Does anyone here snowboard??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone here snowboard???

i spend a lot of time at holiday valley in elicottville, ny. weeknights there's virtually no lineup, and the pick-a-night passes are super super cheap. (pay for themselves in like 4 nights)

3 hours to wax a board??? that makes no sense. I like to take my time, and its never been anywhere near 3 hours. not even when im pouring epoxy into half of it hahaha.

Yea man, sometimes I wait 24 hours before scraping the wax off! The longer you allow the wax to settle, the better it is for the base ;) I usually wait 3 hours before scraping!

Just bought my board last year and went out on it like 5-6 times max....didnt wax it at all...how often should it be waxed ????

Jenn

Just bought my board last year and went out on it like 5-6 times max....didnt wax it at all...how often should it be waxed ????

Jenn
I would say it depends on how hard you ride. I used to do slalom racing, so I'd do it every time before a race. And then maybe every 2 or 3 times at the hill. Also depends on the snow, if it's icy, it's probably need to waxed more often. Now I don't know this for sure, so don't hold me to it, just kinda makes sense for me

What I would do to be on a snowboard today.

Very smart actually, perhaps you should learn how to spell or speak. Or better yet if you dont have anything useful to add why bother posting...

r u dum? there are thousands of member on this forum...there must be a poop ton of snowboarder.

Love to snowboard!!! If you ever want someone to ride with or some informal lessons dont be afraid to shoot me a pm!!!

love snowboarding, it makes the normally unbearable ontario winters enjoyable...i wanna do ski patrol this year either at mslm or blue, and definitely a few trips to the west coast are in store for this coming snowboard season for sure.

Agree exactly why I took it up!

Jenn

love snowboarding, it makes the normally unbearable ontario winters enjoyable...i wanna do ski patrol this year either at mslm or blue, and definitely a few trips to the west coast are in store for this coming snowboard season for sure.

I would say it depends on how hard you ride. I used to do slalom racing, so I'd do it every time before a race. And then maybe every 2 or 3 times at the hill. Also depends on the snow, if it's icy, it's probably need to waxed more often. Now I don't know this for sure, so don't hold me to it, just kinda makes sense for me

Well said!

It's harder to see on a white based board, but the board really "dries out" (turns white) It's not good to let it get too dry.

Also, it's a good idea to wax a brand new board before you ride it(can of worms being opened) because the wax the factory puts on is mostly for shipping purposes.

Going to Jackson Hole this year..anybody been there and have any tips?

I'm planning on heading for a snowboard trip to BC this winter and I usually do Jay Peak once or twice a year as well (love it there).

Was a snowboard instructor for 6 years at glen eden up until last season. 5x7 at blue is the way to go if you can make it out there. Glen Edens 5x7 is cheap, hills small but if your into park riding they keep making it better and for me atleast its really close to home so good to ride for a hour or two. Buy as early as you can for the best deal.

i board...looking to get a season pass this year...which hills would be best?

Back
Top Bottom