Powered Kickstand For a Motorcycle, Interested? Feedback? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Powered Kickstand For a Motorcycle, Interested? Feedback?

Would you buy a powered kickstand, and if so, how much would you spend?

• Total voters

Adli

I’m looking to do some research and development on a powered kickstand for motorcycles of all types, asking for your feedback and opinions.
Basically, I need to show there is a market for this before I can get backing from the company I work at. Your responses will help in painting the picture for whether or not this is a reasonable idea.

Few things to consider:
  • 12volt “bolt on system”
  • Neutral Safety Switch
  • Push Button control
I've attached some pictures of a current patent utilizing a pneumatic actuator, done by Ridley Motorcycle Company in Oklahoma,

I appreciate you reading this; I will keep you posted as how this moves along,

Thanks,
- Adli

Attachments

• Patent_1.jpg
    Patent_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Patent_2.jpg
    Patent_2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Patent_3.jpg
    Patent_3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Personally I see no need for a powered kickstand, but again, that's just me.

If you're gonna go to the trouble of powering it, why not make it a powered centre stand? All the benefits of the centre stand, plus it would act as a theft deterrent as the bike can't just be rolled around, it would have to be dragged on it's centre stand.

Are people that lazy!?! I'm not being rude but I would never buy one. If I did have one I would still have to check with my foot that it is in place properly. Also I would have to look at it visually that it is in place to make sure all the mechanics were working properly before resting her down on the stand. So in saying that I'll just stick to the old fashion way lol. Best of luck in your quest for success.

If you're gonna go to the trouble of powering it, why not make it a powered centre stand? All the benefits of the centre stand, plus it would act as a theft deterrent as the bike can't just be rolled around, it would have to be dragged on it's centre stand.

I think there would be potential for various types of stands, centre stand included.
Thanks for the input,

A

Always a good idea to add more unnecessary weight on a motorcycle.

It would wiegh between 5-10 pounds. If you are that worried about it you could just go on a diet? ;)
Just kidding, but yeah, wieght shouldnt be an issue,

-A

Nice schematics. I don't see a benefit to having a powered kickstand, but for certain bikes a powered centre stand might be nice. I know when I see a BMW pull up and they turn on their electric centre stand it looks super bling, not to mention it makes it less likely they'd drop it.

I just don't see the need for something like this.

Nice schematics. I don't see a benefit to having a powered kickstand, but for certain bikes a powered centre stand might be nice. I know when I see a BMW pull up and they turn on their electric centre stand it looks super bling, not to mention it makes it less likely they'd drop it.

Yea i agree, maybe a goldwing, or even a harley...

Powered center stand that i would buy.

Sorry, but I really don't see the point of having a powered kick stand ...

It's the equivalent of having a remote control light switch ... and the switch was within arms reach.

I’m looking to do some research and development on a powered kickstand for motorcycles of all types, asking for your feedback and opinions.
Basically, I need to show there is a market for this before I can get backing from the company I work at. Your responses will help in painting the picture for whether or not this is a reasonable idea.

Few things to consider:

• 12volt “bolt on system”
  • Neutral Safety Switch
  • Push Button control
I've attached some pictures of a current patent utilizing a pneumatic actuator, done by Ridley Motorcycle Company in Oklahoma,

I appreciate you reading this; I will keep you posted as how this moves along,

Thanks,
- Adli
So were you planning on adding a compressor and receiver(air tank) as well to power the cylinder?

I wouldn't buy one, but then again, I don't even like power-windows lol.. Weight, expense, complexity, for no real gain. A powered centre stand, possibly with a pivoting function would be interesting, but I still wouldn't spend the bucks for it.

I echo the general sentiments above: a powered center-stand may make sense in some applications (I don't own a bike that has a center-stand at all) but a powered kick-stand is an answer to a question that I can't understand why anyone would ask.

would never use one, it's pretty damn lazy. It's borderline as bad as being so fat you ride a scooter, but still wear a pair of shape-ups.

power kickstand would work on a big bike. dont some huge bmw bikes already have power steering? y'all shouldn't be this narrow minded. remember in the 80s, IBM exes said why on earth would an average family need a computer. look at today.

Back
Top Bottom