The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 271 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Here's a video of the trip to the Dragon some people and I do every year.
It's a relaxed pace, nothing too exciting. Uses 3 cameras on 2 bikes.
Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;6VjjWUN57aE]http://youtu.be/6VjjWUN57aE[/video]

Tomorrow's weather is looking pretty good! I'm very tempted to play hooky and go riding.....
Anyone else having those thoughts?

Both bikes are in pieces, rebuilding all of the brakes. If anyone needs a brake piston puller, I bought one :) Turns out trying to fanagle 6 pistons in a caliper all at the same time so you can get them out with compressed air is an exercise in futility.

Checking them isn't so bad. Adjusting, if needed, is a whole lot more effort.

Oh god, what have I gotten myself into...
mEs8Bva.jpg

O88Rl23.jpg

Let's just hope it still runs after all this

Good work, Sebi. You're almost done! Assuming they're in spec...

This was my bike last week. The engine is back together with a new piston, and the freshly serviced forks are back on. Sebi, I'm sure you'll appreciate the Amsoil waterproof grease and home made chain fling guard (made from a Stax container) both in Yamaha blue :)

27290947349_30c15f106f_o.jpg

39068317271_8c75fdc094_o.jpg

25201623658_a600f6b3e9_o.jpg

25201624438_400e9c4e48_o.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys find the time to do complete teardowns of your bikes! If it requires more than an hour, **** it, it goes to the shop!

Good work, Sebi. You're almost done! Assuming they're in spec...

This was my bike last week. The engine is back together with a new piston, and the freshly serviced forks are back on. Sebi, I'm sure you'll appreciate the Amsoil waterproof grease and home made chain fling guard (made from a Stax container) both in Yamaha blue :)

Yea, I haven't found the courage yet to take off the cam cover... Maybe I'll do that today. I'm also thinking of doing some other maintenance/work while I have it all apart. It is 9 years old now with 46,000km's and I do use it pretty hard. Any suggestions?

I don't know how you guys find the time to do complete teardowns of your bikes! If it requires more than an hour, **** it, it goes to the shop!

I would never take either my car or bike to a shop unless the person working on it is either someone I personally know/trust or that a friend recommends. No one care about my car/bike as much as I do! I'm also pretty picky in how something is done; it's also a great opportunity to learn the intricacy's of your machine and really appreciate it

I also finally got a trailer hitch for the car so thankfully no more having to ride to the track! I just need to figure out a way to splice into my car's tail light system. I'm not sure if UHAUL motorcycle trailers lights are either incandescent or LED. I hope it wont blow my car's fuse

Last edited:
I would never take either my car or bike to a shop unless the person working on it is either someone I personally know/trust or that a friend recommends. No one care about my car/bike as much as I do! I'm also pretty picky in how something is done; it's also a great opportunity to learn the intricacy's of your machine and really appreciate it

I also finally got a trailer hitch for the car so thankfully no more having to ride to the track! I just need to figure out a way to splice into my car's tail light system. I'm not sure if UHAUL motorcycle trailers lights are either incandescent or LED. I hope it wont blow my car's fuse

The shop I take my bikes to I've been going to for years, and it took me years to find! And there's only one guy there who's allowed to work on my bikes. If he's not in, it waits!

I've rented a Uhaul bike trailer a few times, before I bought my trailer, and they all had LED lights.....I think most of their trailers have LED. I wouldn't worry too much about blowing a fuse. But if you are worried, but keep a few spares in the glove box.

The shop I take my bikes to I've been going to for years, and it took me years to find! And there's only one guy there who's allowed to work on my bikes. If he's not in, it waits!

I've rented a Uhaul bike trailer a few times, before I bought my trailer, and they all had LED lights.....I think most of their trailers have LED. I wouldn't worry too much about blowing a fuse. But if you are worried, but keep a few spares in the glove box.

Yea, that's the exact situation where I'd take it to a shop, I'm glad to hear you found someone who does good work!
Thanks for the info on the UHAUL lights, the wiring should be relatively straight forward. Are you going to be purchasing GB 3-day pass this year? If so, I'll definitely see you out there!

