Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten

turbodish

Banned
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...collision-110612/20110612/?hub=TorontoNewHome
ctvtoronto.ca
Date: Sunday Jun. 12, 2011 6:39 PM ET

Highway 9 is closed between Showa Road and Leonard Road after a multi-vehicle collision occurred on Sunday night.

Officials said one person died and six others were injured after several motorcycles and cars collided.

One person was rushed to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre by an air ambulance and others were taken to Southlake Regional Hospital.
600_highway9_110612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Highway 9 again...

very saddened to hear this ... :-(

R.I.P.

Last edited:

So sad. RIP to the unfortunate and I wish all others a speedy recovery. My deepest condolences to the friends and family.

Bikers were out in force this weekend. Sorry to hear we all did not make it home safely. RIP.

Very tragic and scary since this could have happened to anybody. All it takes is one person not paying attention and crossing into the oncoming lane. :(

terrible news.

VERY difficult to read after the WROAR ride today, as I know some of the riders were using Hwy# 9 to go home.
RIP & GWS to the injured...

RIP and GWS.. Terrible news. Watch out for the cagers and always leave yourselves an out, guys :(

Heard this on 680 on my way home....sincerely hoping it's no one heading home from the WROAR ride today as they said it was a woman killed. Condolences to the family and RIP rider. GWS to all others involved.

Seeing the helmet in the photo with the WROAR mohawk, and being that the location is pretty close to the Caledon Inn, I'm worried it was indeed someone who was part of the ride. Could also be a passer-by who came to offer assistance though... either way, very sad and scary to see. Condolences to friends & family...

57 yo female rider RIP.

From the Star

The accident happened around 4:30 p.m. Sunday when a car travelling eastbound on Hwy 9 crossed into the westbound lane, striking an SUV head-on and then hitting a second vehicle, OPP say.

One of the westbound vehicles struck ended up in the eastbound lane in front of a motorcycle, which then crashed into the car.

The motorcycle driver, a 57-year-old woman, was rushed to hospital, where she was pronounced dead. She was the only person on the motorcycle.

Word on facebook is that it was someone who had just left the WROAR ride, and it's someone known to members of this community, but let's leave names out of it until the proper channels have been followed. Very sad, RIP.

Word on facebook is that it was someone who had just left the WROAR ride, and it's someone known to members of this community, but let's leave names out of it until the proper channels have been followed. Very sad, RIP.

Yes...until we know for sure. What we all believe may be wrong, at least that's the hope I'm hanging onto.

Back
Top Bottom