m2 exit ear piece | GTAMotorcycle.com

m2 exit ear piece

suzuki2000

When doing your m2 exit to get your M, you are instucted via a headset.

I have read quite often that the ear piece isn't the highest quality/often falls out/ is not clear.

Can you bring your own ear peices? Is there a potential compatibility problem?

Looking to do my M this summer and don't want to be tripped up on a techical problem with the headset

As long as your earpiece fits a motorola FRS walkie talkie.

They usually tape the earpiece into your ear and not usually a problem of falling out.
They are clear as long as the earpiece is in the ear canal and taped in, with high volume.
You won't have a problem.
Good luck... don't forget your shoulder checks and high accident areas to look that way.

At my m2x, it was easily loud enough, clear enough and as mentioned, was taped in to prevent any possibility of falling out. If you have a very loud exhaust note, then it may be too quiet for you.

You just reminded me to book my appointment.

I went to book it online. My browser has been stuck at "We are processing your credit card payment and booking your appointment. This could take up to 60 seconds." for over 5 min now. I closed it and tried again, same thing. I hope I don't get charged twice. Anyways on their main page I noticed:

Road Test Booking Online is available: Monday to Saturday: 6:00 a.m. to Midnight
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to Midnight

LOL do these guys process their online payments by hand?

good point about the pipe noise, i will have to wear it in my right ear to help limit the conflict hearing clearly.

i was told you have to have a jacket with a pocket inside the chest too to carry this devise, how big is it really... did it bother anyone at all ?

Well i just didi my m2 exit last sunday with RTI in Newmarket and they use the little frs radio and it fit in my ear fine, and my bike is kinda loud but i had no problems, just cranked it up and all was a ok.

It's a one way communication device. The examiners can talk to You; But you cannot talk back to them. So make sure you have the radio volume up and listen clearly to their instructions. Good Luck with your test.

I'm actually surprissed no one makes a handlebar mounted frs for bikers. It seems to me like it would be useful. Not as good as a dedicated headset, but for 4+ group rides and each unit at $30...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

I remember when I had my test with RTI I too was worried if the friggin earpiece would come out.. to my surprise it was fine.. They had me test it and adjust the volume before I headed out.. I kept the volume a bit louder than usual and all was OK.. I could hear the instructor clearly.. (The instructor did however ask me to signal him if I had problems hearing an instruction or repeating it)... M2exit is alot of fun... tiring too.. goodluck

reviving an old thread. i heard the mto will re-use ear buds and its kinda grossing me out. can anyone confirm if they have used their own earbuds or even just swapped the tips with their own? if i bring something like http://www.complyfoam.com/ will they allow it?

At Brampton anyway, they don't use earbuds. It is an over the ear piece like all those headphones from the 80’s.

Glad I never had to do this, I've had my Motorcycle licence for 38 years, I wear Hearing aids now, wonder how they deal with that? I am 90%; deaf without them LOL.... and I cannot hear using headphones, just curious that's all.

To use another headset with the walkie-talkies, 2.5mm cable is needed. So, an iphone headset is too big. There are 3.5mm -> 2.5mm converters probably at Source for $2, but I wouldn't bother since their headphones work just fine with the tape =)

It's really nothing to worry.

reviving an old thread. i heard the mto will re-use ear buds and its kinda grossing me out. can anyone confirm if they have used their own earbuds or even just swapped the tips with their own? if i bring something like http://www.complyfoam.com/ will they allow it?

Thanks for the link. I'm getting one set for myself today =)

All you really need is the spongy ear piece to fit it securely so it doesn't come off, other then that it's pretty loud unless you have my exhaust :p

I took my M2 exit with RTI last year, I used my own ear phones, just a regular ear phone 3.5mm connector

Just had my test on Friday, Drive Test Brampton. The earpiece is ridiculously uncomfortable. It's really tight on the ear. No chance of it falling out, no need for tape. Quality was ok, it was loud enough, but scratchy. Worst part was understanding the examiner's accent at times. *shrug*

No big deal. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom