Sunnybrook hospital parking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunnybrook hospital parking

Hey,

I go to Sunnybrook every week. If youre familiar with the area, I normally park in the Gwing parking lot. You'll see a scooter there that parks everyday. Just squeeze through the side gate and you'll be fine. There's also a ZX6R that parks by the carwash entrance. Before the construction on the side to the back by the ER and Dwing, there used be tons of bikes that park there.

good luck!

PS, if you havnt yet, check out the trail that leads down the back to Sunnybrook park. You can squeeze through the small bridge at the bottom for more lil twisties =D

Perhaps I'll see ya there!

Thanks! man. I sent you a pm.
Hey,

I go to Sunnybrook every week. If youre familiar with the area, I normally park in the Gwing parking lot. You'll see a scooter there that parks everyday. Just squeeze through the side gate and you'll be fine. There's also a ZX6R that parks by the carwash entrance. Before the construction on the side to the back by the ER and Dwing, there used be tons of bikes that park there.

good luck!

PS, if you havnt yet, check out the trail that leads down the back to Sunnybrook park. You can squeeze through the small bridge at the bottom for more lil twisties =D

Perhaps I'll see ya there!

there is a motorcycle parking area in the pay & display outside SCIL (keep going on the road past the ER entrance and it'll be on your left) I've asked security and they "overlook" not buying a ticket.

there is a motorcycle parking area in the pay & display outside SCIL (keep going on the road past the ER entrance and it'll be on your left) I've asked security and they "overlook" not buying a ticket.

I'll have to try this spot.... I've been given warnings a few times last year, always taped to the windscreen and once just to my tank, I was never taking up a spot so to me they lost no revenue!

Last time there with the bike the machine wouldn't spit a ticket out so I went around the barrier because there were cars waiting behind me, parked and took off all my gear, by this time a maintenance guy came and was handing out tickets but he wouldn't give me one unless I took the bike out of the lot and entered again, thought it was kind of weird.

What lot were you in when you were given warnings?
I'll have to try this spot.... I've been given warnings a few times last year, always taped to the windscreen and once just to my tank, I was never taking up a spot so to me they lost no revenue!

Last time there with the bike the machine wouldn't spit a ticket out so I went around the barrier because there were cars waiting behind me, parked and took off all my gear, by this time a maintenance guy came and was handing out tickets but he wouldn't give me one unless I took the bike out of the lot and entered again, thought it was kind of weird.

I work at Sunnybrook and the two spots mentioned are the correct ones. Some park on the sidewalk by the bike racks outside S wing too. Anyway, you need to notify the Parking Services office with your name and plate number, so they know not to ticket you. Usually they associate this with your employee ID. Not sure how it works for visitors, but I think technically, you're supposed to buy a ticket in that case. Us employees only get a special exemption because they took away the motorcycle parking area in front of S wing due to construction. Once that construction finishes next year, we should be able to park there again.

I work at Sunnybrook and the two spots mentioned are the correct ones. Some park on the sidewalk by the bike racks outside S wing too. Anyway, you need to notify the Parking Services office with your name and plate number, so they know not to ticket you. Usually they associate this with your employee ID. Not sure how it works for visitors, but I think technically, you're supposed to buy a ticket in that case. Us employees only get a special exemption because they took away the motorcycle parking area in front of S wing due to construction. Once that construction finishes next year, we should be able to park there again.

Thanks! I sent you a pm.

If you visit the Sunnybrook Centre for Independent Living (SCIL), the last wing of Sunnybrook, there is a paid parking kiosk on the extreme east (back) side of the building. It is marked with yellow stripes on the pavement. It is near the ambulance car wash. Enter SCIL from the employee entrance through the rear door (actually the basement) just steps away from your bike, turn right, past laundry services and take one flight of stairs up to the main floor.

I used to park there daily and without issue. In fact various employees have approached me to tell me not to pay for parking. I recall a dark red Yamaha touring bike that used to park their as well. It may have belonged to one of the ambulance guys,

What lot were you in when you were given warnings?

The warnings came from M wing garage and some from west of L wing.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the M wing warning was a little funny too... I parked inside the garage near the bicycle area. I had no idea where I could park so going around the campus I noticed a bunch of scooters in with the bicycles and thought it was cool. I didn't want to leave it somewhere so close to so many sharp metal handlebars so I squeezed under the garages I-beams, leaving literally an inch of clearance around the bike. Threw it up on the centre stand and was so proud how contained inside the structure I had it. Came back out to find the warning on the bike and the ticket-person wrote something like "this space is designated for cars to drive"... Holy crap there must be some small cars around there!

So I went to sunnybrook and rode around to see some of these spots. In the process my clutch cable broke (see my related thread). I didn't see anywhere I would be comfortable leaving my bike as a lot of the places mentioned seemed to be pay lots, staff permit lots, or areas with no parking/tow away signs. Or did I just miss the spots completely? I did find I could get in and out of the covered staff lot across from the main entrance easily going beside the gate but I don't want to cause any trouble. I want to be legit.

If you don't mind the walk, go down to SB park and park in lot down there by the dog park! But if you're inside the enclosed gates in any of the lots, sb security really won't give a flying f...

If you don't mind the walk, go down to SB park and park in lot down there by the dog park! But if you're inside the enclosed gates in any of the lots, sb security really won't give a flying f...
Don't they look for permits in the cars? Or know the license plates of who has a permit or not? Cameras would see me going in and out, no?

Don't they look for permits in the cars? Or know the license plates of who has a permit or not? Cameras would see me going in and out, no?

Dude, seriously, park where I indicated on that picture. You'll be fine. Once you get your employee badge, let them know what's up, and they'll take your info down. You'll be ok.

So I went to sunnybrook and rode around to see some of these spots...I didn't see anywhere I would be comfortable leaving my bike as a lot of the places mentioned seemed to be pay lots, staff permit lots, or areas with no parking/tow away signs. Or did I just miss the spots completely? I did find I could get in and out of the covered staff lot across from the main entrance easily going beside the gate but I don't want to cause any trouble. I want to be legit.

Go to the parking office and ask about motorcycle parking. When I did a couple of years ago I was told there is no specific motorcycle parking, and it will be $85/month, exactly the same as a car. Bikes do not get tickets if parked out of the way. You have some experienced riders here who actually park at Sunnybrook without any issues. Try parking beside their bikes and see how it goes. I would not sneak by the gate into the covered paid parking though.

The parking office can issue a city of TO ticket if you park in any garage or lot without having your plate registered. Although, I see bikes parked in MG where the bicycle racks are, mostly scooters. Scatter bike at the end of either said sides.
The Blue CBR guy or the Monster Energy drink guy around here?

I know this is a few years old, but has anything changed? Would it be a bad idea to leave a bike there overnight?

Thanks!
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is motorcycle specific parking in the south side in one of the lots. I forgot which one but if you ride back there and look you will see it.

Back
Top Bottom