Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Highway 9 again... Our own beloved Liz Metcalfe - Lost but never forgotten

Re: Highway 9 again...

She was my friend, and a friend to all who knew her, nuff said!
Time for a group hug and cry.

Aminal

She was always smiling, always laughing, always a positive light in the world. She was a shining example of what it means to be a part of a community, part of OUR community. Words can't express how much she will be missed.

I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her sails to the evening breeze and starts for the ocean. She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says, "She is gone."
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. The loss of sight is in me, not in her, and just at the moment when someone says, "She is gone." there are others who are watching her coming. Other voices take up the glad shout, "There she comes,"
Henry Scott Holland.
and that is the trip our dear friend taken.
Ride in peace dear friend.

I cant say if I met her or not but after hearing all that has been said Im very touched and a bit upset.Best wishes to all her friends and family. RIP L

I had a chance to meet her, when she became apart of a former club, as a member she offered nothing but support, companionship, help to fellow females who were new to riding, offered 1000% support for any & ever event possible!!! After the club shut down, I didn't really keep in touch with her, and now wish I did, Life is too short, in the few years I knew her, i know all she ever did was offer you her heart..

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

Beautiful.

I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her sails to the evening breeze and starts for the ocean. She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says, "She is gone."
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. The loss of sight is in me, not in her, and just at the moment when someone says, "She is gone." there are others who are watching her coming. Other voices take up the glad shout, "There she comes,"
Henry Scott Holland.
and that is the trip our dear friend taken.
Ride in peace dear friend.

Unbelievable!

A true enthusiast and an all round wonderful woman to be around. Her smile and demeanour put a smile on everyones face who ever encountered her. She will be sadly missed by all in the community.

Go safely with the angels and allow the rest of us to be warmed by your memories.

R.I.P.

What a tragic loss.
My sincere condolences to her loved ones ...especially Goldie girl, my heart bleeds and my tears flow for you.

Next of kin has been notified. Today has been a very rough day. Rest in peace Liz Metcalfe, you were greatly loved and will be missed by many.

Greetings everyone, it has fallen to me to finally confirm that we have lost our dear friend Liz Metcalfe who was a mentor and inspiration to many.

On June 12th at 4:20pm, she was returning home from attending the WROAR ride in Caledon. She was riding with a friend, when the vehicle ahead of them crossed the centre line and into oncoming traffic causing a horrific multi-vehicle crash that resulted in Liz's death and sending five occupants of some of the other vehicles to hospital. I've spoken to the officer in charge of this incident personally. I'm not at liberty to discuss the details of crash beyond what I've already stated as the investigation is still ongoing and quite frankly I don't want too.

Although charges will be laid, there is nothing in the Highway Traffic Act that will bring justice to this situation. The fact that charges will be laid also brings me no comfort.

I feel I need to make a few things clear though...the driver of the vehicle who caused this to happen wasn't talking on her cell phone, or texting, reading a newspaper, or doing any of the things that we would normally associate with 'distracted driving'. It was a brief moment of inattention with horrific results.

Mon was very trying for all of us who have become so deeply involved in getting a handle on the situation. Lucy, Raf, Elaine and I have been tending to Liz's affairs as best we can. Lucy and I have both personally spoken to some of the family while others have been advised by other means. Only now can we be publicly confirm this tragedy once Lucy and I personally informed Liz's son of what happened around 11pm Mon night as he was very difficult to find. I don't even know how we made it through that call. The family asked me to thank you all for caring about Liz so deeply.

Long time friends Leslie and Terry arrived late in the evening to further assist once Terry arrived from Montreal and Terry was able to hunt down Liz's son in Florida. We've each taken on certain roles going forward from here. I will field media/info and work on the memorial event (with a few others) so that Lucy, Terry and Leslie can address funeral arrangements. Terry will also be tackling her personal affairs with Lucy and me. I would ask that any further requests for updates come to me for the time being so that the rest of the team can deal with the tasks at hand in the immediate future.

Funeral arrangements will start Tues morning and once set, I will provide that information. Anyone who wishes to attend will be welcome to do so. Further to the funeral, a 'memorial' event is also being worked on for a later date (perhaps early next week). I will be heading that up personally with assistance from Goldie, Peter and certainly several others. Once again...details will be announced once available.

