2011 Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) Fridays Run What you Brung | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) Fridays Run What you Brung

FZ1Oakville

Toronto Motorsport Park - Bikes​
Drag Racing - Circuit Track - Dirt Bike Track
Fri May 13 Take it to the Track - Test & Tune 7pm-11pm
$20 to RUN your Bike
1040 Kohler Road
Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0
(905) 772-0303

see you there

Do they require Snell helmets and full leathers to allow bikes on drag strip?

Is this happening for this Friday? I got an email for them about a (really expensive) test and tune that seems to be happening during the day Friday for (what appears to be) professional teams, which I'm not! Is the evening thing separate from that?

Do they require Snell helmets and full leathers to allow bikes on drag strip?

If your running what you drove up on... (and its not streched out, and no juice) then they are pretty flexible....
you need gloves, a decent helmet and decent footwear -- to tell you the truth, they don't tech the helmet (which might be a good idea) jeans are fine --- bike boots, or bike shoes are fine, no sneakers/runners

Is this happening for this Friday? I got an email for them about a (really expensive) test and tune that seems to be happening during the day Friday for (what appears to be) professional teams, which I'm not! Is the evening thing separate from that?

This Weekend (the long weekend) they have a bunch of bracket racing going on - the $100 Test and Tune is for anyone who wants to spend the day there -- as for the usually6pm (or so) to 11pm $20 Test and Tune (Run what you brung) --- I can't say for sure if that is on for this friday night --- I will call them tomorrow and try to post the info -- if by chance I don't -- here is the phone number if you leave a message they are quick to get back to you Toll Free: 1-866-824-RACE (7223)
Phone: (905) 772-0303

on monday they have a test and tune for $30
monday is also the ducati demos

Ive run the strip in jeans and a mesh jacket with helmet and boots

If your running what you drove up on... (and its not streched out, and no juice) then they are pretty flexible....
you need gloves, a decent helmet and decent footwear -- to tell you the truth, they don't tech the helmet (which might be a good idea) jeans are fine --- bike boots, or bike shoes are fine, no sneakers/runners

Cool, thanks for the info. :)

they can rub salt,if they think im getting a nhra licence to run my shitbox on a friday night

I was there last fri and they jumped all over me about it. Fortunatly I still had an IHRA license (door car) , NHRA paperwork done and just waiting for my medical. Without that they were restricting to 1000ft.
Theyre super strict this year.

What's this all about? So you need an NHRA license to do the test and tune at all?

Or you can go, but they stop timing at 1000 feet if you don't have the license? (I assume they can't force me to close the throttle at 1000 feet)

Ya there was only myseldf and a busa both running mid 9's. Because I had the info and credentials i had they let me run through. They just told the other fellow to lift at 1000ft or the wouldnt let him run. He made a tonne of bottom 10 second passes after that.
I passed tech with no prob, but they approached me after my first pass looking for a license...:eek:

I think the rule is if you run quicker than 10.0 or faster than 135mph you need a license....

I think there will be alot of guys not going to the track because of this.......

great way to kill friday night attendance

any modern 750 and up can run 134 mph or faster

another great TMP move.....

I was there Fri night on my new to me gs 1100 dragbike and was prompted at inspection to show some credentials,I dont have any though. When i told them of my dilema i was allowed to make my liscencing runs as i had my medical form with me.It was not in the cards for me though for my new clutch was not set up properly and would not allow me to shift DAM slider.Anyway it,s fixed now so i will be back next fri to make some passes.Bike has run a best of 9.06 at146 with a heavy jockey so it should be fun if i ever get to make a full pass.track official said i need to make one pass at 330 two at half track two at 1000 and a full pass to get liscensed

hi, just wondering if TMP is still doing the Run What You Brung races on Friday nights? I am looking for a place to safely open up my bike in a straight line for now. If TMP isnt doing it, does anyone know a track that is?

Back
Top Bottom