m2 exit ear piece | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

m2 exit ear piece

thanks for feedback. I will bring my own tips. Not too worried about theirs fitting, just disgusted that they dont dispose of them after.

Dispose of what? They don't go IN your ear, they rest on top. If your that anal about it, just bring some disinfectant wipes.

Just had my test on Friday, Drive Test Brampton. The earpiece is ridiculously uncomfortable. It's really tight on the ear. No chance of it falling out, no need for tape. Quality was ok, it was loud enough, but scratchy. Worst part was understanding the examiner's accent at times. *shrug*

No big deal. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine.

I found it really tight too, I had to remove my cheekpad to get it to sit properly

Dispose of what? They don't go IN your ear, they rest on top. If your that anal about it, just bring some disinfectant wipes.

my friend took it earlier this year said it goes IN the ear and was re-used from previous riders which is what drove me to search this thread and ask the question. the people below also mention it goin IN the ear

As long as your earpiece fits a motorola FRS walkie talkie.

They usually tape the earpiece into your ear and not usually a problem of falling out.
They are clear as long as the earpiece is in the ear canal and taped in, with high volume.
You won't have a problem.
Good luck... don't forget your shoulder checks and high accident areas to look that way.

At my m2x, it was easily loud enough, clear enough and as mentioned, was taped in to prevent any possibility of falling out. If you have a very loud exhaust note, then it may be too quiet for you.

Well i just didi my m2 exit last sunday with RTI in Newmarket and they use the little frs radio and it fit in my ear fine, and my bike is kinda loud but i had no problems, just cranked it up and all was a ok.

when I go to my doctor, he always gets a new bit to look in my ear canal. Im sure the MTO can get a few foam tips for earbuds.

they no longer use the damn earbuds...

Since when?

They had the earbuds last month O_O

Would suck to be a major germaphobe with your license about to expire the next day :p

At the same time, ear infections (or infections of any sort) is something to worry about when sharing ear pieces with an unknown amount of people you don't know.

Last edited:
my friend took it earlier this year said it goes IN the ear and was re-used from previous riders which is what drove me to search this thread and ask the question. the people below also mention it goin IN the ear.

Perhaps everyone needs to specify what time and place they are talking about. The couple people that have said it doesn't go in your ear have also said that was in Brampton. I'll even add that it was last year when I did it.

Anyone saying it goes IN your ear, please say where and when. Thank you. And OP, I may have missed it, but did you say where you were doing the test? More detailed information prevents blanket statements.

Didn't have an issue with mine and it was taped in so I don't see how it could fall out. The instructor also told us if we have some issue with the ear piece to just pull over and we'd get it fixed up. Then again, I did a course rather than just going to the ministry so maybe they're nicer on the course. At one point the instructor had to get out of the following car to push the crosswalk button because the light wasn't changing for me bike, lol.

Ill be doing it at downsview park. I know people who have done it at VP and Lawrence that used the in ear buds.

Didn't have an issue with mine and it was taped in so I don't see how it could fall out. The instructor also told us if we have some issue with the ear piece to just pull over and we'd get it fixed up. Then again, I did a course rather than just going to the ministry so maybe they're nicer on the course. At one point the instructor had to get out of the following car to push the crosswalk button because the light wasn't changing for me bike, lol.

lol. i hate when that happens. 3 rights make a left or right turn then u-turn.

I would've done something different if I was just riding but I was told not to deviate from the route I was told.

Since when?

They had the earbuds last month O_O

Would suck to be a major germaphobe with your license about to expire the next day :p

At the same time, ear infections (or infections of any sort) is something to worry about when sharing ear pieces with an unknown amount of people you don't know.

thats exactly my point. im not a huge germaphobe, though this thread is making me appear to be one. this is a public health issue though. the guvment budgeted for hand sanitizer in every building, im just saying they can get disposable tips for ear buds.

I'm actually surprissed no one makes a handlebar mounted frs for bikers. It seems to me like it would be useful. Not as good as a dedicated headset, but for 4+ group rides and each unit at $30...

...cuz you'd have to push a button to talk everytime... could get dangerous to have to hold the PTT button...

M2exit is alot of fun... tiring too.. goodluck

How is it tiring? It's a 15 minute test?

my friend took it earlier this year said it goes IN the ear and was re-used from previous riders which is what drove me to search this thread and ask the question. the people below also mention it goin IN the ear

I did it in Newmarket last year, and my fiancee did it in Newmarket this year - both times it was taped over the ear (old-school style). We wore earplugs in the opposite ear to facilitate hearing the instructions.

thats exactly my point. im not a huge germaphobe, though this thread is making me appear to be one. this is a public health issue though. the guvment budgeted for hand sanitizer in every building, im just saying they can get disposable tips for ear buds.

Mine was also in-ear last year. They sanitized it with alcohol so I wasn't overly concerned.

Just took it yesterday at keele and sheppard.

They give you a reusable ear piece (the girl that gave it to me said she cleaned it)...and I don't have an infection as yet (knock on wood). this ear piece is not one that you put IN the ear, its the ear bud type.

if you have a problem hearing, just pull over... thats what I did, just remove the helmet and get the girl to tape the ear piece again.

I had terrible issues with mine during my M2 exit...

1. Examiner didnt know the on-ramp to the highway was closed so we had to deviate from the usual route
2. Could not hear a damn thing through those ear pieces, loud but cant make out what the person is saying (static)
3. Occasionally out of range because i did it during rush hour and poeple were cutting in here and there.

I had terrible issues with mine during my M2 exit...

1. Examiner didnt know the on-ramp to the highway was closed so we had to deviate from the usual route
2. Could not hear a damn thing through those ear pieces, loud but cant make out what the person is saying (static)
3. Occasionally out of range because i did it during rush hour and poeple were cutting in here and there.

Low battery on either one end would cause all of the effects above. Mine was loud and clear with Go buses and trucks in between.

I had a tight fit helmet when doing the M2 Exit and the ear piece stayed in place.

passed my test today just before it started to pour at downsview. The earbud they use does not go into the canal and they sanitize it before giving to you. It is taped to your ear but I felt it coming loose as I started the test. As the ride continued I just focused on the road and forgot about it until it was time to take it off. Thanks everyone for the tips.

I would've done something different if I was just riding but I was told not to deviate from the route I was told.

The testers got out of the car for my M2 Exit as well (RTI), but that was because a cop pulled me over! I wasn't speeding or anything, so I was confused to why I was pulled over in the first place. It was kind of a weird situation. They weren't pulling me over, but rather stopping at the house that I pulled over next to.

RTI gives out new foam pieces with each rider. Also their headphones are pretty loud. A guy with a straight pipe was able to clearly hear instructions.

passed my test today just before it started to pour at downsview. The earbud they use does not go into the canal and they sanitize it before giving to you. It is taped to your ear but I felt it coming loose as I started the test. As the ride continued I just focused on the road and forgot about it until it was time to take it off. Thanks everyone for the tips.

Congrats! It poured as well when I took the RTI course, but I was lucky. The course was near my home and I elected to go last. The first guy got his done right before the down pour. The second guy was completely drench. The third guy was wet, but had rain gear, so his clothes were reletively dry. I was at home when this all happened and did my test with the sun shining.

Congrats!
I did my test as it started to come down. The rain was a bothersome, but not as much as that earbud... And I got my papers saying I passed as the rain stopped.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom