HID group buy - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HID group buy

Banned

Re: HID group buy

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1000RR View Post
    and out of everyone who posted this in this thread lets have a show of hands of who has a projector.

*cricket *cricket
    I do I do! Got a pair of em

-Jamie M.

The installation of projectors scares me lol.

and out of everyone who posted this in this thread lets have a show of hands of who has a projector.

*cricket *cricket

Raises hand
    2005 R6: Oct 2012 - Present

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcycleGuy View Post
    The installation of projectors scares me lol.
    The bkmoto guy can do it for ya (ship him your headlights), and now he even sells brand new headlights with the projectors already installed

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    The bkmoto guy can do it for ya (ship him your headlights), and now he even sells brand new headlights with the projectors already installed

-Jamie M.
    That's an option too. I would have to wait until next winter though. Still something to think about.

I see this madness is still going on years later.

Why are you guys encouraging a modification that blinds other drivers and creates a dangerous situation for EVERYONE on the road?
    Because they either don't know, don't care, or both. Or, they want to join the Inconsiderate Narcissists club.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuryfluous View Post
    HID's only create a dangerous situation when they are in an improper housing. If they are in a projector there is nothing wrong with running HID's, and they do improve visibility at night. Luckily my bike came with projectors so it was a no brainer for me. I do agree that if you are planning on going the HID route you should get a projector installed in the housing so that you aren't blinding everyone you drive by. There are even sites out there where you can buy what you need to retrofit a projector, or send them your headlights and they will install it for you. http://www.bkmoto.com/ comes to mind
    The only proper light for HID lamps is one that was designed for them. If your projector wasn't designed for HID's then it won't work. You might think it's working, but it's not. There are no motorcycles with OEM HID's available in Canada. HID headlamps require auto leveling and cleaners. This means that those aftermarket projectors are also illegal (besides the colours being illegal).

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Only bad thing about projectors on bikes is when you lean into a corner the cut-off works against you and pretty much makes it a blind corner.
    Watch the blind spot in the corner at around the 33sec mark in this video
    This video demonstrates the problem. HID lamps generate in the neighbourhood of 3 ~ 4 times the lumens per watt of tungsten halogen lamps. This means your head light needs to deal with 3 times the amount of light. In the video we can see that this set-up is doing a very poor job dealing with all the light; the near ground is grossly over lit. The camera is compensating for all the light to the point we can see nothing beyond the cut-off. Even though there is also 3 times the light above the cut-off we can't see anything. Our eyes compensate in the same fashion. People who have HIDs think they're seeing more because they see so much in the near ground, but their vision is actually impaired for distance.
    In city driving you might not notice as much if there is good street lighting. In the country it becomes very dangerous. In the country while it's raining you will only see a few feet in front of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    The most blinding cars on the road are the ones with stck HIDs. Acuras are the worst. Improperly aimed headlights are second, with or without HID.
    This is not Acura's fault. Acuras have shipped with projectors for many years now, but only the last few years with HIDs. They are different systems. The lights you are complaining about have no doubt had HIDs installed in lights designed for halogen bulbs.

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding about projector headlights; it's true that most (virtually all) HID headlights are projectors, it is not true however that all projectors are designed for HIDs.

If you get a chance sometime, compare a tungsten halogen bulb to a HID burner; The light kernels are of a different shape, a different size, often in a different orientation and a different colour. A lot more science and engineering goes into your headlights than sticking in an illegal non-standard counterfeit HID lamp and expecting it to work.

HID group buy

Stock brand new acuras, bmw, audi... etc do it too. Auto leveling is a reactive system. First it blinds you for a split second then it moves down. Even then it's still blinding.

I get it, being loaded allows you to skip lines, check in faster, kill people... blind people and be a snob when others can do it for $35.

Stock brand new acuras, bmw, audi... etc do it too. Auto leveling is a reactive system. First it blinds you for a split second then it moves down. Even then it's still blinding.

I get it, being loaded allows you to skip lines, check in faster, kill people... blind people and be a snob when others can do it for $35.
    you just don't get it.

here let me help you understand a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Dohhh View Post

below image summarizes it quite well lol

Heres your ddm you guys get so excited about

Even trucks arent exempt from this retard thinking thats going on

I could keep posting but i think you guys get the idea
    one more hahah this ones too good

oh what the hell, heres a video on this mental retardation that is sweeping the country

http://youtu.be/NMddE1TiSWM

In my opinion this level of stupidity should be met with a hammer, rock, or whatever is near by

And to clarify for the moderators im not calling anyone in particular stupid, just the modification that people are performing. No need for an infraction
    Last edited by Paul1000RR; 02-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.

HID group buy

Wow you found a few examples of shitty installs on the internet. Congrats. You can find a shitty example of anything out there.

"Few" examples?

Have you been on the roads in toronto?

Not only motorcycles run these "sick HIDS yo", so do the cars. And its usally 15 year old civics lol

When you are completely blinded and almost crash as a result of these sick setups i think its fair to say its not a "few"

Banned

Ohhhh I like the green

If only I had a ninja...

-Jamie M.

Ohhhh I like the green

If only I had a ninja...

-Jamie M.
    Look at that light distribution! Never mind other vehicles on the road this mother ****** is blinding airplanes!

Look at that light distribution! Never mind other vehicles on the road this mother ****** is blinding airplanes!

haha yeah that one is really bad
    2005 R6: Oct 2012 - Present

Banned

I've seen a light distribution pattern that looked exactly like that, if you install projectors upside down! Don't ask me how I know

-Jamie M.

I've seen a light distribution pattern that looked exactly like that, if you install projectors upside down! Don't ask me how I know

-Jamie M.
    i rest my case lol

HID group buy

Remove the cut off shield. Get the best of both worlds...

Wow you found a few examples of shitty installs on the internet. Congrats. You can find a shitty example of anything out there.
    Sadly 95% of the examples on the road are horrible ones. HID's belong in a projection housing only. Anything else spreads the beam and is a hazard. As said above, rock, hammer, with any luck a tree.... anything to fix those idiots driving down the road with blinding set ups.