The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 279 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

so BIP, how's she ride?
Don't know yet. Got home too late yesterday to go out and today's weather has been too ******. I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening. It's got a temp plate on it now, into the shop on Wednesday for cert and some goodies.
My only debate is about the OEM tires. Good enough for the Gap or swap them out for better rubber now? They've only got 1,700kms on them, but I don't want **** tires for the Dragon. Anyone have any experience with Dunlop Sportmax D222 tires?

Don't know yet. Got home too late yesterday to go out and today's weather has been too ******. I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening. It's got a temp plate on it now, into the shop on Wednesday for cert and some goodies.
My only debate is about the OEM tires. Good enough for the Gap or swap them out for better rubber now? They've only got 1,700kms on them, but I don't want **** tires for the Dragon. Anyone have any experience with Dunlop Sportmax D222 tires?
Got with Dunlop Roadsmart 3. End of discussion

get a hyper sport tire for the gap, Q3's, Q4's, S21's, SP's, etc. You want the extra grip for margin. Spoon a fresh set on before you go. Even then 1200F will rock some Q3's. The bike is a bit too heavy for them on the front, but I don't expect to spend a lot of time in the upright position :)

Easy there, big guy! I'm not planning on giving it 100%! Last year I was good with Roadsmart 3's on Big Burtha so I think they'll be ok for this trip. Besides, Tim's gonna be there so we can't really go *that quick....

That KTM is pretty at home on those roads!

get a hyper sport tire for the gap, Q3's, Q4's, S21's, SP's, etc. You want the extra grip for margin. Spoon a fresh set on before you go. Even then 1200F will rock some Q3's. The bike is a bit too heavy for them on the front, but I don't expect to spend a lot of time in the upright position :)
I was knee dragging on Roadsmart 2's on a lighter bike (my FZ09). Just run lower pressures and they're awesome. I was running 29R 30F I think.

Got with Dunlop Roadsmart 3. End of discussion

I'm running a RoadSmart 3 on the rear and a Q3 on the front. The profiles work really well together. What I had down at the dragon last year and they gave me zero issues.

The KTM isn't the problem....lol

Probably right.
I'm conscientious and would need to keep the "who's that Bippy slow kid in the back" with the pack somehow.. The KTM, not so much... hehehe.

Rest Assured. A nutbar on a VFR1200 will leave is all behind.

When I got rid of the FJR, I had just shy of 12,000kms on a set. The rear could have easily gotten to 20,000 and the front even more. Actually, the front barely looked worn at all....

Let me translate "lady ridden"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today. I'm planning on heading down for the Paris Bike Night this evening. I'll be leaving from Cambridge probably about 6pm. If anyone sees me and my XSR feel free to chat me up!

Let me translate "lady ridden"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ouch..... gfy

Finally got out for a good ride yesterday on the VFR and it was fantastic! They've really smoothed out the Vtec transition to the point that it's not noticable. My '06 VFR had a pretty good kick, enough that I wouldn't have wanted to be mid-corner and have it kick in. But this was niiiice....lol!

If anyone is interested in a Canada Day ride,

Date: Sunday July 1
Time: 1pm, kickstands up 15 mins later
Route/Duration: Hockley Valley, Lunch at St. Louis after the ride! (~3 hours)
Pace: Cruise, OPP will be out in full force

so you're doing a 4pm lunch?

Back
Top Bottom