Where can I find metric bolts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I find metric bolts?

wearelopey

Hey everyone,

So I'm trying to install a new exhaust on my bike, and I need bolts in order to fit it.

I went to home depot and bought the right length bolts in a 1 inch size.

I get home, to find out that it is just ever so slightly too wide for the hole it needs to thread into.

I am assuming this is because the hole is metric and the bolt is imperial?

Anyways, I was wondering where I could find a bolt that would fit my application, AKA somewhere that sells metrically sized bolts.

Let me know,

Thanks

There are two places on Queen Elizabeth Boulevard in Etobicoke, near Islington and the Gardiner Expressway.

One is Brafasco and the other is two doors down.

Awesome thanks guys,

Any chance you know when they're open until?

there was no pick up. I assume they closed at 5-6pm.

Thanks!

Home Depot has metric bolts. Not a large selection, but they are there. I think they're in blue bins?

Brafasco and Fastenal are 9-5, monday to friday.

However, **** those places. Lowes is where its at. Lowes has more metric bolts and screws IN STOCK than anywhere else (including brafasco and fastenal which generally have to order metric stuff in). I got every single screw i needed in hex head to completely replace all the JIS screws on my bike, and their metric bolt selection is just as good. Cheaper over than brafasco and fastenal as well, a pack of 2-4 screws/bolts is generally like 0.65-1.50, where at one of those other places they generally wont break open a box just to sell you one bolt or screw so you end up buying 20.

Oh and plus Lowes is open like, 7am-10pm or whatever, so no trouble getting there on your schedule.

However, **** those places. Lowes is where its at. Lowes has more metric bolts and screws IN STOCK than anywhere else (including brafasco and fastenal which generally have to order metric stuff in). I got every single screw i needed in hex head to completely replace all the JIS screws on my bike, and their metric bolt selection is just as good. Cheaper over than brafasco and fastenal as well, a pack of 2-4 screws/bolts is generally like 0.65-1.50, where at one of those other places they generally wont break open a box just to sell you one bolt or screw so you end up buying 20.

Oh and plus Lowes is open like, 7am-10pm or whatever, so no trouble getting there on your schedule.

where were you two weeks ago when i needed that info...
went all the way up to brafasco, ugh... hate that store

Are they the correct hardness?

Step aside poindexters, here's the place to get stainless metric hardware for less than half the price of Brafasco or anywhere else. Cash only.

Pacific Fasteners
27 Chauncey Ave, Etobicoke
(416) 231-7295

Brofasco hours suck. Home debot's metric stock sucks. Canadian tire at Albion is best I have found other than Brofasco. Cheaper too.

These guys have never turned me down .... http://www.boltsplus.ca/

Usually 2-3 bolts, they just give them to me, say don't worry, next time .... yesterday, I was looking for a metric with a round and hex socket head. Of course they had them, even in my preferred black finish.

Bolts Plus is my preferred choice. Close to home; no waiting for the mail; no minimum order if paying cash.

i dont get it?????? some people even buy bolts from oem$$$$$$$$ look at the cost of titanium, then your stainless. its not much more cost but the bling!!!!!! oh so much bling.

i dont get it?????? some people even buy bolts from oem$$$$$$$$ look at the cost of titanium, then your stainless. its not much more cost but the bling!!!!!! oh so much bling.

I like using OEM fasteners on race glass. The shouldered bolts help the glass last longer and they are less likely to vibrate lose. It's hard to find Ti bolts with various shoulder lengths.

Back
Top Bottom