VOS Motors | GTAMotorcycle.com

VOS Motors

Pedagogue

I popped by their showroom last week and there wasn't much left. I get the feeling they move a lot of bikes. I'd like to hear from people who purchased from them.
- quality of product
- deal you got and were they fair
- after purchase treatment any issues after you bought the bike
In a nutshell are these good guys to deal with and were you satisfied? It also seems like they only sell US bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A close friend of mine purchased an 08 R6 from them back in april... the bike was in stellar condition, and everything went well with the purchase. there was a smalll coolant leak as one hose wasnt tight 100%.. this issue was dealt with within a day, no questions asked at no charge... overall a very good experience... if i was in the market to buy, i would shop there for sure.

Slightly overcharged for the bike, but there a business so expect a mark up. Otherwise i haven't found too many issues. Dont always expect the bike to be in perfect condition but good condition is realistic. There good at picking out bikes in good condition.

Im replacing some parts with aftermarket parts so l really didnt really care about the problems l had with the bike l bought.

you gotta remember, all their bikes are US bikes... you have no idea where they have been. Bikes 08+ shouldn't have coolant leaks, failed sensors and such... (it just makes me paranoid, since i"m not too mechanically inclined).

I also realized US and Canadian bikes aren't identical. The US R6's have no immobilizer, so the key and ignition look different (look cheap) and there's no blinking LED light.. (lol, the little things) ... I have OCD, so I said no and bought a local R6 for cheaper.

I got my bike with them, 08 cbr600rr. I had no experience with bikes, so no idea what to look for. Bike had minor damage, at first glance. Once I got it home, I realized it had a lot of damage. The muffler was poorly re-welded at the connection of exhaust pipe and muffler, had to get it welded again. Back fenders were all cracked underneath, lights are all hanging off, rad bracket is broken, rear brake is bent, tires should never passed safety, they fixed some fender damage and over spray was on the tank, oil wasn't changed, fluids where dirty...list goes on.

The "car facts" sheet they gave me said the bike was never damaged, but several mechanics have told me with certainty that the bike has been down several times, probably rear ended. The bike was highly over priced considering all the damage and any mechanic would have told them about all this damage. I was naive, next time I won't be.

They were very nice, and the experience there was cool. My advice would be to look over the bike very well.

I will probably upgrade next year and am just seeking opinions/reviews about different dealers. When I was there last week there wasn't much left but what I saw wasn't too stellar. I guess they already sold the pristine bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got my 09 sv650s from them, great guys they let me keep the bike there for a couple of days after I was suppose to pick it up so I can do the motorcycle safety course. My bike was 09 but was new with 0kms so was in excellent shape. I recommend them, and when I upgrade in a year or two, I plan on going back to them

Bought last two bikes from VOS ... no issues whatsoever. Used one was in immaculate condition, I traded back a year and a half later and I've got 2016 FZ-07. I had no problems dealing with VOS guys, based on my experience two thumbs up.

Thanks for the info guys.

Seems like people who bought new bikes from them are all happy and those who bought used are not exactly recommending them lol Hope to hear some more reviews as i might be heading there to take a look at their showroom soon.

Did anyone here purchase the extended warranty from them?
i wanna know if they honour it if something goes wrong or is it not worth the money?

In most cases Extended Warranties are not worth it from any source. Unless you get the 1 lemon, but that's a gamble.

might depend who supplies the warranty. Manufacturer of aftermarket? Usually the aftermarket ones are more "finicky"....

might depend who supplies the warranty. Manufacturer of aftermarket? Usually the aftermarket ones are more "finicky"....

Yeah im thinking at VOS it would be aftermarket warranties.

I dont mind paying for it as long as they actually pay up it your bike goes boom.

At VOS Motors you are able to buy one of 3 warranties for motorcycles.

Yamaha YPP Warranty

This is the best warranty available supplied by Yamaha for their motorcycles. It extends the original manufacturers warranty but this warranty can only be put on a bike that is still within manufacturers warranty.

Suzuki Warranty

Currently Suzuki has a promotion where they are giving a 5 year warranty on all their new bikes, and it has been around for a while so on most Suzuki product you don't have to buy an extended one.

Nationwide Warranty

This is available for used bikes that their warranty has expired. Their coverage is as follows:
Engine
Transmission
Drivetrain
Seals and Gaskets
0 Deductable
Max 2500 per claim (Available to upgrade to 3500 or 5k)
Applicable at any mechanic shop in Canada

And I know I will regret answering the other questions or comments but here I go:

Some of our inventory was sources from the US. We rarely get bikes from there anymore. Most of our used product comes from Trade ins across Ontario. We are a New Yamaha and Suzuki store. And Toronto's only Yamaha 5-Star dealer.

If you ask a salesperson to open the gas tank on any bike they would not have an issue.

If you would like to rev the engine of the bike you must let it warm up first. If that was a condition of you purchasing a motorcycle, I am sure they would not have an issue letting you rev it. We do have a LOT of customers who come in who just want to rev bikes with no intent of buying them.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope I didn't start a wildfire by answering questions.

Ride Safe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom