Best Burger Joint? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

Prince

Banned
Best Burger Joint?

On the trail of the "Best Breakfast Joint" thread (great info), what's the best burger joint you've come across besides the chains?

Licks is a good chain with good bugers. Sams north at 404 & Stoufville side road in Stoufville is good "mom and pop shop" for burgers. Although if you want a good burger that will knock your socks off.... My Dad's burgers will give anyone's a run for their money. If you doubt me, I will more then happily arrange the meeting. Bring beer for bribary and you're swimming trunks for the pool. Not kidding.

Burger's Priest at Queen/Coxwell. Greasy as **** flat top burgers done right. Eat it right away!

Big Smoke Burger aka Craft Burger at King/Portland. The Craft Spicy (Dunno if the name's changed) is my burger of choice here. Good burgers, good rings.

COPA CABBANA in Niagara Falls, I swear, only restaurant that has no bad reviews. Soooo good, I recommend it to everybody. Theyre on TV every month winnning some awards...

+1 Famous Sams!

stockyards on st clair has one mean burger.

Green chili pimento burger seems to be my favourite. It has a home made big mac sauce on it but instead of relish they mix in smoked jalapenos!!!

Burger's Priest at Queen/Coxwell. Greasy as **** flat top burgers done right. Eat it right away!

Big Smoke Burger aka Craft Burger at King/Portland. The Craft Spicy (Dunno if the name's changed) is my burger of choice here. Good burgers, good rings.

+1 ^^ still called Spicy Burger... definitely my favourite

Eugenie Falls - home of Goop.

The Beaver River Grill, managed by Jim Halliday, features the “WOW Burger” made of 100% Grey/Bruce County Beef and a choice of 17 toppings on a freshly baked Brilliant sour dough bun! They offer weekly specials (including sweet potato fries), cheeseburger, banquet burger, veggie burger with fresh cut fries and gravy (veggie based) or GOOP (a Pickle Guy Product), chicken or steak on a bun with fried onions, a Kids Special, jumbo hot dog, sausage, chicken or steak and Caesar salad, poutine & onion rings. Arrive early and you can order a Breakfast Sandwich: fried egg, bacon & cheese on a (Brilliant fresh baked bun). Unique to the “Beaver River Grill” are the popular “Beaver Chips with the Works”. Beaver Chips are a thickly sliced potato chip made like a french fry and served with a topping of sour cream, salsa (a Pickle Guy product), bacon & chopped green onions or chives. Yummy! You won’t leave hungry!

http://www.mycollingwood.ca/Eugenia_Falls.asp

and it's a very nice ride to get there....

just came back from nyc. . .

i have come to a slightly different appreciation of what a good burger is.

dangerous dan's is not a good burger. it is a collection of toppings that are mounded on top of a pile of overcooked meat.

i must try burger's priest, because like in the states, they will apparently serve a burger that is rare/medium, pink in the middle with juices flowing out. you can still taste the meatiness like a rare steak. i like my steaks blue, blue-rare, so burgers that are cooked through and through are not the same for me.

yes, i know about the bacteria issues with ground meat, and what sorts of contaminants i'm exposing myself to (e-coli, bse/cjd), but damn, it is just not the same. imho, i'm here for the meat, not the sandwich.

+1 for Johnny's Hamburgers and Big Smoke Burger.

Down south in the states my favs by far are In-N-Out and Fuddruckers!

hmm they all sound good but you have to try out Dangerous Dans (Broadview & Queen) I usually go for the 1/4 pound burger wich is pretty big or you can man up and go for the gusto! That was my favorite lunch spot when i was working in the area!

leaf.gif
leaf.gif
Quadruple C
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake and a small poutine.
Only $ 24.45

http://www.dangerousdansdiner.com/

Second Dangerous Dan's, it's basically the best burger place in the world. It's right in Downtown TO though, so the ride's not much to speak of. Get the Kevorkian burger, it's unbeatable.

Johnny's is terrible.

Steer Inn on yonge street in richmond hill is a great place for burgers and a few other things as well, excellent onion rings!

Back
Top Bottom