Post your first motorized vehicle. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your first motorized vehicle.

My family had an assortment of vehicles with the slant six, plymouth belvedere, volare (pc of crap) , newport and a couple pickups. One dodge pickup had the 'super six' , came with a 2 barrel carb.
The slant six was a engine that had been originally bought from Benz by Chrysler. It took three decades but they took an awesome motor and wrecked in. Sideways Hemi.....

Bike: 2007 FZ-6, bought in 2008 (not my pic)

yamaha-fz6-s2-fazer-2007-7568-2.jpg

Car: 1986 Corolla GTS, bought in '95 (also not my pic)

070916-Barn-Finds-1985-Toyota-Corolla-Sport-GTS-1.jpg

Worked at a gas station back in 1985 and purchases a 1974 Plymouth Scamp 2 door with slant 6 from the shop owner.

Not my pic but same colour, wheel covers, vinyl roof etc.

a37e3ba0ead3fbadfcab43e9cd87205b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My family had an assortment of vehicles with the slant six, plymouth belvedere, volare (pc of crap) , newport and a couple pickups. One dodge pickup had the 'super six' , came with a 2 barrel carb.
The slant six was a engine that had been originally bought from Benz by Chrysler. It took three decades but they took an awesome motor and wrecked in. Sideways Hemi.....
The Mopar slant-six is a clean-sheet motor, meaning it was designed from scratch in house by Chrysler, there is no linkage to Benz. Benz did design a slant 6 too, it was a race motor fitted high end coupes. The only commonality was the slant, both makers wanted an torquey lower weight lower height option for a v8 engine bay.

MB made a few, they were fuel injected 3l performance motors that made 240hp. Chrysler made millions of them, 3.7l 145hp iron mills used in all sizes of cars and trucks. If I remember correctly, they original design was so far ahead of it's competition that NASCAR killed off the compact racing class because there was nothing to compete with MOPAR -- watching Dodge finish 1st thru 10th wasn't good for NASCAR.

9k=
9k=
My first road bike, a 1980 Suzuki GS750 exactly like this one.I bought it brand new from Sonic Motorcycles in Scarborough for $2999 plus tax at the end of the season.I rode it during my last year in high school.Man, I absolutely loved that bike.There were two other guys I rode with at that time that also had new 750s.One was a 1980 Honda 750 Supersport and the other was a 1980 KZ750.I could easily beat the Honda in a drag race on any given day.The Kawasaki was a different story,it was about 40-50 pounds lighter than the Suzuki and Honda, just enough to give him the edge over me.I could never beat that guy.
700px-1980-Suzuki-GS750E-Silver-3069-0.jpg

Last edited:
Got a 1980 GS1100 like this one a year later.I could beat that Kawi then!
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The Mopar slant-six is a clean-sheet motor, meaning it was designed from scratch in house by Chrysler, there is no linkage to Benz. Benz did design a slant 6 too, it was a race motor fitted high end coupes. The only commonality was the slant, both makers wanted an torquey lower weight lower height option for a v8 engine bay.

MB made a few, they were fuel injected 3l performance motors that made 240hp. Chrysler made millions of them, 3.7l 145hp iron mills used in all sizes of cars and trucks. If I remember correctly, they original design was so far ahead of it's competition that NASCAR killed off the compact racing class because there was nothing to compete with MOPAR -- watching Dodge finish 1st thru 10th wasn't good for NASCAR.

Willem Weertman design, for Chrysler. My Dad told me it was a Benz design, seems he made up as much crap as I do.

I went and looked up the history, I did not know Nascar had a compact class and the 225slant owned the class. They made a factory hop up kit for the 225, what kind of fun would that be? a 200+ hp slant would have been awesome in a '70 belvedere. Thanks for sending on the hunt , I learned stuff today.

Back
Top Bottom