The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 256 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

No official guesses....
But, Smergy and I have both received our 3 day passes to GB track days this week...

Couple rides sort of kind of planned with a new coworker of mine....

Otherwise, we'll see what happens!

Can't wait!

Nice! Did that run you $390 all in? I'm also thinking of getting 3 day passes to GB...

I hope the CBR makes it one more year then we'll see what comes up later this year or next year. Considering an R1, usually after 3 or 4 years you start to see a good used market and have a bunch of ex-race bikes come up, but its been fairly slow for this one. The price ask is still high, even for the non-M models, there's no spare rims (at a reasonable price) out there, and parts aren't as plentiful. I wouldn't mind giving the new fireblade a go either, but to me it's more like a mid-cycle refresh than a new bike. Awesome they put in the autoblipper (and amazing yamaha hasn't), but some of the electronics seem half baked. Yes, let's put in a high-sample rate IMU then use a speed sensor to detect lift. Titanium tank is cool.

If there were local places you could just hop on the bike and ride a bit, I'd look at an MX bike. Trailering for an hour+ is a bit less appealing.

I'm still not sure if I like Yamaha's new styling but I sure wouldn't say no to either the new R6/R1. Have you considered the new ZX10? It's received a ton of praise from what I've seen.

As a side note, is anyone else going to the show on the 18th? Perhaps we can car pool? That is, if Smergy doesn't fill the car with tires again ;)

I think my track days are done at this point if anyone wants to buy my R6 I will make you a good deal

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think my track days are done at this point if anyone wants to buy my R6 I will make you a good deal

65119145.jpg

(for the uninitiated)

Last edited:

Boo hiss Steve, Boo hiss.
Was hoping to see you out once this year... strut your stuff and be a general show off don't ya know... ;-)

GBM was $300 taxes in for the 3 days, but it expired at the end of Jan. You doing a few track days again this year Sebi?

I don't care all that much about styling I care about about the package, performance and spare parts more than looks. keeping the options open for the time being.

GBM was $300 taxes in for the 3 days, but it expired at the end of Jan. You doing a few track days again this year Sebi?

I don't care all that much about styling I care about about the package, performance and spare parts more than looks. keeping the options open for the time being.

I also purchased 3 days at GBM, should be a good time!

Can't wait for the season!

Can't wait for the season!

Indeed. Just got some new gloves.. Berik 2.0's... pretty darn heavy duty! Got them from a site in Germany.
Gonna take the exhaust off the track bike on Thursday and see about dropping it off at that exhaust shop in Elmira to get it modified a bit further... Dave was so kind as to hook me up with a can from a dirt bike - will need some mods, but shouldn't be too terrible.

Indeed. Just got some new gloves.. Berik 2.0's... pretty darn heavy duty! Got them from a site in Germany.
Gonna take the exhaust off the track bike on Thursday and see about dropping it off at that exhaust shop in Elmira to get it modified a bit further... Dave was so kind as to hook me up with a can from a dirt bike - will need some mods, but shouldn't be too terrible.

What are you planning on doing to the pipe? Mine was pretty straight forward... Just cut out the cats and muffler and tuned accordingly. Less weight and sounds great!

What are you planning on doing to the pipe? Mine was pretty straight forward... Just cut out the cats and muffler and tuned accordingly. Less weight and sounds great!

Well, the stock pipe on the KTM isn't at all that simple. 2 in pipes, 2 catalytic converters, double wall shell, convoluted interior pipes...
Last year I cut the can off the header and took it to that previously mentioned exhaust shop. They put a cap on the 1 down pipe, effectively making a 2-1 system like every after market exhaust. They then welded on a sport car resonator and an exit pipe. The bike is ridiculously loud right now as you know.

Going to remove the resonator and have them put on the can Dave hooked me up with. Much more packing, so it should help the sound output a ton. The end cap has a bit of an open space in the cap, so Im' going to see if they can make it so I can insert a baffle in there as necessary (may see about a trip to Calabogie, where noise requirements are strict).

There's a guy selling a JCE exhaust on Kijiji right now, so I contacted him.. doesn't want to come off his price though, so I told him if he changes his mind he can get in touch.

It's called "Motivair" - at the end of First street by the bowling alley. They're a small exhaust manufacturer - do stuff for lots of domestic vehicles. They do custom car stuff too.. went there 'cause I did some work for them at my old job.

That's where I was thinking when you said exhaust and Elmira.. I've been in there for my work and it was a cool place to check out and see what they do.

So I really need a new chain… Mine is full of tight spots and unfortunately it’s now a mess. I’m thinking of going -1/+2 for gearing and 520 for size. I am undecided on brand (currently debating between Vortex and Driven) and steel vs aluminum for the rear sprocket. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Well holy poop on a stick....

I dropped my previous exhaust system off at Motivair at about 9am this morning... got a call at 2:45pm saying it's done. Wow...
Was planning on picking it up tomorrow morning on my way to work, but I think I might be tempted to pick it up now...
Will have to figure out some additional mounting points as I did before, but it shouldn't be too difficult (just some trial and error with any luck) with some supplies I have kicking around the garage.

I'll admit to being super curious as to what it's going to sound like at wide open!!! Can't freaking wait.
Monday is my projected install date.

Last edited:
So I really need a new chain… Mine is full of tight spots and unfortunately it’s now a mess. I’m thinking of going -1/+2 for gearing and 520 for size. I am undecided on brand (currently debating between Vortex and Driven) and steel vs aluminum for the rear sprocket. Any thoughts/recommendations?

My thoughts would be DID or RK, aluminum rear sprocket.

I've used both DID and RK, both quality chains. The DID ZVM-X on the CBR right now seems quite nice. I guess I'm still a bit old school with the 530 on a 1L. -1 +2 should help it.

You need the higher gearing for the top end, I switch to +1/0, but yeah Dave is correct mosport drinks fuel but you have so much fun you just don't care

Back
Top Bottom