Seller screwed me over - New bike wont rev past 9000RPM | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seller screwed me over - New bike wont rev past 9000RPM

ThrottleThrow

EDIT: so to clarify the problem a bit, i have a ZZR600 (2006) it stutters once you give it a little more then gradual throttle. usually around 8,9 k. its a violent stutter and shakes the bike quite a bit.

I checked the airfilter - brandnew k&n, looks to be properly oiled although not totaly saturated

checked the idle screw

ram air hoses

there was a small connector to the right of the carbs that was not connected when i took the tank off, i plugged it back in but saw no change in engine performance ill try and find a pic

im going to change the gas and put in seafoam see if that helps at all.

seller said
K&n filter, dynojet stage 1 and yosh bolt on all done at the same time by a mechanic.

drained the carbs, fuel seems clean no debris

Last edited:
That sounds so odd.

Right now, my only suggestion is to make sure you ask on some zzr600 or zx6r forums.....

Ted may think it's a fuel injected bike - he generally doesn't like working on them.

I would check out everything between the carbs and the gas tank - the petcock, fuel pump, and filter. Sounds to me like you might have a problem there.

If it's "won't go past the limiter" at 9K rpm, then the problem isn't the jet kit. If it was, you'd never see the limiter. I'm with mikcbr on that one.

hey guys I literally just bought a 06 zzr600, as soon as i get on the highway and try and go above 8000 rpm i notice a serious problem. the dick wont answer my phone calls, so i figure im SOL. it ran fine at his house and i followed him in a cage and it didnt sound bad at all. but it guess it was ****ed. hes texting me and says i just need a adjustment if i want to "rip it above 200km" sounds like a load of ******** to meit has a yosh pipe and a dyno jet kit, 14000kmit will not rev past 9000RPM, in any gear. bike just jerks as it wont go past the limiter clutch in, still wont rev past 9000RPM just bounces off the limiter.i called rosey toes he said may be the dyno jet kit, but he says bring it to kawasaki, since when does rosey toes not do jet kits. im really freaking out here that i made a bad purchase. i cant afford to put more dough in this (aboslutley no way in hell i will bring it to a dealer for this problem). please please someone give me a hand.
Can you post a video of the tach bouncing of the 9000 rpm limiter in neutral?

hey took it out for a few longer rides and clarified the problem a bit, ill take a video of the bike no problem but i dont think its what i orginally thought if i pull super gradual throttle it climbs okay, but as soon as i give it even a little more then gradual throttle it stutters, around 6-9k

When my Ninja 250 did that, it was because the diaphragm in the carbs were pinched and eventually ripped. If it wasnt put back together properly it could be caused by that.

If you are experiencing stutter on slamming the throttle at 6-8K it could be the diaphragm as Wheeliboy suggested or it could be with the needle position.. The mid range is where the transition from needle to main jet is taking place, hence it could also be clogged main jets. Clean the carbs out and make sure all the jets (main and pilot) are clean and clear, also check the float heights when you have the carbs apart as its important.

You almost definitely have a fuelling problem. Are you competent enough to sort that out? It could be many things and you probably need someone with some experience to guide you through it. At worst, take it to Pro6 and let them sort it out. It will cost you money but at least it will be done properly.

My thought is that whoever installed the jetting kit, didn't do it right. Just because it was done by a "mechanic" doesn't mean the mechanic in question knows about jetting.

The ram air system on a lot of carbureted Kawasakis is finicky and they are often best left stock, unless you really know what you are doing. Check everything related to ram air, including the hoses leading to the float bowl vents.

My thought is that whoever installed the jetting kit, didn't do it right. Just because it was done by a "mechanic" doesn't mean the mechanic in question knows about jetting.

The ram air system on a lot of carbureted Kawasakis is finicky and they are often best left stock, unless you really know what you are doing. Check everything related to ram air, including the hoses leading to the float bowl vents.

im pretty sure the ram air is fine, i checked all the hoses unless there are smaller ones i am missing or something.

i drained the carbs and the fuel is clean, but i guess buildup could not showup in the float bowls

im not able to bring it to the mechanic, got major school bills that are being taken care of right now, so i need to do the work my self, i usually work with a buddy who is pretty knowledgeable and i got the service manual how hard could it be.

I was thinking what i need to do is remove the dynojet kit and follow the guide on the website to the tee, puting it back in properly

how much are replacement diaphram for the carbs, should i pick some up in advance, im going to be doing the work friday, saturday, and the bike is my only wheels right now so prob a good thing to have all the parts i need or may potential need. are there any adjustments i can fiddle with before i take the carbs off? or is it most likley going to be diaphragm or improper jet kit installation

Last edited:
If you're short on cash to fix it, you might want to take it to a more technical track where you don't need to go 200 kph, or just ride street where you never do, until you can do the fix.

I cant get anywhere near 200km, even just riding regular on the street if i go to pass a car, give it a little throttle it will buck and stutter violently, no acceleration just stuttering like crazy at 8000rpm, if i use super gradual throttle and short shift alot i can keep it from stuttering but as soon as i crack the throttle even a tiny little bit it will stutter from 7-10k. its frightining to ride on the street i feel like its gonna buck me off.

Sounds like the jet kit is not set up properly. I am thinking too much fuel too fast...
Give the carbs a proper cleaning, check the main jets for correct size and check the float level. Some jet kits require a specific size hole drilled in the carb slider.

Open them up and have a look!

Sounds like the jet kit is not set up properly. I am thinking too much fuel too fast...Give the carbs a proper cleaning, check the main jets for correct size and check the float level. Some jet kits require a specific size hole drilled in the carb slider.Open them up and have a look!
Talking to kneedragger he seems to think its running to lean, I'm going to try annd ride it with the choke on see if that fixes the problem if it does its to lean right. Then I assume I will need to rejet everything. I don't have much carb experience I hope this is a job I can take on my self

Back
Top Bottom