Go Pro mounting?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Go Pro mounting??

AC

Site Supporter
Anyone here with a 05-06 636 where do you mount your camera? Or anyone else? I can't use the suction cup on top of the tank because there isn't a big enough flat spot near the front.

Don't want to put the stick on mounts somewhere they won't work.

I have some double sided adhesive tape.... I'll stick the mounts and move them around once in a while. The mounts will work anywhere (except deep inside on the front fender.... if it isn't far out enough, the forks will compress enough to knock it off).

for forward facing, i use a helmet mount. - the one that comes with it.

For rear facing I use a ram mount - its solid, and easy to remove, and all thats left on the bike when the camera is not mounted is the little 1" ball

bought this

https://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-motorcycle-handlebar-clamp-ram-b-367u.html
and put it to the exhaust hanger bracket on my zx6r which is on the passenger footpeg mount.

to attach to the gopro:
https://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-gopro-hero-adapter-with-b-ball-ram-hol-gopr.html

bought this to attach the 2
https://www.gpscity.ca/ram-mount-short-arm-b-socket-ram-b-201u-a.html

I used a sticky mount on the bottom of the windscreen and can mount the camera facing forward or facing me. Don't really get the cockpit view but still serves its purpose to record the scenery. The rest of the time I use the suction cup, luckily with the 03 ZX6R theres a good flat spot just in front of the gas cap that works pretty good. Also can use the suction cup on the tail:

[video=youtube;EvmBPSiY8cA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvmBPSiY8cA[/video]

what is the best mode to shoot in? did some test placement at lunch and have an idea of where I'm going to try it.

what is the best mode to shoot in? did some test placement at lunch and have an idea of where I'm going to try it.

I use 720 or wxga , depending how much video I need to record and wether or not I brought my extra battery. I never use 960 or 1080p

Too hard to edit, and my netbook or phone can't play them back without being chopy

Yeah I've found 720 to be the best compromise between space/quality. 720 @ 60FPS is pretty wicked if you have the software to slow it down that much but if not then your just using up the same amount of data if you were to go 1080. 720 @ 30FPS is plenty IMO.

I find the cockpit view with the cam mounted on the tank pretty annoying. Half the view is obstructed by instrumenation, handlebars, fairings, etc.

I had my front GoPro mount right above the ram air intake on my 10R, the rear was on the top of the tail at the very back and can face me or the rear.

I've mentioned this before but there is a roll bar mount available from Go Pro which clamps around a frame slider perfectly. So you can sling your camera fairly ow to the ground facing forwards or backwards. I got about 2 minutes of footage with this mount before my SD card died on me and it looked pretty good. Interesting to see the front suspension travelling in relation to my inputs. I'll be running it a lot more this coming weekend at 'bogie.

As with any "at risk" mounting position though, run the camera case empty for a session just to be sure there's no case/tarmac/motorcycle interface.

Had a great day yesterday at mosport. mounted it on the tank, tail facing forward, tail facing back and on front where the right mirror should be. watching the one of it mounted on the tail facing forward, my body position is wack..lol

Holy **** race gas is ****ing awesome, even mixed with pump gas...lol took another 3 1/2 seconds off my best time. :)

Had a great day yesterday at mosport. mounted it on the tank, tail facing forward, tail facing back and on front where the right mirror should be. watching the one of it mounted on the tail facing forward, my body position is wack..lol

Holy **** race gas is ****ing awesome, even mixed with pump gas...lol took another 3 1/2 seconds off my best time. :)

You are supposed to put the race gas in the tank not on a rag lol.

Look forward to seeing some vids Adam.

Does the 636 have the same mirror bolt spacing as the Ninja300 (2 M6 bolts spaced 47mm apart)? If so, you may be interested in a mirror mover/camera mount/blocking plate. These allow a camera to be positioned for an un-obstructed view of the front or a view of the rider which doesn't get in the way and lets you tuck over the tank if you need to. You can also use them as blocking plates if you remove the mirrors for track days.

dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg

Since this thread was in 2011 I am pretty sure he no longer needs to mount his camera, plus AC is retired :)

Back
Top Bottom