Does anyone here snowboard??? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone here snowboard???

So looks like Blue opening this Friday. Anyone heading up there? I was going to but all of my 3 snowboarding buddies bailed.

Me and a few friends are going up on Saturday morning. I think there is a special this weekend.

It was $19.99 for a pass on Friday I think. I have 5x7 however. Probably best deal around if one doesn't mind evenings only on weekends. They offered it with a 3 day pass for Tremblant, earlier this year for extra 100 bucks.
I have never been anywhere else aside from Blue and Tremblant once. This will be my third season.

Last edited:
been to holiday valley a couple times already.

wish i had the money/time/lack of kids to get to vt or the west
Whats good about vermont is cottages are relatively cheap for what you get (say compared to ontario). Whats bad is, if you aren't riding, your partner/kid(s), there arent a lot of interesting attractions for them in their area.

Which is why tremblant (which is closer) is easier to deal with, and in terms of distances, Quebec city would also be a good option since they have decent mountains within, say, a 20-minute drive from downtown quebec.

Whats good about vermont is cottages are relatively cheap for what you get (say compared to ontario). Whats bad is, if you aren't riding, your partner/kid(s), there arent a lot of interesting attractions for them in their area.

Which is why tremblant (which is closer) is easier to deal with, and in terms of distances, Quebec city would also be a good option since they have decent mountains within, say, a 20-minute drive from downtown quebec.
I stay in Magog with family. Montreal isn't far away if you've got a spouse/kids and Jay, VT is 45min away as is Breaumont (both of which have something for the spouse). You can hit Orford/Owl's Head in 5min for first tracks.

Fixed. After you've been out east it's all just blah here. Going to get some snow in pq/vt over the holidays. Can't wait.

Fixed. Been to Whistler. What a crock. What's the point of all that elevation, when only half of it is skiable?
Plus, my 217s barely fit into the cargo container at the time. That was a wild ride on the bus to the resort.

Also, I unfortunately learned on Eastern powder. Will probably head to Calabogie, or Mt Ste Marie, soon.
Tremblent was bought out by the Whistler people, so it's too expensive and crowded now, even if it's as close as Blue is to the GTA.

Alberta's nice, but it's so far to go.

Eastern townships are nice, we used to go to Sutton all the time for some glade skiing.

Back
Top Bottom