The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 265 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Pity what happened to his face

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I mean wow... even the waitress commented on it... oh the cruelty of life...

I hate you both....lol!

Yup, and scraped a lot of bike parts doing it!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It wasn't a lot of parts.....it was just the same 2 parts a few times! That's why the foot pegs are there, right?

LOL... that's awesome. Leave it to Katatonic to randomly show up on a ride in another country.

Dave! I haven't seen you in a few years! Hope everything is good. Do you have a street bike now? Last I remember you had a track bike and a dirtbike....

I had to be in Cleveland for a family reunion, which is today, so I decided to leave a few days early and take the scenic route!
I got to Tennessee a day earlier than expected so I was able to shed all the touring bags off the bike and actually have some fun.

Dave! I haven't seen you in a few years! Hope everything is good. Do you have a street bike now? Last I remember you had a track bike and a dirtbike....

I had to be in Cleveland for a family reunion, which is today, so I decided to leave a few days early and take the scenic route!
I got to Tennessee a day earlier than expected so I was able to shed all the touring bags off the bike and actually have some fun.

No street bike. Road track and dirt still. Having most of my fun on the dirt bike at the moment. Learning some new skills so that's a lot of fun.

Hey Everyone...
Back from our trip the Dragon... had a super great time - good company, amazing roads and a bunch of BBQ... can life get much better???

Here's a clip of our crazy driveway - I posted a video of it last year from the truck, but it just didn't do the incline etc justice. It's still somewhat limited in showing how steep it really is, but you'll get the idea...
Apologies for the splatted bug on the camera lens... ;-)

[video=youtube_share;uKVUzuNHwME]http://youtu.be/uKVUzuNHwME[/video]

The camera hardly shows it, but it's quite the incline. Truck was in 1st gear floored to make it up there. I wasn't sure if 2 wheel drive would be enough

The camera hardly shows it, but it's quite the incline. Truck was in 1st gear floored to make it up there. I wasn't sure if 2 wheel drive would be enough

First gear floored? Now you know why I was concerned about kicking gravel back at you on the way up last year. ;-)
GoogleEarth shows a vertical height differential of 84 meters (276 feet!)

Here's some video of Highway 64, from south of Franklin to Dry Falls... the end is very picturesque and scenic...
[video=youtube_share;lSw_qMW4H7o]http://youtu.be/lSw_qMW4H7o[/video]

Here's part of the Blue Ridge Parkway..

[video=youtube_share;dnWVIda9enk]http://youtu.be/dnWVIda9enk[/video]

Last edited:
One of our Dragon Runs....
[video=youtube_share;3KbIJqMNwQ4]http://youtu.be/3KbIJqMNwQ4[/video]

I know Zdeno's isn't everybody's favourite place around here, but is anyone planning on checking out their bike night tonight?

I know Zdeno's isn't everybody's favourite place around here, but is anyone planning on checking out their bike night tonight?

Wasn't planning on it, but may swing by...

Hey...
Planning on a ride to Hockley Valley on the Saturday of the upcoming long weekend.
It will be a relaxed pace with a few fun paced areas, but nothing stupid. It's a long weekend, so police will be everywhere.
If you want to ride 150km/h+ everywhere, ride like a nut bar or pull wheelies, this isn't for you.

Meet: Saturday, August 5
Location: Tim Horton's, corner of Bridge St. and University Ave. in Waterloo
Time: 1 p.m. Kickstands up at 1:15 p.m. SHARP

We should be back around 4:30 p.m. or so.
Have a FULL tank of gas. Please be courteous to everyone else on the ride. We will stop for gas at either Grand Valley or in Fergus on the return route.

I will be 2-up, so if you're so inclined, bring your other with you!

Hey...
Planning on a ride to Hockley Valley on the Saturday of the upcoming long weekend.
It will be a relaxed pace with a few fun paced areas, but nothing stupid. It's a long weekend, so police will be everywhere.
If you want to ride 150km/h+ everywhere, ride like a nut bar or pull wheelies, this isn't for you.

Meet: Saturday, August 5
Location: Tim Horton's, corner of Bridge St. and University Ave. in Waterloo
Time: 1 p.m. Kickstands up at 1:15 p.m. SHARP

We should be back around 4:30 p.m. or so.
Have a FULL tank of gas. Please be courteous to everyone else on the ride. We will stop for gas at either Grand Valley or in Fergus on the return route.

I will be 2-up, so if you're so inclined, bring your other with you!

It's kinda sad when the highlighted parts need to be announced....

Wish I could join you for a ride on this side of the border, but like most weekends I'll be in Turkey Point. Maybe you should lead a group ride down there one Saturday! :D

we'll see what the weather does tomorrow, but should be a good one

Back
Top Bottom