The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Yes, but it used to be on the other side of University beside the bank.

Thanks Tim. I'll park over there if I have to.

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

You can also park on the street where the strip mall's driveway is. Parked there many times in the past...

Was just browsing the other thread and HIDs came up. I am ready when everyone else is. Are we going with DDM ones?

jeffjones - rangers game friday night?? pretty sure I spotted you there.

Was just browsing the other thread and HIDs came up. I am ready when everyone else is. Are we going with DDM ones?

I'm in too! Just need some advice on what to get. 35L/55H 6 or 8k? I want the whiter looking ones apparently those are the best. but i want high's and low's. Just not sure exactly and if the kit comes with everything we need etc...

jeffjones - rangers game friday night?? pretty sure I spotted you there.

Ya I was there with the wifey and daughter lol, Were you sitting near me or just saw me walking? I was behind the Visitor net.

Danny, If you get the HID's here is a walkthrough for an install on an F4i. (Jer it might help you a bit just to see what all comes with the kit but it may change do to different bike)

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

Last edited:

I'm in too! Just need some advice on what to get. 35L/55H 6 or 8k? I want the whiter looking ones apparently those are the best. but i want high's and low's. Just not sure exactly and if the kit comes with everything we need etc...

Is your Hi and Lo the same bulb right now?
If so you just need to get one kit of Hi/Lo, If not you will need 2 Kits.
If you want the whiter lights go with 5k or 6k. From what I have heard about DDM is their 6k and 8k are the same kit and just labeled differently?
I heard they just have a 7k set and label it to whatever the person orders (Not to sure on the reliability of that, Just what I heard in another forum).

If you want the whiter lights go with 5k or 6k. From what I have heard about DDM is their 6k and 8k are the same kit and just labeled differently?.

I think whoever told you that is off base.
The 35 watt 6K HID's are a really nice white/blue. The difference comes when you switch to the 55 watt kit. The 55 watt 8K is about the same colour as the 6K. The extra power bleaches out some of the colour tone, making it appear the same as a bulb 2K less in 35 watt format.

The 35 watt 6K HID's are a really nice white/blue. The difference comes when you switch to the 55 watt kit. The 55 watt 8K is about the same colour as the 6K. The extra power bleaches out some of the colour tone, making it appear the same as a bulb 2K less in 35 watt format.

Ok My H&L in both headlights appear to be the same bulb. So I need the 35w 6k with H&L then? If so lets get the orders together :) I'm ready :)

PS: Thanks for helping out!

Not trying to say they are crap as I have bought 6 sets for them for myself and friends and love them I was just saying I saw this (Again not sure on the reliability) and it mentions that DDM gets the Kelvin rating between 2 bulbs and just labels them to whatever you order.
I know I have 6k in my truck and 8k in my bike and you can't really tell the difference between the 2.

Untitled-1.png

OK Then.. .I stand corrected....

That actually works out better for me. I was waffling between 4500k and 5000k, so it's good to know that DDM is using a 4700k and calling it either one.

FYI Tri City Cycle is today's WagJag.com deal today.

Are we all ready to order the DDM kits? When is the deadline? I can tare my plastics off tonight and confirn what bulb type I need tonight if our orders are due?

Are we all ready to order the DDM kits? When is the deadline? I can tare my plastics off tonight and confirn what bulb type I need tonight if our orders are due?

You should be able to get at the bulbs without taking the fairings off?

You should be able to get at the bulbs without taking the fairings off?

super! I might even just call the dealer, they should have it on the parts chache? saves me taking stuff apart until the kit comes in.. I would hope they would be able to tell me lol

I want in on the HID buy as well.
I've got 2 headlights that are both hi/lo so I'll need 2 35W/55W dual kits.
H4 and 5000K.

Who's putting the order together?

And when's the next pub night?

I want in on the HID buy as well.
I've got 2 headlights that are both hi/lo so I'll need 2 35W/55W dual kits.
H4 and 5000K.

Who's putting the order together?

And when's the next pub night?

1 Kit includes 2 Hi/Lo Bulbs and 2 ballasts

super! I might even just call the dealer, they should have it on the parts chache? saves me taking stuff apart until the kit comes in.. I would hope they would be able to tell me lol

On ebay they list your bulbs as H4's but I would double check for sure.

Anyone ordering H4's make sure you pay the extra $20 I think and get the Hi/Lo as I made that mistake once and when I hit the high beam my lights just turned off.

Last edited:

1 Kit includes 2 Hi/Lo Bulbs and 2 ballasts

Good thing you mentioned that. I as well thought I needed 2 kits bc I have dual headlights with each doing h&L :)

Good thing you mentioned that. I as well thought I needed 2 kits bc I have dual headlights with each doing h&L :)

You can order single kits for any cyclops bikes but a full slim ballast kit is enough for both sides ;)

Back
Top Bottom