Post your first motorized vehicle. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your first motorized vehicle.

These aren't the actual pix of my machines...

First motorized 2 wheeler... A Califo Moped (circa 1975)
246820_10150200657752592_539707591_7612891_4443611_n.jpg

First real motorcycle - Kawasaki KH100 (model year 1975?)
247140_10150200031857592_539707591_7608589_5967486_n.jpg
Purchased this brand new from Doug's Cycle Center in Hamilton for around $700 in 1976

First cage - 1969 Pontiac Parisienne (mine was red)
1969 parisienne.jpg
Bought this in 1978 for $250 and spent a bit of time fixing all the rust holes. Sold it 6 months later when I discovered that I couldnt afford the insurance ($400/year)

First Bike: 1984 Yamaha Maxim 650 bought in 2007
Yamaha-XJ_650_Maxim-1981.jpg

First car 1967 Mercury Cougar bought in 1976
1967-1973-mercury-cougar-12b.jpg

Necro time! (Found Thread Searching for Threads about the Honda Spree)

My 1st Vehicle (& so far only Vehicle I could say I Owned, Granted it had no Ownership Paper/Title) was a 1983 Honda ATC 200e Big Red, Here's a Video I Made Years Ago (Ignore the Date I Uploaded it to YT, Originally had it on Photobucket but after what they pulled I Moved it to YT, Video is from around 2010-2011 I'd Guess Made using a Cheap Chinese Digital Camcorder I Bought from Canadian Tire) with Pics & Videos of it Along with Pics of another 83 Big Red my Brother had along with a 84 200m & a 81 200 Parts Trike. Got Rid of them Victoria Day 2012 due to Lack of Time & Money to Fix them up (Didn't Run or Ran Rough + Moved & had nowhere to Ride them so was just taking up space), Mine Was a Christmas Gift from my Mom in 2009.
[video=youtube;I0ZeMbmcGJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ZeMbmcGJ0[/video]

Last edited:
Bought a '66 Super Cub C 50 with my own money in '68. Parents wouldn't buy me a Mini Trail, so I took matters into my own hands. I was 10 and couldn't touch the ground on it.

This isn't the actual car, but mine looked EXACTLY the same...
'Bought it in 1983 with help from dad... Pretty cool car for a 17 year old high school geek.

208yx6d.jpg

First bike was something like this:

1974-ak4-z50.jpg

My old man and I found it in the woods one day while grubbing for worms to go fishing, beaten to hell and not running. He threw some tools my way and said if I could get it running I could keep it.

First car I inherited from him, interestingly under similar conditions: He had an old (well, just 7 years old at the time) 1976 Volvo 264GL that had died and wouldn't run, dead in the driveway. I'd just gotten my license and he again told me if I could get it running I could have it, otherwise it was going to the wrecking yard. Similar to this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Euro headlights with wipers and washers were notable as was the worst engine ever made (PRV 90-degree V6).

First bike was a honda mini trail, same as above^^.
Not my pic but first car was a 1966 chevy Biscayne 4 door. Had an online 6 cyl and a three on the tree when I got it. By the time I put it on the road it had a 427 and a Hurst 3 speed on the floor. That car had more room than a minivan!
72b7e085f5a102bd5faf2dfd6ba02eff.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Owned or regularly driven?

First Bike - Very used 2007 Suzuki GS500f - mine never looked this nice
2007-suzuki-gs500f.jpg

Piece of tin only lasted 1500 km before the drive spline sheared off - must have been just beat on by the previous owner. Patched it back together but then the oil pressure light kept coming on so I moved on. It served its purpose.

First Cage - used 1989 Toyota Supra NA

Still had the best seats I've ever driven in, so comfortable. Japanese camaro, fast for its time but heavy and slow when I owned it. It really came alive over the posted highway speeds. It was a money pit because it was a halo car. Everything on it was unique to the Supra. Any trip to the garage was always, "if it was for any other car it would cost this, but because it's a supra it costs that". Had it been built today it would have been a Lexus. Just a really good gt, that was a pleasure to drive. I6 engine, rear-wheel drive, driver right over the rear wheels (great road feedback). I still miss that car at times.
00i0i_cDHElLbqs1W_600x450-1.jpg

I had the exact same 1977 Cutlass as my first car- black with red pinstripes, a 350 V8 and a T-Bar roof!

First Cage - used 1989 Toyota Supra NA

Still had the best seats I've ever driven in, so comfortable. Japanese camaro, fast for its time but heavy and slow when I owned it. It really came alive over the posted highway speeds. It was a money pit because it was a halo car. Everything on it was unique to the Supra. Any trip to the garage was always, "if it was for any other car it would cost this, but because it's a supra it costs that". Had it been built today it would have been a Lexus. Just a really good gt, that was a pleasure to drive. I6 engine, rear-wheel drive, driver right over the rear wheels (great road feedback). I still miss that car at times.
00i0i_cDHElLbqs1W_600x450-1.jpg

A camaro?! I owned that car and it was in whole different league compared to a camaro. My first car was a 3rd gen firebird, basically a camaro, and that car either needed something fixed all the time or when it ran it was ****. Basically a sporty looking boat. It handled like **** in the snow, it fishtailed very easily and spun out. ****** on gas and slow. The supra was a true Grand Touring car. While heavyish it handled well, and it tracked on snow very well. Those seats really were amaizing. It was actually quite reliable and I always wrenched on it with a smile on my face.

A camaro?! I owned that car and it was in whole different league compared to a camaro. My first car was a 3rd gen firebird, basically a camaro, and that car either needed something fixed all the time or when it ran it was ****. Basically a sporty looking boat. It handled like **** in the snow, it fishtailed very easily and spun out. ****** on gas and slow. The supra was a true Grand Touring car. While heavyish it handled well, and it tracked on snow very well. Those seats really were amaizing. It was actually quite reliable and I always wrenched on it with a smile on my face.

lol, fair enough. Easiest way to describe a Supra to someone who's not familiar with them. Most people assume fwd, slow and bland when they hear Toyota. I really did have a lot of fun in that car. I could even carry my mountain bike in the hatch! Just don't mention the word head gasket around them (I went through 2).

Honda QA 50 mini trail , it was so ugly I think Honda destroyed all known photos....

Assuming we're talking about actually licensed road vehicles, my first was a real looker.

1983 Malibu wagon, baby!

32-%252811%2529-Chevrolet-Malibu-Station-Wagon-Import-1978-1983-Rear.jpeg

Now, the reason I owned it was two fold. First and foremost, it was dirt cheap, and dirt simple...and in my head I envisioned this when I was done with it:

10155412_200911814186.jpg

That never happened and I drove it until I bought something better, but it got me around.

First bike was an 83 Yamaha Seca/FJ 900:

xj900r.jpg

If we're going back to our childhood, well, I literally grew up riding a 70's Honda Trail70 as well as a variety of other off road stuff as soon as I was big enough to reach the controls.

First bike was a Rupp Roadster 2 similar to below:
images

First car was a 1986 Pontiac Sunbird 4 door (SE I think) similar to below, white with red interior. Cost me $400 and probably another $600 to get it road worthy.
9k=

CC-116-079-800.jpg

9k=

9k=

It was a busted up POS but I loved it :) It was also practically unstoppable in the snow.

Last edited:
Those sunbirds might have been the pinnacle of economy cars. I had one for over a year, never changed or topped it's oil and I got it with over 400k. Good manual transmission, fuel efficient and from what I remember it was not that slow.

First vehicle driven was like this. I managed to dig it out of my dad's basement and my neighbor restored it later on:
DMP_Trail_Champ_Canadain_10-70.jpg

First car driven, '72 Hornet, but purple with the 258 straight six:
d263d746593746b7ffff8227ffffe906.JPG

First car owned was like this a '72 plymouth Volare:
GeneYetterVolare2013.jpg

First bike owned was like this, '82 KZ250LTD:
48407082_614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom