just the buns they use. never remember to ask when im there, its been awhile though

You can buy the buns at their store at Cawthra/Bloor its called Royal Meats.

If you think those 'burgers' and cevapi are good, go to Mrakovic Deli (google it) and try theirs... Bosnian style, you'll be blown away. Get the cevapi with a bun and their domestic cream cheese. It's ridiculous. Im going tomorrow to pick up a few kilos raw to bbq at home. They're godly.

Anyone try PnL burger yet by Queen and Spadina? Contender in my books!
Tried 'em out today based on your say-so. Great burger! A little heavy on the sauce for my taste but could still enjoy it. 507 Queen W. for anybody interested.

Royal Meats BBQ, it's a Serbian joint... not the 'traditional' hamburger but good in its own right. The guys who own it actually have a deli and meat shop at Cawthra and Bloor, that was their first gig and its where all the stuff comes from.
Royal Meats is still THE standard for burgers in TO, if you ask me. I guess their patties aren't 100% beef but hey, whatever works.

I've been to the Royal Meats once. I found it disgusting and over priced. If your looking for a nice beefy burger that actually has the taste and texture of a burger, this is not the place for you. If you want a gelatinous mixture of various meats that will be charred to a crisp and slathered in a whacky sauce this might be for you.

I'm not crazy about it either... in my opinion they don't make it properly. It's too finely ground and over-seasoned. Same goes for their cevapi. Like I said earlier if you're interested in trying something more authentic in that flavour just go to Mrakovic Deli, they have a fast-food-esque restaurant at the back. There's no pork in their mix (I think they're muslim) so its all beef and lamb goodness, properly ground to retain texture and not at all over-seasoned.

http://www.mrakovic.com/index.html

Last edited:
You can buy the buns at their store at Cawthra/Bloor its called Royal Meats.

If you think those 'burgers' and cevapi are good, go to Mrakovic Deli (google it) and try theirs... Bosnian style, you'll be blown away. Get the cevapi with a bun and their domestic cream cheese. It's ridiculous. Im going tomorrow to pick up a few kilos raw to bbq at home. They're godly.

thanks, googled that place and will stop when out that wasy. surpised that starskys doesnt have those buns???

Starskys is polak. The buns are Balkan style.

Try some Burek too if you go to Mrakovic

Opened a new place near me called Stupid Burger, gonna try it soon. I'll let you guys know how it is.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I didn't see that anyone mentioned Master Steaks on Dixie in Mississauga. I stop there occasionally for a big, juicy burger and am in heaven every time. **** I'm hungry.

I didn't see that anyone mentioned Master Steaks on Dixie in Mississauga. I stop there occasionally for a big, juicy burger and am in heaven every time. **** I'm hungry.

I used to work a two minute walk from there and they were good, but I haven't been there in more than 20 years.

Dangerous Dan

Startoff with the mammoth burger...

Finish of with fried Icecream

/thread!

Ate there almost every Saturday after the bars when I was younger. Surprisingly, never had the burger.
Might have to make a trip. Like Rob, been about 20 years.

I tried Little Louie's in Cambridge .. and I have never had a hamburger that good!
I ordered a 5oz beef burger, on soft egg bun, toppings- lettuce, pineapple, tomato, an egg, with mayo ,, added my own salt and pepper... and selected frites to complete the order.. it cost $8.90
You gotta eat here ,
I was at Melville Cafe the next day and talked to a "Henning".. and she is stunned by the food at Little Louies as well!
If you read this link.. it will fill in the gaps..
http://tipsareincluded.blogspot.ca/2012/02/little-louies-burger-joint-and-soupery.html

I liked Bareburger a lot on bay and dundas. Organic burgers tasted a bit different, but really really good. Liked it more than burger's priest. Well worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom