streetside parking - toronto off Yonge St? | GTAMotorcycle.com

streetside parking - toronto off Yonge St?

kiwi

Hi, I did a search and couldnt find an answer or previous thread.

I wanted to know if any uses streetside parking on side streets off yonge st, in midtown, say between bloor and lawerence.? I noticed the Parking signs are often 1hr max parking. I was wondering if the ticket wardens ignore motorcycles or also ticket them if they are there longer than 1hr?

anyone have experience?

i have heard that in the area's of 1hr parking, if the ticket wardens are checking they will chalk your tire to see if you have moved or not ... if you did not move they COULD issue you a ticket ...

You can park on Asquith (south of the library) off Yonge up to 4 pm I believe, in the Green P spaces. Also, you can park on the street noth of the Library (collier street) in the green P spaces. Both are free for motorcycles, and no tickets as long as you are parked properly (in the actual spot). Both of these are just north on Yonge and bloor.

ah.. so the places you'd want to find are the "green p" ones or in other words any of the pay and display parking. When you get up near Eglington area lots of the side streets are signed posted for 1hr rather than metered.

It's a gamble, but generally speaking, MOST meter maids let bikes slide because they take up way less space

Anyone have experience parking at Yonge and Collier? Recently got a job at Yonge and Bloor and was deciding either Church and Isabella or Yonge and Collier. Church and Isabella has a lot more public view compared to Yonge and Collier.

I park on east side of Church, south of Charles, you can park there all day. Once everyone declares riding season open you will see lots of bikes there. As of last week there were only 2-3.

Any of the sidestreets off Yonge in the area of Bloor will be filled with parked cars anytime after 8 AM Monday to Friday.
Many of the spaces will be filled with motorcycles.
Just part of the charm of living in Toronto.

You can park on Asquith (south of the library) off Yonge up to 4 pm I believe, in the Green P spaces. Also, you can park on the street noth of the Library (collier street) in the green P spaces. Both are free for motorcycles, and no tickets as long as you are parked properly (in the actual spot). Both of these are just north on Yonge and bloor.

im pretty much uninformed on DT toronto parking. Are you saying park and pays are free for bikes? how does that work?

im pretty much uninformed on DT toronto parking. Are you saying park and pays are free for bikes? how does that work?

Street parking is free for motorcycles. Parking lots are not.

I live in the Yonge Bloor area.
It seems the city has plans this summer to replace the watermains on several of the side streets in this area.
St. Mary is already being done with no parking. I understand Charles St. W is next.

Back
Top Bottom