Sportbike Riders: Would you ever switch to a Cruiser? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbike Riders: Would you ever switch to a Cruiser?

Would you buy a cruiser?

• Yes, I would replace my sport bike.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Yes, but only as a second bike.

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • NO

Votes: 60 44.4%

• Total voters

derek03

Long journeys on the highway? Space to carry luggage for a road trip? Relaxed riding position? Am I the only one?

If yes, what cruiser would you get?

If you're thinking about voting Option 2, please consider the realistic implications of owning 2 bikes - purchase price, maintenance, insurance, and storage.

Last edited:
If the type of riding I do calls for it, sure. Probably never a full-out classic cruiser though. A touring bike, sure.

Why not, I love my speed demon, but a cruiser would be fun too....really f'in loud one. Ball bouncing loud.

Diaval with hard luggage...or sport touring of some sort, mabie even a dual sport. Cruisers feel too weird.

I might get a touring rig like a wing or a big beemer but probably not a cruiser, too damn uncomfortable and weird to drive.

I might have to a couple years from now... I slipped and fell at work on my back (never been the same since) Riding more than an hour starts to take its toll.

Not sure how I could give up the 600SS power though.

Not sure how I could give up the 600SS power though.

:lol: most decent "cruisers" with big motors will make you forget the 600SS in 3 minutes. 600s are so high strung it's like riding a sewing machine until you rev the crap out of the motor.

V-ROD, V-MAX, Diavel... all the "sport" cruisers would absolutely blow your nuts away if all you're used to is a pesky 600.

Why would I want a frame made from crushed Model Ts, an engine originally designed as a Pre-Soviet Russian water pump; mated to a gearbox from a Massey Fergusson and a suspension stolen from a kid's Spring Horse?

:lol: most decent "cruisers" with big motors will make you forget the 600SS in 3 minutes. 600s are so high strung it's like riding a sewing machine until you rev the crap out of the motor.

V-ROD, V-MAX, Diavel... all the "sport" cruisers would absolutely blow your nuts away if all you're used to is a pesky 600.

ROFL at the sewing machine... I wouldn't consider the 600 "pesky" but your right... You do have to rev it high (which I don't really mind)

Not so much a cruiser as something for longer distance.

I would get one as a third bike. Something like...

47028_990_AdventureR_01.jpg

or...

BMW_R1200GS_ADV3.jpg

Not quite ready for an armchair on wheels. Great for long distance touring and all but not my style yet. I suppose there will be a day when I would want a huge touring bike. Something like....

2011-BMW-K-1600-GTL-02.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but only because i dont like tippy toeing on an SS.

This is what i'll get if i had the choice:
HD_VRSCDX_Night_Rod_Special_2010_11_1280x800.jpg

Long journeys on the highway? Space to carry luggage for a road trip? Relaxed riding position? Am I the only one?

If yes, what cruiser would you get?

If you're thinking about voting Option 2, please consider the realistic implications of owning 2 bikes - purchase price, maintenance, insurance, and storage.

You dont need a cruiser to enjoy all the above. A good Sport Touring bike will get the job done.

hell yeassss!!!!!!
2011 yamaha stryker
stryker_1280wide_2.jpg

For my 50th birthday in a couple years, I'm going to get something a bit more age appropriate:
cbr1000rr-repsol-big.jpg

honda fury
hondafury-thumb.jpg

I tried one for a season. A VN2000. Nice bike but the sheer weight of the thing (pushing it around) was retarded (800 lbs and a kickstand that let it lean about 40 degrees). Great engine (did wheelies off the throttle with a passengers weight allowing the rear tire to hook up instead of spin).

BUT......The lack of cornering clearance drove me insane. It just wasn't me. Now an 1800 Wing might be something I would enjoy?

Back
Top Bottom