The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 276 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Hey guys.
Ganaraska Trail Tours date confirmed.
Sunday, May 27th.

Please let me know if you can attend so I can put your name on the list.
Thanks.

In, Saara is too. Mosport w/ pro6 is the day after :)

Hey guys.
Ganaraska Trail Tours date confirmed.
Sunday, May 27th.

Please let me know if you can attend so I can put your name on the list.
Thanks.

Hey Everyone!

New to the area, currently living in the Forest Heights area of Kitchener!

Previously lived in Mississauga, and have been on the Thursday night ride at Steeles & Financial with brian.

Any weekly rides in the area? What are the good roads around here!?

I ride a FJ09... what I would describe as a spirited pace. Have a friend in the area with a 250, so also open to just some chill rides. Let me know whats around!

Welcome Husqy!

We're all a pretty relaxed bunch around here and post up our rides semi regularly here in this thread.
The best road, in the area, hands down is Scenic Drive, near Paris. Otherwise there are fun roads near Hawkesville and Conestoga Lake.

We ride a decently fun pace in general, but always adjust according to the riders who are in attendance.

Welcome to the area. Heads up for the horse droppings on the roads here out in the country, particularly near St.Jacobs. There are quite a few mennonites out here.

If you are into track riding, a number of us do that as well:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Waterloo-area-c-u-next-trackday-riders-thread!

Hey Everyone!

New to the area, currently living in the Forest Heights area of Kitchener!

Previously lived in Mississauga, and have been on the Thursday night ride at Steeles & Financial with brian.

Any weekly rides in the area? What are the good roads around here!?

I ride a FJ09... what I would describe as a spirited pace. Have a friend in the area with a 250, so also open to just some chill rides. Let me know whats around!

re: Scenic Drive, just watch for grass and pedestrians. The people who live there don't like bikes and mow their lawns in such a way as to put as much grass as possible on the road. I also had a pedestrian spread his arms and walk closer to the yellow line to force me into the other lane in a curve.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been coming back and forth the last 5 years to KW because my GF lives here, but now i do too!

I'll look for more updates once the weather heats up a bit ;)

Hey everyone,

Gorgeous day to ride. Trying to map something out around cambridge/Paris.

Google maps shows a section of West River Rd as dirt/gravel. Is that accurate?

Thanks! Motowhere has tons of routes for the area, but lots of them look pin-straight so I don't think i can trust em.

the road itself is not, but the exit road to the 24A is tar and chip, although I haven't been down it in a whlie

If anyone wants to go for a little cruise tomorrow, come by the Tims on University/Bridge at 1:45. Going to be heading to Conestoga for a bit then lunch at St. Louis. Pace will be slow to medium; shake off that winter rust!

Thanks to the guys the came out today, weather was perfect and the food after was delicious!
ypbrTst.jpg

Looks like a great ride! I did 500 km up to thornbury and back with a GTA group!

Rides usually co-ordinated here or do you guys have a whatsapp group going?

Rides are usually coordinated here. Use the same format as on earlier pages.
Also, try posting them a couple of days in advance for a decent turnout.

Sorry for the short notice, but if anyone wants to ride this evening, I'm going to be going on a short little Conestoga route. Pace will be slow/cruise
Meet Place: Tim Hortons at University/Bridge
Time: 5:30; kickstands up 5:45
Duration will be around 2 hours

EDIT: Pushed ride forward 15 minutes due to some PM's about timing being tight with their work schedule

Last edited:
Hey Guys.
Had a nice ride out to Hockley Valley and back today. Roads are all good, except for those 2 nice sweepers outside of Grand Valley - covered in a fine layer of dirt and clumps of mud -- farmers are using the road to get to and from their fields, leaving the crap behind.
Just a heads up for anyone heading that way.

perfect day for it. I looked at a computer screen all day. To be fair I do have a motorcycle picture as the background. Its pretty much the same thing ;)

This Wednesday looks like a perfect day to get out for a ride - I got a pretty neat little route I want to try out with some nice roads.

Date: Wednesday May 16
Time: 5:30, kickstands up 15 mins later
Route/Duration: Conestoga Lake initially with an additional loop in Elora area. 2H
Pace: Medium

Hope to see you out there; should be a blast as always!

Last edited:
Group Ride to Hockley Valley and back...

Date: Monday, May 21
Location: Tim Horton's, University and Bridge Street Waterloo
Meet Time: 1:00pm
Kickstands Up: 1:15pm
Route: To Hockley and back. Guesstimating 4:30-5pm.
Pace: Relaxed. M1 Friendly.

It's a holiday Monday, so the cops will be out in full force.
THIS IS NOT A RIDE FOR 160+ EVERYWHERE. No Shenanigans. Period.

Back
Top Bottom