how many times have u dropped it before u became a wheelie pro? | GTAMotorcycle.com

how many times have u dropped it before u became a wheelie pro?

cant speak for everyone but if someone is serious about stunting and has been doing it long enough to be a "wheelie pro".they have probably dropped there bike more times than they can put a number on. every drop ranges from just a slow speed fall over to a hard slam. for myself i drop my bike usually everytime i ride at least once. If your not crashing your not pushing yourself..

all depends on the person...
I had a 16 year old that had showed up on my ride once...he was new to sportbikes....the bike was brand new...
he could wheelie for 7KLMs down the QEW.....year one

after 2 years he had mastered wheelchair wheelies as well as most other wheelies and stoppies.....
after 4 years he sold his bike that looked good....no big damage what so ever.....just scratches all over the bike from his boots...haha
ROCKETJOHNNY never crashed....

It all depends on how much you want to push yourself.
I could never do wheelies on a pedal bike but on my F4i I can do them, I took it super slow learning and have came down hard a couple times but knock on wood haven't dropped it yet.

It all depends on how much you want to push yourself.
I could never do wheelies on a pedal bike but on my F4i I can do them, I took it super slow learning and have came down hard a couple times but knock on wood haven't dropped it yet.

Tips?

1. Start small
2. Don't get over confident.
3. Clutch-up not power wheelie, More control.
4. Find a place by yourself with no cars or obstacles, If your learning with buddies your more inclined to try to keep up with them therefore pushing you out of your comfort zone.
5. Don't push your riding ability.

1. Start small
2. Don't get over confident.
3. Clutch-up not power wheelie, More control.
4. Find a place by yourself with no cars or obstacles, If your learning with buddies your more inclined to try to keep up with them therefore pushing you out of your comfort zone.
5. Don't push your riding ability.

Tips on #3?

Tips on #3?

Ride in first gear and I put my middle finger on the clutch and all one motion pop the clutch in and accelerate then release the clutch.
It takes a little to get use to it kicking as the first couple times it feels like its going to rip your arms off.
Just keep giving it more gas each time till it comes up to where you want it.

Tips on #3?
#3 can go either way ...... depends on the bike. 600/1000??? I wouldn't suggest clutching a 1000 in first gear to begin with (your windscreen will hit you in the face. lol) ...... second gear if you need too, but throttle and body position are good enough. I find the easiest on either is abrupt roll-off on the throttle to load up the front end, then roll back on and tug and let the forks help push up the front end while sitting toward the back of your seat.

Last edited:
#3 can go either way ...... depends on the bike. 600/1000??? I wouldn't suggest clutching a 1000 in first gear to begin with (your windscreen will hit you in the face. lol) ...... second if you need to but throttle and body position are good enough. I find the easiest on either is abrupt roll-off on the throttle to load up the front end, then roll back on and tug and let the forks help push up the front end while sitting toward the back of your seat.

Please stop the bucking

#3 can go either way ...... depends on the bike. 600/1000??? I wouldn't suggest clutching a 1000 in first gear to begin with (your windscreen will hit you in the face. lol) ...... second if you need to but throttle and body position are good enough. I find the easiest on either is abrupt roll-off on the throttle to load up the front end, then roll back on and tug and let the forks help push up the front end while sitting toward the back of your seat.

It's not 1995, no need for loading the front!
Why even bother chiming in if you really don't know?
The title says "Wheelie Pro" and BNA already answered...

I'm still chickening out everytime I try to wheelie. It feels like the bike will 12 o'clock on me/ rip out of my hands.

I guess I'll eventually overcome the fear with some practice.

cant speak for everyone but if someone is serious about stunting and has been doing it long enough to be a "wheelie pro".they have probably dropped there bike more times than they can put a number on. every drop ranges from just a slow speed fall over to a hard slam. for myself i drop my bike usually everytime i ride at least once. If your not crashing your not pushing yourself..

I drop my bike each time I ride as well. Thats why we have cages! You aint droppin, you aint pushin.

I'm still chickening out everytime I try to wheelie. It feels like the bike will 12 o'clock on me/ rip out of my hands.

I guess I'll eventually overcome the fear with some practice.

I was the exact same way! The first time I got my wheel off the ground, it felt like I was at 12 O'clock already. Until I looked at the footage later at night and realised I only had gotten an inch or two off the ground LOL! Keep practising and go slow, watch youtube videos and see how they do it. I would also disagree about stunting by yourself, though you guys defiantly make interesting points but I wished I had a fellow rider to stunt with when I was first learning them. I tried wheeling my 2 stroke in first gear....yeah HUGE no no and I 12 O'clocked it.

Went out to a stunt sash with another buddy who's also like me trying to learn a good wheelie. Both 600cc bikes.
We are not really interested in power wheelies but after clutch ups. We poped a couple good ones but they were short, as we didn't ride them long enough. Yeah we are both chickening out still but it's getting better.
Do any of you use rear left foot peg to do your wheelie? From what I've seen on youtube learning videos it gives you better balance.

Been riding for 7 years still have only done a wheelie twice and almost **** my pants.

Went out to a stunt sash with another buddy who's also like me trying to learn a good wheelie. Both 600cc bikes.
We are not really interested in power wheelies but after clutch ups. We poped a couple good ones but they were short, as we didn't ride them long enough. Yeah we are both chickening out still but it's getting better.
Do any of you use rear left foot peg to do your wheelie? From what I've seen on youtube learning videos it gives you better balance.

My comfort level is just sitdowns right now, if you guys are already popping them high enough to get to worry about the balance point than damn.. Just keep popping them and you'll slowly get more comfortable with the bike coming up and feeling that balance point- even sitting down.

My comfort level is just sitdowns right now, if you guys are already popping them high enough to get to worry about the balance point than damn.. Just keep popping them and you'll slowly get more comfortable with the bike coming up and feeling that balance point- even sitting down.

Most def not at that comfortable point yet. I would even ride up somewhere to meet people to give me proper tips.

Back
Top Bottom