Yea, that's the exact situation where I'd take it to a shop, I'm glad to hear you found someone who does good work!
Thanks for the info on the UHAUL lights, the wiring should be relatively straight forward. Are you going to be purchasing GB 3-day pass this year? If so, I'll definitely see you out there!

I'm hoping to pick up the 3-day pass from them at the bike show. If I miss them, I think it can be ordered online until the end of January.
I wonder if Shannonville has a similar deal?....
I would also really love to try CTMP and Calabogie this year. Anyone else planning on going to one or both of those tracks?

On a side note, I had a chance to visit Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA last week and it looks incredible! I've already decided that after I get a couple of years experience doing track here, I'm going to trailer my bike out and do a few days there. Anyone else interested in a road trip to (arguably) the best track in North America?

I'm hoping to pick up the 3-day pass from them at the bike show. If I miss them, I think it can be ordered online until the end of January.
I would also really love to try CTMP and Calabogie this year. Anyone else planning on going to one or both of those tracks?

On a side note, I had a chance to visit Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA last week and it looks incredible! I've already decided that after I get a couple of years experience doing track here, I'm going to trailer my bike out and do a few days there. Anyone else interested in a road trip to (arguably) the best track in North America?

I'm sure you can contact Paul afterwards about it if you miss them at the show (that's what I did) I'm also planning on going to either bogie or shannonville and then CTMP will be my season closer if the bike makes it that far :laughing9:

I'm super jealous that you got to visit Laguna Seca! I'd be up for a trip but after a few more years and having a dedicated track bike

Last edited:
Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take my rental car on the track. The gate was open so I guess technically I could have....lol!
b26ea39ec3a7739b28ae87b77906506e.jpg
eda277a1454f2213e9847179e19c2667.jpg
0751ab7fb21994fbf1ba1c2a3faa4bab.jpg

Shannonville has 2 days for $150, lunch included. They usually post that deal up at the end of January or February.
CTMP Big Track and Calabogie are available through DOCC (need to buy a membership) and Pro6. They usually sell out very quickly, so you need to buy your ticket well in advance and hope to hell it doesn't rain. No refunds unless it's so bad (Hurricane, Lightning, Monsoon, Deluge etc) that the track closes.

Oh yeah, Laguna Seca the same 92dB noise limit as Calabogie and are very strict about it.

Last edited:
Shannonville has 2 days for $150, lunch included.

Wow, that is a really good deal. How is Shannonville as a track?

I'm also considering doing quite a bit of work on the R6 over the winter. It's 9 years old and gets beaton on pretty hard... I'm considering: [FONT=&quot]pulling the steering stem apart and greasing the bearings, removing the swing arm and grease all of the bearings, grease rear shock linkage, grease brake rotors.
Is it worth doing all that work? Anything else I'm missing?[/FONT]

Shannonville has 2 days for $150, lunch included. They usually post that deal up at the end of January or February.
CTMP Big Track and Calabogie are available through DOCC (need to buy a membership) and Pro6. They usually sell out very quickly, so you need to buy your ticket well in advance and hope to hell it doesn't rain. No refunds unless it's so bad (Hurricane, Lightning, Monsoon, Deluge etc) that the track closes.

Oh yeah, Laguna Seca the same 92dB noise limit as Calabogie and are very strict about it.

No refunds for a closed track due to lightning or monsoon at Calabogie last year.
Rider's Choice usually has a few Mosport big track days too.

Yea, I haven't found the courage yet to take off the cam cover... Maybe I'll do that today. I'm also thinking of doing some other maintenance/work while I have it all apart. It is 9 years old now with 46,000km's and I do use it pretty hard. Any suggestions?

Use it pretty hard? LOL... think again. :p None of us really do.

Don't be afraid to take the cover off. Just make sure the frame and anything above/around the area is clean before you open it. Also, there are probably o-rings around the spark plug holes that aren't attached to the outside gasket. Don't lose those. They often stick to the cover when you lift it off. When putting the cover gasket back on don't decide to "not bother" putting sealant at the casting joints and corners of the half moons.

Back
Top Bottom