Etobicoke Riders 5.0 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Etobicoke Riders 5.0

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
Ok, new season, new version number :cool: For now the regular meeting spot is Timmies on Park Lawn and Queensway and that's where the meeting will be assumed unless otherwise noted in a post.

I'll start up with the first one.. Gonna do a short run up to Hockley and Mono tomorrow May 21st (also known as Apocalypse-day). Already changing up the meeting spot. Place: Shell, on Horner and Browns Line. Time: 14:15. Pace will be civilized (15ish) due to traditional and excessive popo presence on May24. It can be made M1-friendly, but let me know in advance. An evening urban boot is also in the works and whoever tags with me is welcome to continue tagging. Might involve some grub. When we stop for gas, somebody remind me to wipe down my mirrors :cool:

I'm in. I'll be riding all day, before we meet up. I'm sure I'll need fuel by that point...

I fueled up on today's test run. Just a short reality check on the Fizzer.. Cutting out a bit under load but still alright (the clamps on the intake boots) for street. Chain freshly lubed, the oil can take another 1000-1500, tires just topped up, everything else lubed. She might be a bit old but she can still boogie :D

Will see if I can make it home in time, and break in the leathers some more. Oof, you have to lube chains? Last two bikes were shaft drive and before that was belt. Guess I'm not used to this primitive stuff.

Will see if I can make it home in time, and break in the leathers some more. Oof, you have to lube chains? Last two bikes were shaft drive and before that was belt. Guess I'm not used to this primitive stuff.

Lol.. That just rolls off the shoulders of the guy who still uses straight razors (yes, plural, I got a whole bunch) for shaving :cool: Don't worry, this ride will be slow enough even for that lumbering monstrosity of yours :D

Lol.. That just rolls off the shoulders of the guy who still uses straight razors (yes, plural, I got a whole bunch) for shaving :cool: Don't worry, this ride will be slow enough even for that lumbering monstrosity of yours :D

Well, I needed something that can get traction over all those parts falling off of your bike. Found the chain lubricant and the gas station, saw the usual police car boogying on highway 27 this morning, and gravel at the Burnhamthorpe east exit light from southbound 427, mostly in the left lane.

Well, I needed something that can get traction over all those parts falling off of your bike. Found the chain lubricant and the gas station, saw the usual police car boogying on highway 27 this morning, and gravel at the Burnhamthorpe east exit light from southbound 427, mostly in the left lane.

I'm surprised you only saw 1 cruiser so far.. On May-24 long weekend, cruisers seem to outnumber all other vehicles put together :shock: As for the parts, the Fizzer has to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for you to follow, once that 2-wheeled molasses you're riding falls behind too far to follow me visually :D

I will bring a GPS. I won't bring the 1000cc bike. The 650 might serve as enough of an anchor to spare you a couple of tickets, or I can meet you at the end and deliver any missing parts - bring tools to reinstall them.

Timing might be a little tight as I will be in the cage in Richmond Hill until 1:00 and I expect more people to be on the 401 today.

I will bring a GPS. I won't bring the 1000cc bike. The 650 might serve as enough of an anchor to spare you a couple of tickets, or I can meet you at the end and deliver any missing parts - bring tools to reinstall them.

Timing might be a little tight as I will be in the cage in Richmond Hill until 1:00 and I expect more people to be on the 401 today.

We can push it back another 30min.. I'm in no rush to leave.. The original plan was made due to a person who finished working at noon, but they're out due to other commitments (at least until the evening).. Gonna txt j12l when I take a break (working now).

We can push it back another 30min.. I'm in no rush to leave.. The original plan was made due to a person who finished working at noon, but they're out due to other commitments (at least until the evening).. Gonna txt j12l when I take a break (working now).

Work? what is that?

14:15 is my kind of time, I'll attempt to be there.

14:15 is my kind of time, I'll attempt to be there.

You'll be waiting for 30min.. We just moved the time to 14:45 :cool:

Just let me know what works. I'm north of Newmarket, but will be out riding soon. I'm up for whatever, whenever; unless something comes up?

Just let me know what works. I'm north of Newmarket, but will be out riding soon. I'm up for whatever, whenever; unless something comes up?

SMS sent - New time (14:45), same place

I'm at the Shell station now.
Horner/browns line

I'm at the Shell station now.
Horner/browns line

That's a lie! I just saw you wolfing down a burger 2km south of there!!! :cool:

All in all a very nice warmup ride. Good crowd, decent pace (considering the level of caution that had to be exercised) and very light on our beloved servants and protectors.. I can't believe how many bugs I picked up over such a short distance :shock: While I've already been out with Baggsy and Aslan, james12lucy got the thumbs up. Knows how to ride, doesn't act like a squid and knows how to behave in a group. Too bad we can't say the same of that group of asswipes on Mono that decided to weave through our formation. I hope you found plenty of gravel, you bunch of phallus-suckers! And if you've got problems with what I just said, my bike's easy to recognize!

Anyone up for a late evening ride next Monday or Tuesday - July11/12? I will be working all weekend and will need some serious ride therapy.

Back
Top Bottom