Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

toysareforboys

Banned
Site Supporter
Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough Group Ride 4.0 thread!

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106467207235

The ride starts at the timmies at Kennedy Commons (401/Kennedy Rd.). We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15.

Don't worry if you have a small bike. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

The "regular" route takes about 3.5 hours total (to get back to the start point) and is about 200km round trip. We head out from timmies and do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

P1020280.JPG

We also plan other routes, sometimes NOT in advance, like Niagara Falls, Forks of the Credit, Algonquin/507, etc. Show up to timmies with a full tank and we'll decide where to go =)

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.
**NEW WEATHER SITE! http://bit.ly/lV1h80

Q: Can I come?
A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please), GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together. No sex required, I swear!

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Q: I only have my M1 and/or am afraid to go on the highway? Do you still love me?
A: Yes. There are NO highway or other roads which require greater then an M1 to drive on.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M.
(P.S. PLEASE do not post hate messages or other defamatory remarks in this thread. Your posts will just get deleted and if it gets out of hand this thread will be locked. Please.)

Last edited:
ooo...i can't wait to get out on some of these rides...last time was about a few years back...maybe 3 actually...just gotta get my bike outta storage...clear off the hanging plants...

Out of curiosity, y'all have many people on cruisers show up? Don't see many in the pic. Just wondering because I've gone on group rides with a bunch of sporties before & sorta feel like the d***hebag greybeard chaperone.

is it gonna be the "regular" route and the 'regular' time frame for the ride today as well? or is it gonna be a short one with a diff route??

Out of curiosity, y'all have many people on cruisers show up? Don't see many in the pic. Just wondering because I've gone on group rides with a bunch of sporties before & sorta feel like the d***hebag greybeard chaperone.
There is sometimes a cruiser or two on the ride. If you ride it like you stole it we will notice you less =)

You can't pick and choose your rides this time of year, so you're welcome to hang with us until you find a more socially accepted group to ride with :D

-Jamie M.
(P.S. Tej, yep, reg route, reg time. I only pre-rode the reg route, and given all the crap on the roads I figured we'd stick with roads we know.)

heading out now see you guys there :)

Good ride! First time riding in the Scarb group ride and twyn rivers.

Sorry for holding you guys back waiting for me and to fill up on gas.

I was on the 05 CBR 600RR black tribal.

Sorry for holding you guys back waiting for me and to fill up on gas. I was on the 05 CBR 600RR black tribal.
Nice bike, I love that colour of tribal =)

Twyn Rivers is fun. It was about the cleanest road we rode on today, lol. Had the most grip too!

Amazing ride today peeps. Tons of fun, got a little cold at the end there. Can't wait to see the video of my power slide on Old Finch!

Can't wait till the roads are cleaner too!! Amazing that we only had ONE rider go down!!!

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
Yeah I cant wait till the roads clear up, maybe get some more lean in the turns :)

crap...just took a look at my bike
my left side panel flew off somewhere on the route :( finding a new one will be hard

thanks for ride toys! ill be out again if i have enough gass
No problem! You and your 125 can ride with us anytime, you had no problems keeping up =)

-Jamie M.

Gonna try to make it out to one of these rides sometime (read, hot sunny day). I can freaking wait to read this thread later in the year when some one is blasting the Scarb group for someone going down/riding too fast/getting chased by cops/fill_in_the______.

Props to you for posting the rules up front, but I'm sure they'll come in to question at some point.

Cheers, and see you out there some time.

Two.

that was tons of fun , that was my second day being on a bike . thank you guys for being patient today .i will try to keep up with you next week .
jacob

that was tons of fun , that was my second day being on a bike . thank you guys for being patient today .i will try to keep up with you next week .
jacob
Remember, always ride your own pace, don't hurry to keep up with us, we won't leave you behind!

Check out the stickies at the top of the regular rides forum on the group ride techniques to make sure you got all the signals and lane position stuff down pat. And always remember, if you can't see the exit of a corner, slow in, fast out.

-Jamie M.

3 guys went straight on morning side i was way behinde and i saw that they are lost picked one up and got together with the group the other 2 they went straight hope they got out their way ok...

Don't worry if you have a small bike. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

The above, from post #1, is seemingly contradicted by the below :confused:

3 guys went straight on morning side i was way behinde and i saw that they are lost picked one up and got together with the group the other 2 they went straight hope they got out their way ok...

The above, from post #1, is seemingly contradicted by the below :confused:

where they left behinde??? i was sweeping they didnt wait for me .. whos at fault now??... anyway why dont you just mind your f.... bussiness and stop hatin on the MOST AMAIZING GROUP RIDE WHICH IS .... SCARBOROUGHRIDERS.... YOU KNOW THE REST

U mad brah? yeah u mad. lol, internet is serious business.

Relax.

Anyway, hopefully this Sunday weather changes!

Myself and the shiny new red ninja with the M4 went straight. we had a nice little rip on what seemed like some freshly paved roads.
all was good

Back
Top Bottom