The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 258 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I sold the FZ09 and my YZ250F to get a KTM 350EXC-F. Then at the end of last year I sold the KTM and got a Yamaha YZ250X. I have no street bike. I have a ZX6R track bike though.

and that ZX6R is smooth as butter.... actually that might even be an insult to the kawi ;)

Really?! What didn't you like about it?

I didn't realise until after I bought it that it didn't come with the good offroad forks, it had open chamber junk (the forks on my 2006 YZ250F were far far better), the gearing was way too high for tight trail riding even after going -1F and +7R teeth on the sprockets, the handling wasn't what I wanted in the woods (it always felt front high even though I dropped the front end by 15mm), too much vibration in the handle bars even with heavy Bark Busters installed... Just a bunch of things that added up to it not being the bike for me. I sold it used, bought a new YZ250X and had money left over.

I didn't realise until after I bought it that it didn't come with the good offroad forks, it had open chamber junk (the forks on my 2006 YZ250F were far far better), the gearing was way too high for tight trail riding even after going -1F and +7R teeth on the sprockets, the handling wasn't what I wanted in the woods (it always felt front high even though I dropped the front end by 15mm), too much vibration in the handle bars even with heavy Bark Busters installed... Just a bunch of things that added up to it not being the bike for me. I sold it used, bought a new YZ250X and had money left over.

Ahhh that makes sense,ya I'd assume you'd have some money left over after that!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The only reason I can figure why they're so expensive is simply because people will pay it...

The only reason I can figure why they're so expensive is simply because people will pay it...
You did! and I was just about to before talking to you about it.

The 350 EXC is still a good dual sport bike, just not the right bike for Doozerdave.

You did! and I was just about to before talking to you about it.

The 350 EXC is still a good dual sport bike, just not the right bike for Doozerdave.

Yep, I did. because I didn't know enough about them. Wicked engine though, except for the vibration.

So who's watching the WSBK this weekend?
Viewing party anywhere?

MotoGP from Qatar was pretty good...

Motogp was great it's gonna be a great season with so much talent for the podium!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Just checking in from Cambridge. Picked up a new bike for this year after a 7 year hiatus. Looking to get back into riding and meeting some new people. Any Gixxes KW area?

Welcome to the site and back to riding!

Back
Top Bottom