I wish to offer my deepest condolences to all who knew her, friends and family alike.

I am glad to see so many people here coming together to help Liz's family during this tragedy. I am sure you have been a blessing to her family. God bless.

+

Thank you,
V

.I still am in shock..
Liz was a very good friend of mine

There is no understanding of any of this tragidy, no answers..no reason..
We shared many dinners, laughs, late night chats, geeky things, secrets and the love of riding
I will miss you very much Liz... all our moments I will cherish forever. I remember you with JOY.
Love you Elaine

Last edited:

Liz once drove from Toronto to my home in Peterborough late one night to pick up a thermostat housing for baby, that's how much she loved riding. We went for a day long ride with some other ZX7 owners and we had a fantastic day. A genuine lady with class and passion for riding and WROAR. This is a very, very sad day indeed.

Rest in peace Liz, you will be deeply missed.

Last edited:

I'm going to miss you, Liz, I will remember you as that geeky, goofy girl with infectious laughter, a ready smile, pithy comments, and with the strength of ten for your heart was pure.

As an instructor with Learning Curves she brought years of practical experience to her students, and she did her best to coach students past their faults towards better riding habits. I loved working with her, as she brought positive energy, that smile, and her "Let's get this done and call it fun!" attitude every time she was on the lot. She excelled at coaching, and her loss is felt most acutely by my colleagues and her friends.

Those "media hound" tweets of hers were all over the map, as she had varied interests and tastes. I'll miss those quite a bit. :(

She was directly responsible for suggesting a means for enabling Suzi to ride in comfort with me on our tours aboard the KLR. Thanks Liz, Suzi and I will never forget.

When my number is up I would feel fortunate to be remembered so fondly by half as many friends. You made your mark

She was the author of more than one blog, Moto-Mojo and Lizard Words. One of my favourite bits of poetry is:

A Minute in the Life of Gerry the Grasshopper
http://lizardwords.blogspot.com

Liz, So long and thanks for all the fish.

Your friends, Ron and Suzi.

Just floored - in total shock. At a loss what to say.

Rest In Peace Liz.

Im honestly having such a hard time coping with this one...as Ronnie said, I was a student under her, and her laugh was infectious....she spent so much extra time between breaks chatting with me, and helping me sort through what type of bike might be good for me/offering up advise, and stories of her own....she had such a great attitude, she asked me to come ride at WROAR this past weekend before we parted ways that weekend, and I guess it all just feels to close for comfort. It seems as though everyone shares the same kind thoughts that I thought about her, it didnt take long at all to see what a warm individual she was.....She was thought of by so many so fondly.....and I can only think the same things....

Jenn

I'm going to miss you, Liz, I will remember you as that geeky, goofy girl with infectious laughter, a ready smile, pithy comments, and with the strength of ten for your heart was pure.

As an instructor with Learning Curves she brought years of practical experience to her students, and she did her best to coach students past their faults towards better riding habits. I loved working with her, as she brought positive energy, that smile, and her "Let's get this done and call it fun!" attitude every time she was on the lot. She excelled at coaching, and her loss is felt most acutely by my colleagues and her friends.

Those "media hound" tweets of hers were all over the map, as she had varied interests and tastes. I'll miss those quite a bit. :(

She was directly responsible for suggesting a means for enabling Suzi to ride in comfort with me on our tours aboard the KLR. Thanks Liz, Suzi and I will never forget.

When my number is up I would feel fortunate to be remembered so fondly by half as many friends. You made your mark

She was the author of more than one blog, Moto-Mojo and Lizard Words. One of my favourite bits of poetry is:

A Minute in the Life of Gerry the Grasshopper
http://lizardwords.blogspot.com

Liz, So long and thanks for all the fish.

Your friends, Ron and Suzi.

My heart felt condolences to you all that knew Liz. Reading these posts brings a tear to my eye. Smokeeater I believe stated it best.
"Go safely with the angels and allow the rest of us to be warmed by your memories."
RIP Liz.

Ride safe my fellow friends, for the road that we ride daily is a treacherous path with unknown conquences every time we turn the key, say thanks for being there my 2 wheeled companion, keep me safe in the corners, and to what ever might happen on this journey that we untake together on this day, let my friends and family know that I love them dearly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom