Places to ride - North east GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Places to ride - North east GTA

2smokewilleh

Site Supporter
Good morning folks,

Just got meself a nifty 86 Honda XL350 R, in great shape, looking for some good places to do do some trail riding in North-East GTA (Northern york region, East Gwillimbury, Northern durham, georgina).

Bike is green plated and insured.

Thanks!

Will

The Ganaraska is the best all around off road riding area, with hundreds of kms of trails and everything from logging road to long single track, it is located off the 115 and can be accessed by going east on Boundary road or Porter. Be sure to get a day pass from the forest center, it is worth it. if you are less risk averse, there are some pretty beat up trails in Raglan, between Port Perry and Oshawa, but a lot of it is private property and the cops patrol it. A bit farther north, off highway 6 north of Stoney Lake, a couple kms before the mine in Nephton on the left hand side there is a hydro cut and trail system that offers some amazing riding on the rocky Canadian Shield, with lots of water crossings etc. Be sure to bring a friend though, Cell phone signal is pretty spotty and an injury or breakdown would be a nightmare. Check out the OFTR website for more info.
I had an 87 XL 350, loved that bike. Enjoy and stay safe!

there are soooooo many trails up in Keswick and willow beach and Sutton if you know the tims on Dalton rd in Sutton right behind the tims is where the trails start

Join Scorra. Endless trails. I did horseshoe Valley yesterday what a blast. Also did single track on a big ole dr650. Heavy beast in sand but can be done!...did Hendrie week before and my XR did just fine against the newer KTM's and wr's...your 350 is heavy but will tractor it's why through anything with right tires and rider on it!.have fun and ride safe!

Back
Top Bottom