In case you were wondering about those big scoots..... | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

In case you were wondering about those big scoots.....

Why did you get rid of the burgman if you liked it that much?

I explained that elswehere. Because someone paid me a good price for it and it was not an appropriate ride for our cross country trip.
I needed more luggage storage and longer rear tire life and longer range on a tank of fuel.
The Vstrom 650 fit the need - rode it for 15k and then sold it.

Had another Burgman 650 lined up - seller commited and then he sold it out from under me so I snagged my current Wee which I'm taking to the east coast tomorrow...acting as luggage mule once more while the kid plays on the FZ8.

I'll wait for another sharp deal to come along or not on a Burgman 650. I have 3 more years riding in North America left then I'm permanently in Australia where I ride a KLR 650. Last year I had buddy's Burgman 650 to have fun with in the twists. I'm a solid fan. I put 100,000 km on two of them with total failures ...2 batteries. My capital cost depreciation on the 2009 was $3k over 4 years and 63k km ...

The CBF1000 is flat out a lot of fun .....way more than the Wee which is a mule....good suspension, carries a lot, huge range and comfortable ...no buzz tho.

CBF is a sleeper....easy to ride but goes when you want ....Very like the initial Burgman 650 rush but it keeps pulling and it's 100 lb lighter.
Of the three the Burgman handles the twists best, has the best lights, weather protection and convenient storage. Comfortable to ride.

CBF has the best brakes, total fun torque curve and decent for distance tho the Burgman Daylong was by far the best seat ...back to back 1,000 km days. Suspension sucked but was loads of fun in the twists.

CBF1000 can switch to a light liter sports bike by taking off the bags or put them on for touring. Sucky fuel mileage and tank range.

VStrom floats over anything and with K60s is as comfortable off pavement as on. Brakes are just "okay" and lights suck. Burgman far and away had the best lights and I used to ride a lot at night.

I'd wanted to try a D'eauville 700 and did for a few months - meh - sold it for a tidy profit and snagged the current CBF1000 which I like a lot.

I buy and sell bikes regularly as interest permits. Now you are caught up.

Burgman 650 Exec remains the best all around ride and I remain active on the Burgman forum. Many days I miss it.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-05%20at%20Jul%205%20%20%20%202015%20%20%20%206.14.24%20PM_zpsdl8dos8r.jpg

Last edited:
hmmmm

honda-x-adv-adventure-scooter_827x510_51473935264.jpg

[video=youtube;VzUyhkN7n6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUyhkN7n6k[/video]

750cc DCT - longish suspension...don't like that motor but thing will be torquey

Honda Adventure scooter.....

Adventure scooter :) , that just sounds fun to say

am I the only one that envisions a bunch of hipsters sitting around an ironic campfire drinking 8 dollar coffees from a vintage thermos while discussing only beers with IBU above 34 and beard care creams. adventure scooter FML.....

am I the only one that envisions a bunch of hipsters sitting around an ironic campfire drinking 8 dollar coffees from a vintage thermos while discussing only beers with IBU above 34 and beard care creams. adventure scooter FML.....

I doubt it. The formula is in place. The irony is optional. Check youtube, it's just a matter of time. Am I the only one befuddled by the monkey seeisms monkey doisms?

Beard oil is a real thing--girlfriends apparently demand their men use it if they insist on whiskers. Found it hard to believe it wasn't a joke, but I'm getting old and not really "with it" these days.

An adventure scooter isn't just Honda being weird, it's evidence their design department is completely ripped on fine cocaine at all times. Why not update the sad, forgotten XR650L? Something for us slobs who can't afford the new Africa Twin?

hmmmm

honda-x-adv-adventure-scooter_827x510_51473935264.jpg

[video=youtube;VzUyhkN7n6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzUyhkN7n6k[/video]

750cc DCT - longish suspension...don't like that motor but thing will be torquey

Honda Adventure scooter.....

Guess no standing on that one. I am no off road or gravel expert, but do enjoy getting off the pavement with my GS. There have been roads I have felt more comfortable standing while riding. Looking at the ergos of that and guessing not something you can do.

Beard oil is a real thing--girlfriends apparently demand their men use it if they insist on whiskers. Found it hard to believe it wasn't a joke, but I'm getting old and not really "with it" these days.

An adventure scooter isn't just Honda being weird, it's evidence their design department is completely ripped on fine cocaine at all times. Why not update the sad, forgotten XR650L? Something for us slobs who can't afford the new Africa Twin?

I'm not sure the Honda design dept. is on fine coke, I'm guessing its a street level product and then they watch Gangnam video till the wee hours.
They are getting into this big scooter class with a vengence. MotoGP will never be the same once Pedrosa and Marquez start rocking the big scoots in GP. Yes Suzuki has been late to the GP party, but once they take the Isle of Mann TT, since a burgerman will out corner and accelerate most 600's (why I sold my Ducatis off) , the GP debute is emminent.
Unless of course Honda goes directly after the Dakar cup. Nobody stands much on the Daker.

20160914231502-07533b08-me.jpg

Guess no standing on that one. I am no off road or gravel expert, but do enjoy getting off the pavement with my GS. There have been roads I have felt more comfortable standing while riding. Looking at the ergos of that and guessing not something you can do

Some of the Burgman 650 guys stand - I didn't as could never felt stable compared to the KLR or Strom. But this has pegs on flootboards. But yeah - not designed around standing...there are lots for that purpose.

More geared around dirt roads and mild track...big change is decent suspension. Hell the Africa Twin has DCT as well ..more and more the rides are blending...automatic or not.

••••

An Aprilla 850 will clean most 600s clocks and the Lightning LS-218 outgun them all.

Lightning-Motorcycles-race.jpg

[video=youtube;KuoSp2tFtGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=KuoSp2tFtGI[/video]

Lightning LS-281 is the 'Fastest Production Motorcycle in the World ...
www.ign.com/.../lightning-ls-281-is-the-fastest-production-motorcycle-in-the-world
Nov 12, 2014 - By Cassidee Moser Lightning Motorcycles is claiming to have created the fastest production motorcycle in the world. The LS-218 is an electric ...

ICE bikes so yesterday.....:rolleyes:

...not likely much potential for you on the comedy circuit either - requires current topics....not dated memes :D

Last edited:
Meh, if you want some bragging rights, an MTT Y2K would do the trick. It's the ultimate doosh pipe superbike! Looks weird but damages the hearing of bystanders. Love that startup.

Back
Top Bottom