Corsa Meccanica - New shop near Dufferin and Steeles in Vaughan | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corsa Meccanica - New shop near Dufferin and Steeles in Vaughan

croco

I just discovered a new motorcycle shop, Corsa Meccanica. http://www.corsameccanica.com/

The short review is they are very polite, have very good prices, are willing to accommodate you within reason and they do great work. They are also willing to go the extra mile to order parts from the quickest sources, so your bike does not have to be sidelined for a month or two after a spill.

And here is the long review. Personally I only had to do a chain adjustment. I've done it many many times before, but since I got a new bike, I did not have the right socket and decided not to mess around with adjustable wrenches. I know they work, since I once took the wheel off an older Triumph Daytona single sided swingarm with a plumber wrench and crow bar (you try and find a 46mm socket at 1am in the middle of Eastern Europe to change a worn out tire to continue the journey). But since it's a brand new bike, and I actually care about it, I decided to call around to see who can do it on short notice. Totally my fault, because I decided at the last moment to go on a 1k km bike trip tomorrow.

So I called all the usual suspects around me, and at best I could have my chain done late tomorrow. Now a chain adjustment takes 15 minutes IF you have the right socket. So I was a bit disappointed that nobody could help me out, except Corsa Meccanica. I called them up, and an hour later everything was done.

My neighbour also took his his Monster to them after a low side. Pretty much everything on the left side and front end had to be replaced due to road rash and broken rear sets, levers, exhaust, dented front wheel, etc. They sourced all the parts within 2 weeks, and he'll get his bike back looking like new in a couple of days.

I can't vouch for their engine work because I have not seen anything engine related done by them, but at least for regular maintenance they are a great alternative if you live in the area.

Last edited:
Ive known George for 7 years, I can say he knows what he is doing when it comes to Engine work.Ive watched him rebuild a few for Yamaha Racing Teams, ive seen Aprilia and Ducati engines torn down and fixed and started right the first time including my own. I dont know about the mechanics working there, but I do know they are Factory Trained. but with George in charge he knpws how to tell people how to fix it. And he has all the special Aprilia tools I need.

Thanks for the addition scooterguy, it's good to know we have another good bike shop in the North end.

As for my chain adjustment, I did 854km the day after I posted the review and everything was perfect. Not that I took their word for it, I checked it out myself before leaving but it was spot on. They even took the time to clean my rear wheel. :D

So guys, just getting the word out. Corsa Mecannica is a go.

Thanks for the addition scooterguy, it's good to know we have another good bike shop in the North end.

As for my chain adjustment, I did 854km the day after I posted the review and everything was perfect. Not that I took their word for it, I checked it out myself before leaving but it was spot on. They even took the time to clean my rear wheel. :D

So guys, just getting the word out. Corsa Mecannica is a go.

I went there yesterday for the first time to demo the Tuono V4R. I never met George as he was away but i met the 2 mechanics, Carlo and Glen and also Sam who works the front desk. All i can say is that they were very friendly and Carlo gave a thorough overview of the Tuono controls before letting me loose. I got a very good vibe from the place and will definately be back....As for the demo, it was a blast and I will definately being going back there to purchase one in the near future. :D

Ive known George for 7 years, I can say he knows what he is doing when it comes to Engine work.Ive watched him rebuild a few for Yamaha Racing Teams, ive seen Aprilia and Ducati engines torn down and fixed and started right the first time including my own. I dont know about the mechanics working there, but I do know they are Factory Trained. but with George in charge he knpws how to tell people how to fix it. And he has all the special Aprilia tools I need.

Only thing is George is not working on bikes
I have never seen him touch one
Only sell them

Nice shop. I popped in there once and they ordered a front stand for me. I enjoyed oggling all the Aprilias

Corsas is a good shop. George is a very passionate and honest guy, tells it like it is. I have serviced my monster there many times and he offered the best price for my termi kit compared to others, including the US.
He is very knowledgeable when it comes to bikes but its too bad he doesn't work on them himself anymore.
His mechanic Carlo is also good and helped me out spur of the moment for an issue I had with a rubber mount on my headlight. I showed up 15 minutes after I called and they helped me out at no charge, and it was very busy in there.
Shows good customer service.
Will continue to go there, and hopefully one day upgrade the Duc to an Ape :)

Last edited:
I'll be there tomorrow with my Tuono. I've had good experiences with Corsa so far and am sourcing my new RSV4 from there as well.

Another vote for George being fair and a nice guy (and having a lot of beautiful bikes in his showroom).

Dealt with George when I had an RSV. He's always treated me fairly and got the job done. Stands by his work.

Just left Carlo. He's got some ideas about improving the Tuono that the Aprilia engineers were telling him about. ..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

This place is really close to me. For the people that have been there, do they also sell apparel? Alpinestars, etc?

It would be great to have a competitive place close by.

Thanks!

They do sell a few things, but that's not their focus. They have some really cool Aprilia gear, though... I'm going to con George into some cheap prices when I go to pick up the RSV4. ;)

They do sell a few things, but that's not their focus. They have some really cool Aprilia gear, though... I'm going to con George into some cheap prices when I go to pick up the RSV4. ;)

You getting one of the ones coming in next week?

He has alot more gear in there than he used to have. Nice aprilia gear and more agv helmets

Cool I'm waiting to see the 2013 and compare to the 2012 they have.. Told them to let me know when they come in

Depends on what you want. The 2013 has a number of improvements and (sorry to George) it's the same price as he wanted for the 2012. I think the 2012 will be a little bit quicker at steering but the 2013 will be the better track bike (and has an ABS option). The added horsepower is more or less insubstantial.

2013 improvements:

4hp more due to reduction in engine friction
Brembo M430 brakes (same calipers as on new MV, Panigale and 848, et al)
Lowered seat height
Slightly lower engine positioning in the frame
Slightly lower swingarm pivot height
ABS feature available
Improved traction control system (updates available for '11 and '12 bikes)
Larger fuel tank with better ergonomics

Technical highlights video:

[video=youtube;Iz2oD6ZyQsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2oD6ZyQsI[/video]

Back
Top Bottom