Powered Kickstand For a Motorcycle, Interested? Feedback? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Powered Kickstand For a Motorcycle, Interested? Feedback?

Would you buy a powered kickstand, and if so, how much would you spend?

• Total voters
Not interested in the powered kickstand (even if it's free)

Now, if powered rotor blades pop up at the tail for the bike to turn into a mini-helicopter.... :cool:

what next? technology to auto-drive your motocycle for you?? Come on, this is just plain lazy - I can see it now.. some people dropping their bikes because they didnt hit the kickstand button hard enough...

1 - Anybody who replied to this thread is on crack, except for the guy that just joined the site today to reply to this thread, which he probably didn't realize was years old.
2 - The original poster has not signed in for 2 years.
3 - Anybody that thinks this is for an able bodied rider is also a moron.
4 - I don't know if anybody has the original video or picture from this thread, but it more than answers any questions as to the needs and wants for an electronically actuated kickstand. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/archives/showthread.php?122148-Dave-Noble-back-on-two-three-wheels-)

I’m looking to do some research and development on a powered kickstand for motorcycles of all types, asking for your feedback and opinions.
Basically, I need to show there is a market for this before I can get backing from the company I work at. Your responses will help in painting the picture for whether or not this is a reasonable idea.

Few things to consider:
  • 12volt “bolt on system”
  • Neutral Safety Switch
  • Push Button control
I've attached some pictures of a current patent utilizing a pneumatic actuator, done by Ridley Motorcycle Company in Oklahoma,

I appreciate you reading this; I will keep you posted as how this moves along,

Thanks,
- Adli

I am very interested ,my wife has a new Indian Chieftain and can't reach the kickstand. We have already lowered the bike , 1.5"
lowering kit, and had some foam removed from the seat. She is vertically challenged , a powered option would be great. please
let me know if you did anything further with this

I am very interested ,my wife has a new Indian Chieftain and can't reach the kickstand. We have already lowered the bike , 1.5"
lowering kit, and had some foam removed from the seat. She is vertically challenged , a powered option would be great. please
let me know if you did anything further with this

Contact the dealer. They should have a kick stand extension to help her out.

Powered side stand, no need, why other than to say hey I have a powered side stand look at this.... It take almost zero effort to put the stand down.

Powered centre stand for large bikes (wing, other big cruisers). That I totally understand since it is not all that easy to get them on the centre stand.

Powered side stand, no need, why other than to say hey I have a powered side stand look at this.... It take almost zero effort to put the stand down.

Powered centre stand for large bikes (wing, other big cruisers). That I totally understand since it is not all that easy to get them on the centre stand.

for those bikes, there already is a ratcheting centre stand, you just flip it down and rock the bike sideways.

Powered kickstand would be awesome for us handicapped folks! Kickstand is super duper annoying to try and use with a bad knee :(

01.jpg

Not interested in powered kickstand and don't want any feedback. Will be strapping on the feedbag soon so if interested we can talk about lunch.

Back
Top Bottom