Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten

Re: Highway 9 again...

just saw the global news segment on her...very sad. RIP.

Just saw this on the TV, terrible news.
I met Liz but sadly didn't know her well, this will most certainly be a blow to the motorcycle community and this forum.
My sincere condolences to her family and friends.
Anything I can do to help with a memorial ride or anything of that sort count me in.

RIP Liz.

Pls post up details for her Memorial when available.

Global spot...
[video]http://www.globaltoronto.com/video/index.html?releasePID=zuuo8Aau_SFzGBHin_WsjiDbcycF 7rO0[/video]

Last edited:
RIP Liz, certainly a loss not just for all us riders, but for all she surely touched.

Just tears.Rest in peace friend. :(
dsc2769o.jpg

Remarkable picture.. I remember that day clear as day light... RIP... Condolences to all family and friends. Words can not describe the feeling when someone great is lost.

Rest in Peace Liz...I was hoping to go ridding sometimes next year with you :(

Only met briefly, obviously a special person.
Rest in peace

I met her a few times at meets, she was always so amazing to me.

What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.

RIP Liz

RIP Liz, May the Heavens Find You Bright Sunny Days, and endless winding roads. A tragic loss.

Just thought that I would share a picture from the ride. Liz is in the lead.

P6122312.JPG
Great pic Rob, thanks for sharing. She died doing what she loved. I hope I go the same way.

*group hugs* RIP Liz.

-Jamie M.

remembering you, Liz.
n503603280_1680387_7048786.jpg

This is the saddest thing I've come across in ages, and I hope her family and friends will be able to eventually cope. It's weird that although I didn't know her, the community here is so tight, and I went to Learning Curves too, so the connection is still so close and I feel so sad for her family, and our community. Someone who's so obviously a good person deserves to be riding happily up there.

The segment last night on Global was nice too and it was so good to put a name and some context to her situation. And from all the replies here, it looks like she definitely deserved to be set apart from many other riders.

Rest in Peace Liz.

RIP Liz
I had the honor of meeting and chatting with you that day, such a sweet lady.

Funeral details are up: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154903984580391

For those without facebook:

We are meeting here to head to the funeral home:

Time: 12:30pm
Where: 5243 Steeles Ave. W (parking lot of Kahuna Powersports)

THE OFFICIAL PROCESSION WILL BE AFTER THE FUNERAL AS WE FOLLOW LIZ FROM THE FUNERAL HOME TO THE CEMETERY

Please ride in a respectful manner (no speeding, revving of engines, stunting, etc.).When you arrive, park in designated parking spots and leave your helmets and gear with your motorcycle. There is a parking lot attendant to ensure the safety of your belongings.

We are accepting monetary donations for the funeral costs as well as for her favourite charity, WROAR/Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape.

For those that are unable to attend, there will be a memorial at a future date.

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
~Liz Metcalfe's Funeral~

Thursday, June 16 · 1:30pm - 2:30pm

*Benjamin's Park Memorial Chapel*
2401 Steeles Ave. West
Toronto, ON

Liz's Ride Procession from Chapel to Cemetery

Back
Top Bottom