Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough GROUP RIDE 4.0 - EVERY Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at Kennedy Commons

Too bad I didn't know about this before last weekend - would have been great to attend. If the weather holds out this weekend are you guys planning to meet up again?

Hi Jamie, thanks, but the FB link doesn't work - just redirects me to the generic events page. Is it a private event?
Ahhh yes, I forgot. PM sent.

-Jamie M.

Hey Jamie what bike you ride now, a gixxer?, I should be seeing all you guys in about month, getting a 08 r6 :D

Hey Jamie what bike you ride now, a gixxer?, I should be seeing all you guys in about month, getting a 08 r6 :D
lol. 09 R6S ;)

07_crop_LG.jpg

2012-02-06-WinterRideWithXtinaAndTafb02.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI4djEs1Cws&hd=1

-Jamie M.

i'll be attending this sunday for the first time ever..... :D see u guys there

i'll be attending this sunday for the first time ever..... :D see u guys there
We're planning a little different ride for this Sunday. We are going north/east so the meet spot will be the timmies at Rossland and Harwood in Ajax: http://g.co/maps/8ttnx

We're going to be hitting some clean twisty sweet roads (assuming it doesn't start raining, they are calling for 40% chance :().

Hope I see you there :)

-Jamie M.

howd it go? i bailed...took the wife out for sushi didnt get home till about 1:30, was supposed to come with a friend but i figured we were too late. hit twins and old finch for a bit then headed north...got cold quick so i didn't stay out long. you guys do the ride?

howd it go? i bailed...took the wife out for sushi didnt get home till about 1:30, was supposed to come with a friend but i figured we were too late. hit twins and old finch for a bit then headed north...got cold quick so i didn't stay out long. you guys do the ride?
It went good! We ripped the twisties on the way to Omemee and just missed an undercover cop by like 30 seconds :)

It got crazy cold and windy so we just ripped 115/401 all the way home.

-Jamie M.

Ride to Forks of the Credit, get bike tested by police!

Date: Sunday, May 27th.
Time: Meet up at 10:30am for 11:00am roll out.
Destination: Forks

And I quote:

"The Town of Oakville and Halton Regional Police are offering public awareness sessions on May 27 and June 24 to give owners a chance to test their motorcycles for decibel levels, free of charge, before the new by-law is enforced.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 – noon to 3 p.m.
Town Hall – Main Parking Lot, 1225 Trafalgar Road"

My plan is to meet up at the Timmies at Kennedy Commons around 10:30am for an 11:00am roll out. We'll cause a ruckus on Forks of the Credit road, then let the police test our bikes. I'm hoping I can set the high score! Bring em LOUD AND PROUD BABY!

Let me know if you're in :)

-Jamie M.

if you guys are riding this sunday (June 3) im definatly down.
I've been so freakin busy lately!!! Let me check my schedule of rides and see what's shakin :)

Remember, we're riding to the gun range the following Sunday ;)

-Jamie M.

What's going on this Sunday? Anyone down to go?!

What's going on this Sunday? Anyone down to go?!
This sunday? as in TODAY?? lol. No plans as it was below zero this morning, a bit windy, but it's looking better by the minute :)

If you wanna go for a rip I'd probably be up for a short ride. Text 289-600-9937

-Jamie M.

Doin a big ride this Sat. 11am till 5pm. PM me for details. It's invite only, if I haven't ridden with you before, you likely won't be invited.

-Jamie M.

Well folks. Here is the official Scarborough Group Ride 4.0 thread!

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP! Log In or Sign Up to View

The ride starts at the timmies at Kennedy Commons (401/Kennedy Rd.). We try and meet up around 1:30 and roll out around 2:15.

Don't worry if you have a small bike. We usually have a few CBR 125's and Ninja 250's on the ride so you WILL NOT be left behind.

We try and ride fast people up front, slow people in the back. We wait up for the slow group at every stop, turn, etc.

The "regular" route takes about 3.5 hours total (to get back to the start point) and is about 200km round trip. We head out from timmies and do a double run on Twyn Rivers and Old Finch. Then take Hwy #7 east to Brooklin. Stop at timmies there for fuel and food.

Then it's North to Uxbridge. Some amazingly scenic roads on this part, DON'T MISS IT AND BOOK OUT EARLY!

We usually stop for a group shot by a little lake:

P1020280.JPG

We also plan other routes, sometimes NOT in advance, like Niagara Falls, Forks of the Credit, Algonquin/507, etc. Show up to timmies with a full tank and we'll decide where to go =)

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Is there a ride going on THIS Sunday???
A: Yes. Weather permitting. Check this site and this site for weather radar. Don't believe the weather report anywhere else.
**NEW WEATHER SITE! Local Weather Forecast, News and Conditions | Weather Underground

Q: Can I come?

A: Yes dammit. Just come. Don't ask. Doesn't matter what you ride (no under 100cc scooters please), GET OUT HERE!

Q: I'm a wimp and only want to do the Scarborough part of the ride, can I do that?
A: Yes. You can book out after Old Finch / Twyn Rivers or keep with us all the way to Brooklin then head home from there.

Q: I live in Brooklin/Port Perry/Oshawa/Whitby/Ajax/Pickering/Bowmanville/Courtice and just want to do the Durham part of the route. How do I do that?
A: Meet us at the Timmies in Brooklin (the real brooklin, not the fake one), corner of Hwy #7 and Hwy #12 (that's Baldwin St. and Winchester Rd.) around 3:45.

Q: I'm a girl and I'm shy about rolling up to that group by myself.
A: PM me and we'll meet at STC or something and roll in together. No sex required, I swear!

Q: Can I please have a google route map of the Scarb and Durham routes?
A: Send me a PM and I'll give em to ya.

Q: I only have my M1 and/or am afraid to go on the highway? Do you still love me?
A: Yes. There are NO highway or other roads which require greater then an M1 to drive on.

Any other questions just SEND ME A PM (try not to post in the thread so it doesn't get too bloated).

Can't wait to see ya out on the ride.

-Jamie M.
(P.S. PLEASE do not post hate messages or other defamatory remarks in this thread. Your posts will just get deleted and if it gets out of hand this thread will be locked. Please.)
This still going on!??! Would love to take part in this

Back
Top Bottom