Still in the Game Rides!! | Page 67 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Still in the Game Rides!!

I'm heading up north this weekend, probably Saturday but will be making a stop on the back half of the loop at Buckwallow to go mtn biking there.
There is a Smokey Mountains/Tail of The Dragon ride coming up 1st week of Oct. I'd be up for a mini trip to PA again soon too.

Cool.... Let's look at some options for a PA ride...

I can't tomorrow. Meeting place for Sunday? Famous Sam if we heading north. Or Timmies just east of Salem on HWY 2 in Ajax.

I know you guys are set for Sunday... Any chance for Saturday? Just checking...

I'm good for Saturday but like I mentioned I'm going mtn biking at Buckwallow on the way home.
Be great to do a bit of a ride and grab lunch somewhere (Haliburton???) to figure out some details on a PA trip. I could then peel off and head to Bracebridge/Gravenhurst.
I'll shoot you a text soon.

I'm good for Saturday but like I mentioned I'm going mtn biking at Buckwallow on the way home.
Be great to do a bit of a ride and grab lunch somewhere (Haliburton???) to figure out some details on a PA trip. I could then peel off and head to Bracebridge/Gravenhurst.
I'll shoot you a text soon.

That could work nice! Let me know

Saturday
9:30 Anninas Bakery.
Shorter than usual loop. Probably Haliburton for lunch then start heading back.

I wish I could do Sunday as well but canny.
Hope you guys can get together for a good ride.

I won't be able to do the ride tomorrow. A workplace mishap on Friday night has me sidelined. Nothing serious, but enough pain that I know getting on the bike for a ride is not a smart move. Just going to lay low and rest. Hope you have a good ride. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope you heal quickly. Looks pretty cold in the morning. So I'm thinking of meeting at 10:30am at Timmies in Ajax and riding to Buckhorn for lunch, hit some twisties and be back at 5pm if anyone wants to join me.

Instead of doing the ride yesterday I went to the hospital to get checked out. Broken toe on my left foot. Makes shifting a little painful. Oh, well. Still looking to get out before the end of the season, though. Hope you had a great ride!

Looking at riding on Sunday. Could be local (518 and area) or heading South for a two-three days ride. Is there a Deals Gap ride in the planning ?

Pissin' rain Sunday by the looks of it. It that forecast changes I'll join you up to Huntsville or where ever we stop for lunch and then I'll head to Gravenhurst again.

Last week got in a nice little ride with Osiris up towards Haliburton with lunch in Minden.

Looking at riding on Sunday. Could be local (518 and area) or heading South for a two-three days ride. Is there a Deals Gap ride in the planning ?

Missing out again, but in Europe until Thanksgiving, so no complaints, but hope to get a ride in before season end

Hello Gents.
Thanksgiving weekend Tom and I are diving down to Deals Gap for a few days. Last minute plan to meet up with Mike there. He is taking the scenic route from Alaska!
Sorry TM, just spotted your post and we are already booked and have the 2 bike trailer set up to go.
My hockey season has started so had plans on shutting down the riding season after this trip, plus this summer I made everything on my to-do list into a "fall/winter project" so will have to start dealing with that.
Hopefully we get decent weather in the following weeks for one last run up north for a good old "Live to Ride - Ride to Lunch" kind of day.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed that Dave!!!

How was it????????????????

Hello Gents.
Thanksgiving weekend Tom and I are diving down to Deals Gap for a few days. Last minute plan to meet up with Mike there. He is taking the scenic route from Alaska!
Sorry TM, just spotted your post and we are already booked and have the 2 bike trailer set up to go.
My hockey season has started so had plans on shutting down the riding season after this trip, plus this summer I made everything on my to-do list into a "fall/winter project" so will have to start dealing with that.
Hopefully we get decent weather in the following weeks for one last run up north for a good old "Live to Ride - Ride to Lunch" kind of day.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Moe!
It was absolutely fantastic!!! We drove through some torrential rains coming off the Hurricane Matthew storms but once down there it was beautiful! Got in some great riding on Blue Ridge Parkway, Moonshine 28, Tail of the Dragon was pretty quiet so a few nice full length runs there too and we found a few more gems that led right back to the hotel.
It was nice seeing Mike on the last stretch of his journey and I think after being on the road for so many weeks across Canada, down the west coast and across the southern States, that he enjoyed having some familiar faces to enjoy the riding with and he could shut off the logistical thinking for a couple of days and just ride.
First time we threw just 2 bikes on a Toms little trailer, tied it to my little truck and went. It would be nice to pick up another little trailer as it would be great for weekend getaways to Ohio, etc.
I wish we were able to get in another trip or two as it was a pleasure riding with you and the boys! Good times! Such a great group, I'm glad to be a part of those adventures.
Next year I'll be settled in even more and hope to get out on more PA, VT trips and hopefully another biggie (Colorado, Wyoming, Utah...)

I wish you and all the SITG'ers a very Merry Christmas and All the best in the New Year!!!

See you in 2017! (except you Tom...I'll get the lottery money to you before that!)

Hey Dave, are you kick starting these rides again soon? :)

Nine!!! Long time, no see. Yeah, bike traded places with the snow blower in the garage a couple of weeks ago and is now ready to go.
Looking forward to the good ol' "Live to Ride - Ride to Lunch" day trips and a few getaway weekends this season.

Here's to safe and fun riding season!!!

Back
Top Bottom