VOS Motors | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

VOS Motors

At VOS Motors you are able to buy one of 3 warranties for motorcycles.

Yamaha YPP Warranty

This is the best warranty available supplied by Yamaha for their motorcycles. It extends the original manufacturers warranty but this warranty can only be put on a bike that is still within manufacturers warranty.

Suzuki Warranty

Currently Suzuki has a promotion where they are giving a 5 year warranty on all their new bikes, and it has been around for a while so on most Suzuki product you don't have to buy an extended one.

Nationwide Warranty

This is available for used bikes that their warranty has expired. Their coverage is as follows:
Engine
Transmission
Drivetrain
Seals and Gaskets
0 Deductable
Max 2500 per claim (Available to upgrade to 3500 or 5k)
Applicable at any mechanic shop in Canada

And I know I will regret answering the other questions or comments but here I go:

Some of our inventory was sources from the US. We rarely get bikes from there anymore. Most of our used product comes from Trade ins across Ontario. We are a New Yamaha and Suzuki store. And Toronto's only Yamaha 5-Star dealer.

If you ask a salesperson to open the gas tank on any bike they would not have an issue.

If you would like to rev the engine of the bike you must let it warm up first. If that was a condition of you purchasing a motorcycle, I am sure they would not have an issue letting you rev it. We do have a LOT of customers who come in who just want to rev bikes with no intent of buying them.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope I didn't start a wildfire by answering questions.

Ride Safe.

Thanks for a thorough reply Milo.

I'll be stopping by your store this weekend.

Thanks for a thorough reply Milo.

I'll be stopping by your store this weekend.

We look forward to your visit. We are having a Yamaha ride event this weekend on Saturday from 10am-4pm. We are having Yamaha test rides. I do believe that most of the bikes are reserved but people do cancel last minute sometimes. We will also have a DJ playing, giveaways, free Burgers, Hot Dogs and refreshments. You are welcome to join, along with anyone else reading this thread. We hold these events 1-2 times a year as a way to thank our customers, and a way to invite new people to get to know our store. We will also have some vendors there in case you have any questions for them.

Yamaha Canada is coming to introduce some new bikes they have just come out with. With staff that can answer your questions right from the manufacturer.

Humber College is coming in case you want to get more information on their courses.

Dalton Timmons Insurance is coming, if you have any insurance questions.

Resurgence clothing is coming with some great motorcycle riding jeans with armour for added safety.

Ride Rich is coming with their amazing clothing line, and apparel.

Key max is coming with their on site lock assistance. If you need keys cut etc, they will be there to help.

All in all it should be a fun day. We hope to see you there.

I got my 09 sv650s from them, great guys they let me keep the bike there for a couple of days after I was suppose to pick it up so I can do the motorcycle safety course. My bike was 09 but was new with 0kms so was in excellent shape. I recommend them, and when I upgrade in a year or two, I plan on going back to them

Wow... This thread has been here for 5 years and missed this post and daesetti hasn't been here for a year, but I'll post for informational purposes...

If a 2 year old bike "brand new" with 0 kms, I'd be highly suspicious that the odometer was rolled back, or replaced.

Don't manufacturers also usually put some mileage on your bike during it's testing phases?

Last edited:
Wow... This thread has been here for 5 years and missed this post and daesetti hasn't been here for a year, but I'll post for informational purposes...

If a 2 year old bike "brand new" with 0 kms, I'd be highly suspicious that the odometer was rolled back, or replaced.

Don't manufacturers also usually put some mileage on your bike during it's testing phases?

Nope, bought my 2013 gsxr from Snow City in September 2013, 0 km on the odo. Bought my wife's 2014 cbr600rr from Barrie Honda in Jan 2016, 0 km on the odo.

If someone sells you something "new" you would expect it to be unused.

Cars are slightly different, they may have a few km's on them because of test drives or moving from one lot to another.

btw, I have no affiliation with VOS or any other dealership, I am merely commenting on Plau's post

Watch out if you trade a bike in. They usually say your steering head bearing is gone to knock 1500 off in your trade in. Happened to me and two of my friends.
PS our steering head bearings where fine.

I don't have a direct experience with VOS motors, however looking at my used vehicle package when I went to go register for my plate. My bike at some point, somewhere down the line, ended up with them. So count it as an indirect experience? I've put over 1,000+ kms on this bike so far, so good....

The company VOS motors themselves I can't really give feedback on since I haven't paid them a visit yet.

I once thought the same, like km's would be added from them having to move the bike from location to location as with cars. But my friend just bought his 2016 Kawasaki ZX6R from Ready Honda Powersports and it had 0 km's on it.

This is because bikes don't come pre-assembled. They get shipped in a box and the dealer has to assemble it, heard it from my friend and seen it first hand myself while strolling through a Suzuki dealership in the backroom to go pick up my old GSXR they fixed up for me.

Last edited:
I got a scoop from someone that VOS motors gets most of their stock from QC.

Buyer beware!
Lol. They get most of their stock from Yamaha and Suzuki Canada. That's what happens when you're an authorized dealer.
When the dollar was lower, they probably picked up some bikes in the States but who didn't?
They actually do sell alot of trade ins from customers.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I bought my 2016 FZ-09 from Vald at VOS. Very happy with them. They rushed my bike to have it ready for me. I called in on Wednesday to buy a bike, picked up the same Friday before the may long weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lol. They get most of their stock from Yamaha and Suzuki Canada. That's what happens when you're an authorized dealer.
When the dollar was lower, they probably picked up some bikes in the States but who didn't?
They actually do sell alot of trade ins from customers.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk
I meant their used bikes and I have it on very good authority. Just as I would never buy a quebec car, same goes for a quebec bike. Lots of shady happenings there.

Had a great experience with them picking up a 2015 Yamaha R3 (new). Walked in last Thursday (Aug 4) and reached an agreement on price. Zurab was our sales rep and set the expectation that it would be around 4-5 days by the time the recall work was completed ('15 R3s have a clutch plate & oil pump recall). This Monday Aug 8 we were notified first thing in the morning that bike would be available for pick up the following day by noon (Tuesday). As promised, bike was ready and we were out the door the next day.

Nope, bought my 2013 gsxr from Snow City in September 2013, 0 km on the odo. Bought my wife's 2014 cbr600rr from Barrie Honda in Jan 2016, 0 km on the odo.

If someone sells you something "new" you would expect it to be unused.

Cars are slightly different, they may have a few km's on them because of test drives or moving from one lot to another.

btw, I have no affiliation with VOS or any other dealership, I am merely commenting on Plau's post

I don't have a direct experience with VOS motors, however looking at my used vehicle package when I went to go register for my plate. My bike at some point, somewhere down the line, ended up with them. So count it as an indirect experience? I've put over 1,000+ kms on this bike so far, so good....

The company VOS motors themselves I can't really give feedback on since I haven't paid them a visit yet.

I once thought the same, like km's would be added from them having to move the bike from location to location as with cars. But my friend just bought his 2016 Kawasaki ZX6R from Ready Honda Powersports and it had 0 km's on it.

This is because bikes don't come pre-assembled. They get shipped in a box and the dealer has to assemble it, heard it from my friend and seen it first hand myself while strolling through a Suzuki dealership in the backroom to go pick up my old GSXR they fixed up for me.

True enough.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to my Odo when I bought my bike new either.

Confusing car facts with bike I suppose.

Had a great experience with them picking up a 2015 Yamaha R3 (new). Walked in last Thursday (Aug 4) and reached an agreement on price. Zurab was our sales rep and set the expectation that it would be around 4-5 days by the time the recall work was completed ('15 R3s have a clutch plate & oil pump recall). This Monday Aug 8 we were notified first thing in the morning that bike would be available for pick up the following day by noon (Tuesday). As promised, bike was ready and we were out the door the next day.
Are you living in the future?

via Tapatalk

****ing this guy and his time machine :p

On closer inspection, those dates are a week off.
9d4219f2dabe5b9b2ce61c2613908544.jpg

How do you get 0 km on a new bike upon delivery?
Part of the PDI fees is for the mechanic to ride the bike on the road to ensure everything works BEFORE you get it.

Are you telling me they uncrated it, filled it with gas, and gave you the keys?

Back
Top Bottom