Follow Along: 600rr to California | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Follow Along: 600rr to California

great vid
good you got your bike upto 300 :)

Sequel to thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?135984-Help-me-plan-my-epic-trip-of-a-lifetime!-Toronto-gt-California-and-back-in-15-days!

I’ve finally graduated after a long 5 years of university so what better way to start a new chapter to my life off with an adventure. Origin: Toronto, Canada….Destination: Los Angeles, California. Along the way, I’ll be stopping at famous landmarks/destinations such as Mt. Rushmore, Pikes Peak, Grand Canyon, Apache Trail, Pacific Coast Highway, Monument Valley to name a few. This trip is 1 year in the making, so there is a lot to look forward to. Happiness, Nervousness, Excitement…mixed emotions.

The bike I’ll be riding is the 2005 Honda CBR600RR. People look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’m going that far on a supersport. I just think they don’t “get it”….or maybe I’m a little crazy. I’ll be staying at hotel/motels, camping and couchsurfing over the duration of the trip. I’ve never couchsurfed before so that will be a new experience. And to be honest, the first time I put up a tent was today. Lots of new experiences which is what factors into my nervousness.

I’m currently very exhausted from packing all day. This was my only day to pack as I was writing my final exams at school (out of town and away from my bike). I’ll be updating with pictures and comments as I go. Looking forward to having you guys tag along with me!

Follow me in real time on SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0nB2OfaLQhiCpQB0ICfLvT4e2TyuQo1kq

And my blog:
http://supersporttouring.blogspot.com/

Dude! That's been a dream of mine for soo long, if youre looking for a riding partner;) (clears throat) lol

This was truly an inspiration !
Not including the damage(s) on your CBR, how much did the whole trip cost you ?

Dude! That's been a dream of mine for soo long, if youre looking for a riding partner;) (clears throat) lol
It was definitely an experience! I'm probably not going to do a trip like this this year but I plan to do some stateside riding in NY and PA.

This was truly an inspiration !
Not including the damage(s) on your CBR, how much did the whole trip cost you ?

It was around $2500 for the trip itself. Other costs such as preparation and equipment was around $2000, mostly electronics.

It was definitely an experience! I'm probably not going to do a trip like this this year but I plan to do some stateside riding in NY and PA.

It was around $2500 for the trip itself. Other costs such as preparation and equipment was around $2000, mostly electronics.

Aside from reading ADVRider, what else did you do to prep for the trip? You've definitely inspired me to plan something for next year and wouldn't mind picking your brain for info on how you began your process of planning.

Thank you for taking us along!

Ill be doing this next summer, so thanks for the confirmation too.

Thread back to life lol and going through every page (again), really putting me in a state of trance.

:rolleyes:

I've done that a couple times myself :D

Currently sorting through all the pics and vids from my trip last month. I havent even gone through all the video from my 600RR trip yet!

Back
Top Bottom